Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jo Thank You for sharing This Sad news of Laura passing. Hope Winnie is not alone, Im sure she is'nt. God Speed Laura Rest in Peace and pain free. Love a Friend of Winnie Susan2014

The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan2014 View Post
    Jo Thank You for sharing This Sad news of Laura passing. Hope Winnie is not alone, Im sure she is'nt. God Speed Laura Rest in Peace and pain free. Love a Friend of Winnie Susan2014
    Susan,
    I forgot to mention that Winnie's daughter from Virginia is here with her. She arrived last Thursday, before Laura went into the hospital Friday. I was very concerned that Winnie might be alone, so I asked her about it last night when I called her. She said the Lord sent her daughter here to be with her, knowing she would need the support of family.
    ~~ Hugs, Jo
    A Travelling Baehr Gathers No Moss!!

Post Thanks / Like
    So sorry winnie. I will be praying

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Winnie,
    Remember what JESUS said. I am with you always. Matthew 28:20

Post Thanks / Like
    I am so thankful that Winnie's daughter, came to be with her! No one should be alone at a time like this. I will keep praying for you Winnie! Know that Jesus is with you and that's AMAZINGLY AWESOME!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I just had a thought, can we combine our talents and make a granny square afghan for Winnie? I'm not the one to put it together but I would be willing to make a few squares to donate? Is this too ambitious to propose? If it is I'm willing to listen to those who know winnie better than me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DonnaPBradshaw View Post
    I just had a thought, can we combine our talents and make a granny square afghan for Winnie? I'm not the one to put it together but I would be willing to make a few squares to donate? Is this too ambitious to propose? If it is I'm willing to listen to those who know winnie better than me.
    Donna,
    What a loving gesture! Winnie and I have become good friends since she moved to northern Kentucky, about 30 minutes away from me. We have only been able to see each other two times, due to her being so busy taking care of Laura, but we text and phone a lot. She has been an angel to her twin and my heart aches for her for losing Laura.

I am all for the making of a "Memorial" afghan for her, but just don't have the time to put it together. I will make squares and send them to whoever wants to stitch it all together. Is there anyone out there who wants to take on this loving task? Please let us all know here in this post. If we only get a few squares, maybe a pillow could be made. 18 squares would make a nice pillow she could put on her couch as a constant reminder we all love her. If we do a pillow, I'll volunteer to put it together, but don't want to tackle anything as big as an afghan at this time.
    Thank you Donna for your wonderful suggestion.
    ~~ Big Hugs, Jo

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dancingbaehr View Post
    Donna,
    What a loving gesture! Winnie and I have become good friends since she moved to northern Kentucky, about 30 minutes away from me. We have only been able to see each other two times, due to her being so busy taking care of Laura, but we text and phone a lot. She has been an angel to her twin and my heart aches for her for losing Laura.

I am all for the making of a "Memorial" afghan for her, but just don't have the time to put it together. I will make squares and send them to whoever wants to stitch it all together. Is there anyone out there who wants to take on this loving task? Please let us all know here in this post. If we only get a few squares, maybe a pillow could be made. 18 squares would make a nice pillow she could put on her couch as a constant reminder we all love her. If we do a pillow, I'll volunteer to put it together, but don't want to tackle anything as big as an afghan at this time.
    Thank you Donna for your wonderful suggestion.
    ~~ Big Hugs, Jo
    A pillow would be wonderful I think! an afghan is pretty big after thinking about it for a minute. I'm usually one that doesn't think through things before I blurt out my idea.

Post Thanks / Like
    That made me laugh! You sound like me!!
    Now, we just have to wait to see if anyone else wants to join in by donating squares. How long should we wait?
    ~~ j

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dancingbaehr View Post
    Hello everyone,

It is with a very sad heart that I have to tell you all that Linda Hughes' (aka Winnie) twin sister, Laura has passed away this evening at 8:05 pm.

She had developed sepsis while in Villasprings. They took her to the ER on Friday. Her oxygen levels were low and her blood pressure was low too. Yesterday, the Dr. told Laura that she was in the end stage of her lung disease. They were having a hard time keeping her oxygen level up. Today, Winnie texted me that Laura might die today or tomorrow.

Then, I received a text from her at 9 pm that Laura passed away. She asked me to post this so all of you would know. She said she just isn't able to do it right now. On Winnie's behalf, I thank each of you who have been praying for Laura and her.

If you'd like to send Winnie a card, here is her address.

Linda Hughes
    7673 Catawba Lane, Apt. 3
    Florence, KY. 41042

Thank you,
    Love, Jo
    thank you Jo for posting this....
    Dance is the hidden language of the soul

http://otsegodance.com