Thanks Thanks:  25
Likes Likes:  276
Page 68 of 157 First ... 1858666768697078118 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jean Marie.
    Thanks for the step by step explanation. I'm going to try after the weekend. Right now I'm trying to prep whatever I can now for tomorrow's BBQ. My cousin bought me play tix as a birthday present. We are seeing Beautiful, the Carole King musical today and I planned the BBQ not realizing that Memorial Day is so early this year. I'm not complaining, I actually do better when there's a lot going on.

She's more like a sister than a cousin. We're gonna do the girls night out thing, and we're planning a sleep over. Of course my crocheting will join us. It should be fun.

Enjoy your weekend.

2. Likes Teri liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Teri. I'm pretty new. I joined a while back but was inactive. I found myself in a sort of "unplanned" retirement for medical reasons. I was really floundering, then I decided to pick up my crocheting again and that helped so much that it was a natural progression to revisit Crochet Talk. I like what I see here, and I feel comfortable enough to participate. That's a very big deal because I am so anxiety ridden.

I'm married with 2 grown children, a daughter and a son. I also have a wonderful grandson who is quite a character.

I've been enjoying your posts about your upcoming recital. Sounds as if you've got it all covered.

Enjoy your BBQ. I'm making a pasta primavera for mine as well.
    Donna

4. Likes Teri liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    yes....true, everyone it different. I remember saying to my doctor " are you sure there is no heartbeat?" Over and over again...as they were wheeling me into have the procedure done. ....a sad time in a woman's life. Keep talking with her, make her feel like it is ok.
    Teri, they always do an ultrasound in the OR now, right before they begin the procedure. Just to make sure...

6. Likes Teri liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi everyone

Let's see now! I read the posts and learned the following and I hope got things straight for the last week;
    Teri, dance recital, chickens, dog and court,
    Linda D. Mitzner, worrisome weather and gorgeous Lilies, lilacs that Charyle likes,
    Kites on this someplace,
    Scooter with shoulder injury, ? surgery done, now onto physio. Trying to upload photos, I had difficulty at first as well!
    Cooking at home, going out to restaurants, Poiniciane has a site that tracks restaurants for their quality,
    Pixiglitter ?DATING, WOW, sound like something I glad I don't have to go though.LOL.
    Donna unplanned retirement, great as long as you find something to do

SORRY IF I MISSED ANTONE!!

My post; The 16th of May (may long weekend) we had a beautiful day with temperature about 65, Sunday it rained all day turning to sleet and SNOW over night. It's been a cool week but temperatures shot back up to the & 70's and are still there. My husband had cataract surgery with lens implant so his vision has improved 99%. If there is a cancellation in the next few weeks they will call him for his other eye. He drove me nuts prior to the surgery, this is normal for him. I have been crocheting doilies and learning about filet crocheting. Went to a music event at church where a group called REWIND was playing. They played 50's, 60's and Doo Wop. Where does the time go. I agree with Scooter things are hard to put together if you miss too many days. Anyway, have a great weekend!!!
    LadyellaONE DAY AT A TIME

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,
    I know this thread is about coffee or tea but if you want some chocolate milk then pour yourself a glass of milk and put in some Hersheys chocolate syrup. Stir and Enjoy!

Post Thanks / Like
    Ladyella, Surgery isn't done yet! It doesn't take place until next Thursday. I wish it was done and over with but, I have to wait for over 5 days! Thanks for thinking of me though Scooters/Suzanne

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello ladies, I'm late posting this. My sister came and got me to help clean the church. Parishioners take turns and this is my sister's month. I help her and she helps me when it's my turn. Goes faster that way too. Actually I'm still drinking coffee now at 1:50 pm. Decaf but it's been raining here all morning and still going at it now, with thunder boomers. Temperature is 59°. It's my turn to be liturgist at church tomorrow. I don't have to prep much because I have done this on and off for our church quite a few years (12 or so). Can't remember exactly. I've slept several times since then! Ha! This was my one and only tulip that bloomed this year. I had several but a gopher had got into them and I thought they were done for. I was pleasantly surprised when I saw this. Take care everyone!
    Attachment 12479

Post Thanks / Like
    The tulip is awesome!
    LadyellaONE DAY AT A TIME

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you, Ladyella:-)

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey ladies, wow what a productive day I've had! It's Saturday so I didn't have to work. Actually, I have 4 days off in a row. I'll go back to work on Wednesday. Yay!

I cleaned out a spare bedroom and bagged up FOUR hefty size bags of clothes to donate! I also boxed up lots of other things, too. I'll do another room tomorrow. I've got way more than 4 big bags of clothes in that room that need to go. It's unbelievable the excess clothing I have. It's all beautiful stuff, but I just can't wear it all.

It's a beautiful day here in north Alabama, sunny and around 80 degrees, very low humidity, nice breeze.... My lawn guy came today and now my yard looks awesome. I think I'll make spaghetti for dinner tonight. Yummy!

My son is working and he'll be so surprised when he gets home and sees how much I got done. We have a plan on Monday and Tuesday to go through my big "storage" room and donate about 80% of what's in there. It's a huge 400 square foot bonus room that's packed full of large furniture and boxes of stuff that just don't fit in my little house. I can barely walk through it, it's so packed full of stuff. My sons call it my "hoarder room" lol. I downsized big time when I moved into my little house 4 years ago. My boys were living far away and I just didn't have any help for me to get things in order the way I want them. So I'm excited to finally get to get it all done!! I've been waiting 4 years to get all this done. Finally.

It's sooooo nice having my son Kevin back home with me. He's 21 and works at Cracker Barrel. He's been back living with me for a week now. He has big plans to live in my big bonus room once we get it cleaned out. It has it's own separate entrance to the outside and is right off the kitchen. It's totally perfect for him!

I hope y'all have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend!

Shelley