Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  103
Page 7 of 7 First ... 567

Post Thanks / Like
    I, too, am medically retired due to migraines ( I get them weekly). Have been since June of 2011. Worked for the state for a few months short of 24 years so I was medically separated from them. On top of that, the following January my hubby lost his job that he had for the previous 16 years. He still needs to be getting back to work.
    What I do is crosswords, crochet, watch ID, Lifetime, MeTV, very limited housework and cooking - hubby does the cooking! He does housework - sometimes! We have a miniature Dachshund and two cats. On one hand, I feel bad that i am no working, yet on the other hand, I haven't been able to help these migraines that started in 1990. I think they stemmed from an accident I was in back in 1978. At that time I had a GP who also doubled as a chiropractor so every time i went in to see him, he would crack me. After I moved out of town in 1987, I didn't have him any more so is why my suspicions. I also have a married son and two grandsons! I haven't been on here forever but I have been reading posts, etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was also forced to medically retire in 2010, and like Landon I started making things and selling them. I crochet and sew photography props (outfits) for newborns and older children. And have gotten into making pageant dresses. (nothing fancy) I also make things for our church and crochet chemo hats for friends and family. I have stayed busy since I retired as you can tell. My husband helps me clean the house and it's not perfect but I am blessed that he does. As my grandmother use to say "it's clean enough to be healthy and dirty enough to be loved and lived in." I volunteer at our church Family History Center, I am a Mormon and our church offers people to come in and use the computers in the history center to find their genealogy for their families and you would be able to print them out. This is all done free of charge except for the cost to print and there is no pressure put on people to convert. We feel that family history is to be enjoyed and shared, when I am not helping people I am free to work on my own history and have traced some of my family back to the 1700's. My husband has been able to go back the the 900's and is a direct descendant of King "Longshanks" of England. Of course it has gone to his head and he now want to be referred to as your Majesty. LOL So all in all I have been enjoying my forced retirement.

Post Thanks / Like
    He is too funny! That is really great, though, that he could trace his heritage back that far! While I was still working, I did try an online selling business on eBay but I ended up not making anything. It was fun, though! Right now, I am just sitting back at home figuring out what I may do next. I'm waiting for hubby to get back to work and in case we need to move closer to wherever that may be, I need to be ready for that, too. Migraines are not the only issues I have, but they are the only issue down for my disability that I got medically separated over. I am proud of you that you can do all of those things and sell them too! There are a couple of women who want to start up a women's group at my church (I'm figuring crochet because they want to include me) so we'll see what happens there. I have ideas for prayer shawls for the prayer group that we have. I wouldn't expect to sell, though. We also have a dorcas where we can make afghans and if anyone knows how to make quilts, that would be a good idea, too, for either low income or homeless folks. I can do only so much, though, because of my issues.

Post Thanks / Like
    redhead/Patty-what is the happy hookers get-to-gether?

Post Thanks / Like
    Since starting this thread almost a year ago, I recently have taken up scrapbooking. I am presently making a scrapbook of my favorite things! I've also made 2 paper bag mini scrapbooks. I love embellishing the pages as I do when making cards!(((Hugs)))~Beverly

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

Post Thanks / Like
    Ido crafts and my husband does carvings of fish or other animals and I help him, we go out to eat, we like to fish and we just like to sit and spend time together