Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last

Thread: Macrame

Post Thanks / Like
    My mother used to macramé in the 70s quite a bit. I was still a child so I didn't learn this craft from her and she no longer has all the patterns she once had as they were lost in a house fire. This would be a fun craft to learn I think but I wonder how well I could do tying the knots as I am developing arthritis in my hands. Does anyone have experience with this? I'd hate to buy the materials and try it only to learn I can't tie as tightly as needed.

Post Thanks / Like
    This is something new for me. I don't know macrame and I would really like to learn. Thanks for the links you sent misty. I looked it up and found them VERY interesting and I might just try them out soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Misty and others,

Would you care to add some of the macrame patterns on site? I think it would be a great idea, even for the guests who "lurk."

Post Thanks / Like
    Agreed!!

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mum was a macrame fiend in the 1970s and every window had a macrame plant hanger with spider plants in it. I think it's just one of those crafts which was very in fashion in that time period and has gone out of fashion since. I'm sure you used to be able to get bags and other things made this way as well? YouTube is probably the best place to look for patterns and instructions.

6. Likes CarolMarie, yarnmama liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is a pattern for a hemp bracelet with beads. I recommend using something less itchy as jute and hemp can be a bit itchy. Rings & Things Classic Projects - How to Macramé a Hemp Bracelet

Post Thanks / Like
    Here are patterns for friendship bracelets- made using embroidery floss
    How to Make a Friendship Bracelet - wikiHow, KnotCool.com - Guide to making Friendship Bracelets

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks yarnmama for the patterns. They're so cool! I'd like to make the Friendship Bracelets for my nieces but I feel they're somehow too complicated for me. I think I'll just start off with the hemp bracelet instead but I will try to use my yarns to do them.

10. Likes yarnmama liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Bracelets made with embroidery floss! Aren't people creative? These would be perfect for a group of little girls I know. Thanks for sharing these patterns. I've just added this to my craft list for Christmas.

12. Likes yarnmama liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Macrame sounds interesting. I like to find out how to do that. My Aunt use to do it. She gave me a pc of her work long time ago. I never knew how to do that.