Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9
Page 4 of 5 First ... 2345 Last

Post Thanks / Like
    TheresaL, Your prayers are much appreciated! Thank you. And yes, attitude is half the battle. I fight every day to keep mine positive - it's so easy to slip into that poor pitiful me mindset. My hobbies help a lot to keep my mind off of my health problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Theresa L View Post
    DragonDrummer - That does indeed sound serious. I will pray that you can get things back on track and swiftly. You have a good outlook though and they say that is half the battle. Thanks for the words of encouragement too.

2. Likes Val liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been dealing with medical issues for almost the last 10 years. Even though I know deep down inside that I am unable to work I keep pushing myself to try. I can only hold it for a couple of months before my health issues get me down. The doctors however say that there is not enough wrong with me to consider me disabled. I keep my crafts/hobbies going so that I don't sit and think about the pain that I am in. Dragondrummer, I am about 30 years younger than you but I understand where you are coming from. I try to keep myself healthy due to having 3 beautiful children to take care of and I get no help of any kind from their father. My prayers are with you and hopefully you can get things straightened around. Keep your head up and happy crafting.

Post Thanks / Like
    I love to sleep on any spare time if I get some? no room/space for any hobby after the crochet/knitting because I am flooded with one too many WIP?
    Ivy
    Happiness is not already made, it has to come from your own action.....

Post Thanks / Like
    My prayers are with you also, Jokersjuggalette! Thank you so much for yours. Illness is illness, no matter what your age and I can't imagine what a struggle it must be for you to care for 3 children without help. You keep your head up as well and keep crafting. Give your kids and yourself a big hug from me.

Quote Originally Posted by jokersjuggalette View Post
    I have been dealing with medical issues for almost the last 10 years. Even though I know deep down inside that I am unable to work I keep pushing myself to try. I can only hold it for a couple of months before my health issues get me down. The doctors however say that there is not enough wrong with me to consider me disabled. I keep my crafts/hobbies going so that I don't sit and think about the pain that I am in. Dragondrummer, I am about 30 years younger than you but I understand where you are coming from. I try to keep myself healthy due to having 3 beautiful children to take care of and I get no help of any kind from their father. My prayers are with you and hopefully you can get things straightened around. Keep your head up and happy crafting.

Post Thanks / Like
    I of course love to crochet, my second love is reading. If not doing one, I'm doing the other. I like to walk the trail. Theres one a mile down the road from me that the state parks made out of a old railroad. I like going for a boat ride with my husband and going to our cabin on the Maumee River and sitting on the deck and watching all the birds, and all the people in the canoes float by. I love to do smaller crafts with the grandchildren, like make christmas ordament out of old lightbaulbs and paint old canning jars and such to make candle holders. And I love talking to and seeing what all my new friends are crocheting

7. Likes dragondrummer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kl1000, I like reading too! I'm in the midst of reading Happy Birthday by Daniel Steele. She's one of my favorite writers! What genre of books do you enjoy and what are you reading presently/last book read?

Post Thanks / Like
    My hobbies include crocheting, reading on kindle, playing with our cat, shopping for my grownup
    girls, visiting my girls, lunches out with friends and staying in touch with facebook friends

Post Thanks / Like
    Bible, autobiographies, recipie books, and assorted types...do not like mysteries or horror
    stories at all.

Post Thanks / Like
    @ Butterfly Rose...Bible, Christian literature, autobiographies, cooking/recipie books, chicken
    soup series, and assorted books such as Melissa Gilbert's "prairie" book...do not like horror
    stories or mysteries.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm always doing something with yarn. Hairpin Lace, Crocheting, Untangling Yarn. I have done some knitting. I do like to read but don't read other than the Bible, devotionals or religious books. Spend time on the computer, sometimes play piano and watch t.v. Bible Study is going to start soon.

I used to do a lot of plastic canvas and I've worked on the round and rectangular looms. done hook it rug, scrapbooking , etc. I have written some music and poems and stories.