Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last

Post Thanks / Like
    Wonderful news. So happy for her and you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixieglitter View Post
    Patty, I remember when you had breast cancer and that you're now CANCER FREE!!!!! It's not me who has breast cancer, it's my close friend, Karen.

Karen has a very strong faith and she's got such a great, positive attitude about the cancer. She isn't afraid of the upcoming surgery and she's very very grateful for all the prayers being said for her. I'll keep ya'll posted on how she's doing. Her lumpectomy surgery is scheduled for Dec. 30th.

Hugs,
    Shelley
    Hi Shelley, I know you arent the one with cancer...I think you mis-read my post. I said the post was for Karen and I was letting you know so maybe you could let her read my message to her. I thought she may not belong to CT or I could have sent her a PM. But that is OK. You can tell her I will be praying for her. i know how much I was encouraged when I received a personal letter from one of our CT members telling me what she was going thru. Her cancer was much more advanced than mine. The last time I heard anything from her , she was doing very well.

Do you live close to Karen to visit her? I just want her to be encouraged and know there is hope for her because there is! Love you and God Bless you. Love, Patty

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi again Shelley! it is Dec 27th and Karen's surgery is only 3 days away! .I will be praying that they get it all on the first try and without further surgeries. My doctor has me on a 5-yr pill to help keep the cancer from coming back. I dont mind that at all. It is included in my AM pills and it is no problem at all.
    Am I getting ahead of myself? I thought I read a post somewhere where Karen' surgery came out fine! Now I am no fortune teller so I dont know where that came from!!!!Anyway I am praying for Karen and for you. She is blessed to have a friend in you. And I am blessed to have so many friends on CT...love you all! Patty

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by redhead View Post
    Hi again Shelley! it is Dec 27th and Karen's surgery is only 3 days away! .I will be praying that they get it all on the first try and without further surgeries. My doctor has me on a 5-yr pill to help keep the cancer from coming back. I dont mind that at all. It is included in my AM pills and it is no problem at all.
    Am I getting ahead of myself? I thought I read a post somewhere where Karen' surgery came out fine! Now I am no fortune teller so I dont know where that came from!!!!Anyway I am praying for Karen and for you. She is blessed to have a friend in you. And I am blessed to have so many friends on CT...love you all! Patty
    Sweet Patty, I will tell Karen that you are personally praying for her. I see her every day, we work together. Her birthday was on Christmas Eve, she just turned 50. She's 2 years younger than me. I was out of town the past week, I spent Christmas with my family in South Carolina (Karen and I both live in Alabama). I texted Karen several times, just to see how she was holding up and to let her know that I was thinking of her. She's hanging in there and doing very well, emotionally.

Thank you so much for praying for Karen. You've been there and you know exactly what she's feeling and going through. I know you'll keep praying for her. Her lumpectomy surgery will be on Wednesday, December 30th.

Hugs and Love,
    Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixieglitter View Post
    Pat,

Thank you for praying for my friend Karen. I'm so sorry to hear that your friend will have to have a double mastectomy. I will pray for her.

Mammograms are so important! I haven't had one in about 4 years now. Shame on me! There's no excuse, I always seem to think I'm just "too busy" to get one. I made an appointment for January 5th for me to get one. We all need to make it a priority. It's just too important!

Hugs,
    Shelley

Shelley, when I found that I had cancer, I had not had a mammogram for 10 years. That is a real "shame on me!" Isn't it? I think because it always hurts! But when I complaind that I was afraid it was going to hurt, the girl doing it didn't tighten it so much and it didn't hurt so much. i was afraid she wasn't going to get good pictures and she said they were very good and that she didn't know why the others tightened it so much and it didn't need to be so tight that it hurt. One time it was so tight that when it as released I literally almost fell backwards ! Now that is really too tight. It really hurt!.I will pray for all of you that have cancer...even tho I don't know all your names, ,but God knows you and He will hear my prayers! Love you all, Patty
    Last edited by redhead; 12-28-2015 at 11:09 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by redhead View Post
    Shelley, when I found that I had cancer, I had not had a mammogram for 10 years. That is a real "shame on me!" Isn't it? I think because it always hurts! But when I complaind that I was afraid it was going to hurt, the girl doing it didn't tighten it so much and it didn't hurt so much. i was afraid she wasn't going to get good pictures and she said they were very good and that she didn't know why the others tightened it so much and it didn't need to be so tight that it hurt. One time it was so tight that when it as released I literally almost fell backwards ! Now that is really too tight. It really hurt!.I will pray for all of you that have cancer...even tho I don't know all your names, ,but God knows you and He will hear my prayers! Love you all, Patty
    Thanks for that advice, Patty. When I get my mammogram on January 5th, I'm going to tell her to not tighten it so much. I always get so bruised up from those mammogram machines.

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    hey Shelley, I forgot to tell you I always take a couple of Tylenol about an hour before I do the Mammogram and maybe that will help too. I think maybe it did for me. One of my friends said she always does that. Patty

Post Thanks / Like
    Shelley.....I agree with Patty's advise, and it's a good idea to ask them not to tighten too much if possible...they're not fun anyways, but painful is another thing. I remember asking my Mom before my first mammogram what it was like....she said...not bad, but I wouldn't one every day before breakfast. I agree with that for sure. Do you know how your friend made out or do you know? I hope all goes well for her. My friend's surgery is Jan. 14th...the day before she is having dye injected into the lymph node, so they can take a sample for biopsy. With the history of breast cancer in her family, they don't want to take any changes....oh and my friend Lorraine asked me to thank people here for prayers and support....I had mentioned that to her and she's really appreciative.

Pat

Post Thanks / Like
    I've been checking in with Karen, and all went well with her surgery. She's doing very well. Thank you all for your prayers. She's a special friend and it really means a lot to us both.

Hugs,
    Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for letting me know and I'm glad all went well...she's still in my prayers for a healthy recovery and prayers for you her friend as well...

Pat