Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  210
Page 9 of 13 First ... 7891011 ... Last

Jacksonville, Florida, but hate it. BAMA native
    Post Thanks / Like
    Reerob,
    Are you new to the forum? I don't think I've ever seen you post before. If you're new, welcome to this warm bunch. If you have been around awhile & just haven't spoken up, I'm glad you did. Looking forward to hearing more from you & seeng some of your projects maybe.
    Jane

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes first time posting.

3. Likes janie mae liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep, I guess I forgot to put that in there , huh? I live in that cold state of Ohio. Go Ohio State! We have garage sales at our younger daughter's home. I sell my old yarn and any old patterns I don't want anymore. I guess I should ask all of you first from now on? I have all kinds. Of course she always sells more than all of us combined. She's single, holds down 3 jobs, & owns her own home. God love her. We live in North Ridgeville, west of Cleveland. I was born here, went to school here, and came back a year after Dan & I got married. I'm stuck here. I sure would like to move somewhere warmer. We vacationed in Holden Beach, North Carolina and fell in love with it and the state. We have talked about moving there, but then we don't want to leave our older grandson. His father is not in the picture, and his being 12; my husband is very protective and gets what we jokingly call "Nicholas withdrawal" if he doesn't see him for more than one day. I guess you can tell I like to gab too.

5. Likes Val, AuntyD, janie mae liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi reerob! welcome to the forums!

7. Likes janie mae liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

I simply wrote the word "Designer" phonetically because that screen name was already taken and I didn't want to add numbers.
    I am a Patternmaker who became unemployed and had to change professions and take a pay cut in the bargain because the Congress allowed the fashion houses to take the work to foreign countries without an import penalty, putting thousands of skilled workers out of a job!

9. Likes Val, Joyannerose, janie mae liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Bless your heart. I was a Navy brat, too!
    Quote Originally Posted by Maryjane View Post
    Mine is a version of my first name! My legal name is Mary Jane-but I like the 1 word version!

11. Likes janie mae liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Si I am as old as dirt at 72, a few days after the fourth of July...
    Quote Originally Posted by ladybug View Post
    Everything I tried was taken and I just happened to think of LADYBUG so tried it & it was selected. My real name is shirley ann lenora, 2 middle names. Of course I was named for S. Temple.I,m older than dirt.76 -2 days after Xmas.

13. Likes AuntyD, janie mae liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm 4' 10"; and that kept me from a lifelong dream when I was 18 of joining the Navy. I was a Navy "brat" and always wanted to be in the Navy; but they wouldn't let me in because of my height, or lack of it. Now, the height requirement is gone; but back in the fifties....
    I guess I'm short because both my parents were short; but my late sister was shorter than i, the only normal adult I knew who was. I was 12 when she was born and always called her "my" baby. She was a very sweet person and I miss her so even now....
    Quote Originally Posted by TallGirl View Post
    I am 6 feet tall hence my name lol I wish I was shortstuff lol

15. Likes janie mae liked this post

Jacksonville, Florida, but hate it. BAMA native
    Post Thanks / Like
    For Nicholasdaniel,
    Please sign your name at the end of your post. I feel funny calling you this. Skip the yardsales. Isn't there a place here on the forums to add buy/sell/trade threads? Sell to us for yars sale prices, plus shipping, of course.
    Jane

17. Likes AuntyD liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    CocoBugs...Coco is my cat (well, one of them) and whenever I sit down to crochet or do beadwork, Coco bugs me! She is responsible for my trade name, too!

19. Likes Theresa L, Val, AuntyD, janie mae liked this post