Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  210
Page 11 of 13 First ... 910111213 Last

Post Thanks / Like
    I really am glad I joined this site. I didn't realize there were so many people taking care of "special needs" animals. When we saw our little miniature Maine Coon kitten, we couldn't resist her. She never grew to full size. Only 7#. Our other Maine Coons are at least 20#. She was this fluffy gray & white ball of fur with just a touch of pink on her forehead. My husband who says we can't have any more cats in the house said she'll never make it outside, brought her in. He saw her playing with a peanut that he had put out for the birds & squirrels, and named her Peanut. It fit her. We had her for 2 years. My husband cried as hard as I did when she had her last seizure. Even our vet cried. I mentioned before our grandson gave us a cat suncatcher that looks like her. But anyway, she was adopted by 2 of our other cats who would not let the other cats bully her. You should have seen her chase those big heifers. They always let her eat the wet cat food first. She was a hoot to watch because she was clumsy, but she was always by our sides. They help you as much as you help them. God love 'em. Judy
    Last edited by justplainjudy; 11-27-2012 at 10:19 PM.

2. Likes janie mae liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    WOW! It's so interesting to know the meanings behind our screen names. It is a way for us to know one another better. Enjoy your day!

-Butterflyrose

4. Likes janie mae liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm watching a show called "Flipping Out" and he had to put his old cat to sleep so I'm sitting here crying and then I read your post and I'm crying again!! So sorry for your loss!!!

6. Likes janie mae liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you cry, twinfaye. If you have the Animal Planet, they have two shows or had 2 shows on: "Too cute" that showed about little kittens or puppies. They are adorable.My grandson & watch these two shows and laugh our butts off. Well, not mine. It's too big. I'm short: 4' 10". I Never grew up, just out. Anyway, The other show is "My Cat From Hell." Oh, My Gawd! How did people ever let those cats get out of control? Judy

8. Likes janie mae liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by janie mae View Post
    Joyannerose,
    It sounds like you need to appoint a daughter, sister, friend, etc as Executor over your Yarn, LOL! It appears you have quite an investment you'd never want your dear hubby to really know about. I wouldn't want my good yarn in the trash. Maybe donated, but with a taxx receipt for something around its worth.
    Janie Mae, I like your idea of an executor for my yarn. I may need a few more for my Precious Moments and jewelry. I have 4 sons, 1 hubby. They have no clue what things are worth. They think it's all junk. It's funny, I tell my husband what a deal I got on this or that yarn. I have a room full of it, and he complains that there's a bin in the basement! (Not anymore, it's in my pink room). But I just let it go since he's not complaining about the REAL yarn stash. I've actually committed to using my yarn before allowing myself to buy any more. Since I'm not working, and trying to start a business, it's a good idea! (But it's really hard).

10. Likes janie mae liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsynr View Post
    I simply wrote the word "Designer" phonetically because that screen name was already taken and I didn't want to add numbers.
    I am a Patternmaker who became unemployed and had to change professions and take a pay cut in the bargain because the Congress allowed the fashion houses to take the work to foreign countries without an import penalty, putting thousands of skilled workers out of a job!
    I'm sorry they outsourced your job. U don't even want to get me started with the crap the gov't. does that puts us out of work. Anyway, nice to meet you. I've been doing some of my own designs, but am nervous about doing adult clothes without a pattern I can start with. I heard it's a good idea to have a sewing pattern to help you when designing your own. I didn't really see what I wanted in the stores, and they were kind of expensive since I'm not even going to make all the clothes. I was wondering if you had any simple, basic patterns that might be helpful. Of course I'd pay you, and the postage. For instance, I want to do some crocehted cami's. You can do a private email if you'd prefer. I appreciate any insight you could offer me. Thanks. Joy

12. Likes janie mae liked this post

Jacksonville, Florida, but hate it. BAMA native
    Post Thanks / Like
    Aunty D,
    It is so good that you share your love with these other kids. I do this right now because I live so far away from my grandkids. I don't know what your situation is, if you work, care for a sick husband, parent, etc, but have you ever considered volunteering at your local hospital? I have heard that some hospitals just need someone to come into the nurseries & rock babies. Others have a Ronald McDonald House Room. In the children's hospitals. A place for parents & older siblings to go to get away from the sick room but be close if they are needed. To have a cup of coffee, read a newspaper, talk to a sympathetic volunteer. You sound like you have this much love to share. Just something for you to think about. Have a great weekend.
    Jane

Post Thanks / Like
    janie mae they are good suggestions but due to numerous medical conditions and permanent disabilities from being a passenger in a jeep during a head-on car collision, I am unable to do a lot of things I could before.So I find ways to share my boundless supply of love where I can...I have a blessed life,finding little blessings everyday.My God is an Awesome God.

15. Likes dragondrummer, janie mae liked this post

Jacksonville, Florida, but hate it. BAMA native
    Post Thanks / Like
    Aunty D,
    I understand fully about disabilities & medical conditions that restrict us from doing what we'd like to do. Instead of me whining, I'll just tell you that I'm disabled & if you're curious, go read some of my posts. I do know how you feel & that you have to let God have control in your life, especially when you are in pain. I learned at a young age that He will not give me more than I can handle & prayer can make miracles happen. It does, every day. I have seen it. We do what we can do for others, pray for the ones we can't help, give it to God. It is one of the hardest lessons for some people to learn, but such a peace when it is learned, isn't it? Have a great day.
    Hugs, Jane

17. Likes AuntyD, dragondrummer, Butterflyrose liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    janie mae,
    I made a decision with the Lord's help that I will be remembered for being loving, always smiling ,in a good mood and laughing together.No talk of health issues or disabilities.Now I'm enjoying my life...living and happier than I have ever been.

19. Likes dragondrummer, janie mae liked this post