Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  10
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Post Thanks / Like
    I have one too but perfer reading a book..

2. Likes Butterflyrose liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I still enjoy a book, also love trading books back and forth with family.....

4. Likes Butterflyrose liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wish I had an E-reader but I can't afford one. They are too expensive. Don't you have to have the internet on them to use them? Or can you use the wireless internet which I can do on my laptop.?Since my retirement is gone I haven't bought anything major. Social security doesn't go very far.

Post Thanks / Like
    Redhead, my sister was offerring a kindle for $100 or best offer. If you are interested I'll give you her email. If you are where there is a phone signal you can usually use the kindle's internet connection. We live so far in the country that we can't use that feature at ohme. You can read the books wherever you are but to load them you have to be where you get a signal. We go to Amazon and add books then we go into town where we get a signal and then kindle sends the books to you. All you have to do is turn it on. Is that confusing you more?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have just recently purchased a Kindle and am fast becoming a real fan. I am in a rural area and do not have great internet service; but haven't had any problems downloading. I have downloaded lots of free books, including a Bible. I did purchase one book that I plan to use as my daily devotional for 2013. I plan to hook up to my local library system too. I have put some of my crochet patterns on it - if they are in a word document I think it transfers a little easier to read - pdf files come up with the whole page on the screen and you have to zoom in order to read it. I have found the website kindlebuffet.com to be really helpful in finding free books.