Thanks Thanks:  87
Likes Likes:  14
Page 6 of 13 First ... 45678 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    Carpets are done! Looks & smells so much better. Don is still in hospital but the diarrhea is very slowly getting better. He is still weak. The kidney problems he already had got worse because of his BP going so low. I talked to his kidney Dr. today. She said the levels have come up now that his BP is more stable. Whew--made it over that hurdle.
    Still working on the mile-a-minute afghan. Red & Black. The pattern says to use the same color as last row to hook together. But, I'm thinking it might look good if I use the other color. The last row is red so I would use black. If I use a whipstitch it would show up nice, I think. Any suggestion on that??
    Judge each day not by the harvest you reap but by the seeds you plant.

Post Thanks / Like
    Prayers are on the way for you and your husband! hope he responds well to all the care he is getting!

3. Thanks Dustygirl thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Katie,
    I've never done the mile-a-minute afghan. You can use a whip stitch if you don't mind how it looks. So far I've been using the invisible stitch (trying to, not sure if I'm doing it right but you can't see the yarn I sew the squares together with). Someone puts their squares together with the single crochet stitch and someone else did an afghan w/squares and put them together w/ a lacy look. There were x's between the squares. But a whipstitch does look nice too.

If you use red to hook together then it wouldn't show as much but if you like the look of the contrasting color then go for it. I think I would want to do one more row so the last row is black but it's up to you.

Jean Marie

5. Thanks Dustygirl thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think the antibiotics are finally working. The diarrhea is slowly getting better. Yeah!! Still not out of the woods yet.
    And, on the home front, I had to get a Plummer in this morning cause the drain backed up last night. Stuff from the kitchen went into the bathroom sink & tub. Really!! LOL I am so thankful for the few friends we have. Lifesavers!!!
    As soon as they get done with this mess I can get to the hospital. I talked to Don on phone and he sounds a little better, stronger voice. The Lord has been good. I continue to pray he will get through all of this and be able to enjoy life. He is 78 but not ready for the "bone yard" yet!! I won't let him. LOL. I have to have a little humor or I will go nutty myself.
    Thanks so much to all of you for listening to me. HUGS!!
    Last edited by Dustygirl; 07-26-2015 at 09:09 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dustygirl View Post
    I think the antibiotics are finally working. The diarrhea is slowly getting better. Yeah!! Still not out of the woods yet.
    And, on the home front, I had to get a Plummer in this morning cause the drain backed up last night. Stuff from the kitchen went into the bathroom sink & tub. Really!! LOL I am so thankful for the few friends we have. Lifesavers!!!
    As soon as they get done with this mess I can get to the hospital. I talked to Don on phone and he sounds a little better, stronger voice. The Lord has been good. I continue to pray he will get through all of this and be able to enjoy life. He is 78 but not ready for the "bone yard" yet!! I won't let him. LOL. I have to have a little humor or I will go nutty myself.
    Thanks so much to all of you for listening to me. HUGS!!
    Bless your heart Dustygirl. When it rains, it pours. It seems like when we have so much going on, things break at home, on top of everything else. I'm glad you have good friends to rely on.

And I'm very happy to hear that your hubby is starting to get better. You both have really been dragged through the wringer lately. I know it's been very hard on you both. I hope that he'll be back home soon. Hospitals are no fun, for sure.

Know that I'm sending out prayers of healing for your hubby, and prayers of peace and endurance for you. You've both been through so much lately.

Take care and hugs to you,

Shelley

8. Thanks Dustygirl thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Dustygirl, keep the faith and keep on fighting! I'll keep saying a prayer for you both. God bless you both!!

10. Thanks Dustygirl thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Dusty girl You are so right you need a sense of humor. You sound like a wonderful person and your definitely hanging in there. Glad your husband is making progress. God Bless

12. Thanks Dustygirl thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Today did not seem like a good day. He says his belly still hurts. He is still weak & needs help moving round in the bed or sitting up. He was not making much sense to me at times. Sometimes just repeating the same thing. When I asked him what he is talking about or means he just says it's nothing or I don't know. This has me really worried. The Social Services lady called me today. She was talking about getting him into rehab. He really needs that because he does not do the things he needs to so he can get stronger. After the heart bypass he didn't keep doing the things the PT showed him to do. He asks about going home. But there is no way I can take care of him in this state. Nothing was said to him about the rehab & I know what his response will be. Lord, help me on this! I am so worried & scared about him. Plus, we still have the lung cancer to deal with after he gets over this. He has to be strong enough to finish what the Dr. started. The dogs miss him BUT not sure about the cats! LOL He asks me all the time how they all are.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dustygirl,
    Can you start having someone from medicare come in to help you? Do you have children close by or your church ladies that can come and help? Just wondering. In our church we have an organization called "Relief Society" and it's organized by the women of our church to help in time of need. Do you have anything like that who can come to help?

15. Likes Dustygirl liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    You are still in my prayers

17. Thanks Dustygirl thanked for this post