Thanks Thanks:  25
Likes Likes:  276
Page 61 of 157 First ... 1151596061626371111 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Shelley,
    I see you changed your avatar picture.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello. It s Sunday and I am leaving soon. I am so busy this week-end. Have a good day = Larisa
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixieglitter View Post
    Oh Teri, I'm soooo sorry about your pet chicken. Chickens are so sweet and sociable. Until about 2 years ago, my dad raised peacocks and exotic chickens. They were all his pets and the chickens followed him around the yard all day, whenever he was working outside. His chickens were absolutely beautiful, they'd get up to about 10 pounds and had gorgeous feathers. And the peacocks were just stunning.

Sounds like that pitbull is being mistreated and he needs to be taken away. How can people be so neglectful of their animals? It's so sad.

Maybe you can get another pet chicken, or two...? I think you should. Baby chicks are so adorable!

Shelley
    Well.....no more birds until something is done about that dog...I have a court appearance tomorrow at 5pm since I signed a complaint, to straighten this matter up. According to animal control, the dog is not licensed and most likely no shots and running at large. Now I have to keep my last 3 ducks in the barn. That is not fair to them but that animal now knows he can get a meal at my house. The chicken was the last chicken from our NJ farm where we had 100 chickens of all types...that is why she was so special. Our NJ farm, as I had mentioned before, was a sanctuary for unwanted or abused farm animals. Now all we have left is 3 ducks. We didn't want to get any more farm animals until we find larger acreage. We unfortunately still own the farm in NJ, because when we moved to NY state, the property did not close yet and the contract fell through after we moved. So we are the proud owners of property in 2 states!!! Not a good thing though....since the house in NJ has been broken into about 6 times since we left and there are broken windows, copper pipes stolen....and I am making a long story build on my last pet chicken!!! So sorry for the ramble....

In any case, yes chicks are adorable and we had had many....but this is not the season. I am pushing for a new dog though....LOL ....we are currently dogless....and I am not used to that.
    Last edited by Teri; 05-17-2015 at 04:02 AM.
    Dance is the hidden language of the soul

http://otsegodance.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda D. Mitzner View Post
    Good morning! We have been getting rain here, a little at a time. A few thunder boomers, but ! have of severe later today and tonight.

Oh, Teri, I'm so sorry about your pet chicken. I've had packs of dogs kill my cats, and it makes me so mad. Bad enough with natural predators. I had 11 outdoor cats, now down to 3 adults. The six babies and their momma are safe in my chicken house.

Hope the show is a success despite the problems. An iris to cheer everyone!
    Oh Linda your flowers are always a beautiful thing the first thing in the morning! They are all so beautiful and make me smile when I see them each day !

The show is actually on May 30...but the preparation is endless....thank you for the well wishes...

Post Thanks / Like
    Good Morning My Friends

Supposed to be a beautiful day today! Sunny and in the 70's !! Headed out to 8:30 Mass and then at noon going to a friend's house for a back yard picnic! Just cold foods. I made some veggie ham and we have vegan american cheese. I bought a dozen whole grain rolls. I made some potato salad, not with mayo...but with olive oil and vinegar. I made some chic pea salad with vegan mayo. (tastes like chicken salad...well I think so anyway...LOL) Bringing some lime seltzer and fresh veggies! Should be fun I am looking forward to it!

We are celebrating my son's birthday tomorrow night, but I have to go to court first about that stupid dog that killed my chicken!
    I am not letting this go....my husband is like "I don't want bad blood between neighbors" But I have a dead chicken....their pittbull runs loose, I still have 3 ducks and I have my 4 year old granddaughter coming up here the end of June for a couple of weeks.....am I suppose to keep her in the house the whole time????

Well anyway we are making Asian food for my son's birthday....vegetarian sushi, steamed dumplings and a tofu broccoli stir fry! I will most likely leave the sushi making to my son and daughter so .....I can to to court.....

I hope you all have a great Sunday ....talk to you tomorrow!
    Attached Images Attached Images Morning Coffee....Or Tea-coffee-puppy-jpg 

Post Thanks / Like
    Good morning all! Today is bright and sunny, rain drops are clinging to the cedar boughs sparkling in the sun. A bit chill at 58 degrees. My sister, mom, a friend, and I went to an Ernie Haase and Signature Sound concert last night. It was spectacular! Awesome four part southern gospel harmony. I got to meet all of the guys but one and had them sign their new CD. Got some nice pictures with my camera. Couldn't use my phone to take pictures because of lighting or I would have shared a picture. Everyone have a blessed Sunday.
    Attachment 12449

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    Hi Shelley,
    I see you changed your avatar picture.
    Jean Marie, I decided it was time for a change so I changed my avatar. I just took the picture this week.

Shelley

8. Likes Teri liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good morning everyone, it's Sunday and overcast in north Alabama this morning. I'm working on my second large cup of strong black coffee. That's the max I drink, otherwise I get really wired up and jittery from the caffeine.

I've been crocheting 6 inch squares in all different colors. Each one is a solid color and they're so pretty. I'm not exactly sure how I'm going to crochet them together. They're all stacked high on my coffee table lol. I've got well over 100 squares and don't know if I'm going to make one large afghan with them, or a couple smaller ones. In the meantime, I'm having fun just making the squares.

My 21 year old son, Kevin, moved back in with me this past week. It's so nice having him around! He's a lot of fun with a great sense of humor and a quick wit. He started working his first day here, at a local Cracker Barrel. He's a cook there and is working toward becoming a shift manager. He's a very hard working young man and I'm so proud of him.

I hope y'all have a great Sunday!

Shelley

P.S. Teri, I hope all goes well this evening with your court appearance. Your neighbors need to be held responsible for what happened to your pet chicken. And they also need to be made to be responsible for their pitbull.

10. Likes Teri liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good morning all! Today is bright and sunny, rain drops are clinging to the cedar boughs sparkling in the sun. A bit chill at 58 degrees. My sister, mom, a friend, and I went to an Ernie Haase and Signature Sound concert last night. It was spectacular! Awesome four part southern gospel harmony. I got to meet all of the guys but one and had them sign their new CD. Got some nice pictures with my camera. Couldn't use my phone to take pictures because of lighting or I would have shared a picture. Everyone have a blessed Sunday.
    Attachment 12449
    my
    Linda, when I read your message and got to the part about Ernie Haase my mouth opened and my eyes got bigger. I bet it was great to hear them as you said it was spectacular and then to be able to have them sign the cd.

Jean Marie

12. Likes Teri liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Linda....sounds like you had a great time! I love to go to concerts! We have open air concerts, free all summer in the neighboring town...well it is actually the county seat...not my county but it is a big town. On Thursdays each week over the summer a professional band gives a free concert at the square and everyone brings camp chairs and watches the concert. Each week it is a different style of music. And when the county fair opens which is in the same town ....it is always country. I love when the swing bands come. I know that style of music is my Dad's generation, but I use it to teach tap dance to and I just love hearing it!