Thanks Thanks:  25
Likes Likes:  276
Page 52 of 139 First ... 242505152535462102 ... Last

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like
    another beauty,Linda. Thank you Lord for sharing your bounty and beautiful things with us. Angie and I did our annual flower shopping today. It is always so much fun. Now I just have to keep them alive till memorial day. Because in Wisconsin we still can get a frost. My son got our corn and soybean crops in-- so now we are praying that we will not get a hard frost. Hope you all had a wonderful Mother's DAY. Hugs and God's Blessings. Have to add a funny here. Our waitress asked if we were mother and daughter. I said no--mother-in-law but she likes me. You all hear the bad rep mother-in-laws get. I guess some of it is well deserved. I have 2 daughter-in-laws and one son -in -law and we all get a long and have fun together. As long as each is willing to give and take it is possible. I have tried to make them all feel safe with me and to show them I am not a threat to their new family --they are starting to really know me and I was willing to make a allowances until they knew me better and they proably did the same for me. I have my mother-in-law to thank for that---she showed me the type of mother-in-law --I didn't want to become.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Susie Ann View Post
    Have to add a funny here. Our waitress asked if we were mother and daughter. I said no--mother-in-law but she likes me. You all hear the bad rep mother-in-laws get. I guess some of it is well deserved. I have 2 daughter-in-laws and one son -in -law and we all get a long and have fun together. As long as each is willing to give and take it is possible. I have tried to make them all feel safe with me and to show them I am not a threat to their new family --they are starting to really know me and I was willing to make a allowances until they knew me better and they proably did the same for me. I have my mother-in-law to thank for that---she showed me the type of mother-in-law --I didn't want to become.
    Love the mother in law story....I am a mother in law to just my daughter's husband...I try to stay out of their way because he is a bit different. He is quiet, and somewhat proper. My family is loud, and likes to all talk at the same time...Italian families are like that. He is not Italian. He had to get used to some pretty wild traditions and it took awhile. They will be married 13 years on the 18th of this month. But I still stay a bit away from him...I am afraid I will say something he will not like and cause trouble.

My mother in law was horrible. She was always in our business and everyone elses...She would allow my kids to do things I didn't let them do at home and eat things she knew I didn't want them to have. She would let them watch TV shows I didn't want them to watch...I think it was just spite work....My husband would get so mad at her.....but my father in law was a wonderful man and I miss him....How they wound up together I will never know....LOL

I am happy Sue Ann that you are aware of what a mother in law should not be....You sound like a very pleasant person.
    Dance is the hidden language of the soul

http://otsegodance.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Love the mother in law story....I am a mother in law to just my daughter's husband...I try to stay out of their way because he is a bit different. He is quiet, and somewhat proper. My family is loud, and likes to all talk at the same time...Italian families are like that. He is not Italian. He had to get used to some pretty wild traditions and it took awhile. They will be married 13 years on the 18th of this month. But I still stay a bit away from him...I am afraid I will say something he will not like and cause trouble.

My mother in law was horrible. She was always in our business and everyone elses...She would allow my kids to do things I didn't let them do at home and eat things she knew I didn't want them to have. She would let them watch TV shows I didn't want them to watch...I think it was just spite work....My husband would get so mad at her.....but my father in law was a wonderful man and I miss him....How they wound up together I will never know....LOL

I am happy Sue Ann that you are aware of what a mother in law should not be....You sound like a very pleasant person.
    You sound like me, I am on pins and needles when I am around my daughter-n-law. I am afraid that I will say the wrong thing and cause a problem. I think we got off to a bad start. I asked her once if we could start over and she agreed and things went good for a while. But it is kinda back to the other way again. I just try to keep quiet when I am around her. My son is so good to me but you know how that goes... he has to live with her and I know he loves her so i just don't say much. I try not to cause any trouble between them ever I just try not to ask anything of them if I can get by. I love both of them and would love to see them more often.... I get to see them and grands every week end at church. So I guess that will be OK.
    My mother-n-law was kinda hard to get along with and I hope I am not getting to be a like her, I hope not! Anyway we are all different and have different personalities I guess. Have a good day, Patty

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi to all you coffee/tea drinkers, I do have my coffee right now. I've been doing a bit of everything, housework (that never goes away), LOl. Cleaning the garage bit by bit, as well as different things around the house. My daughter came over one day so I could help her set up her new computer, and she brought somethings for mothers day. A beautiful watch with my favorite saying "footprints in the sand" .She also gave me a 750 piece puzzle of cute Beagles. I haven't done a puzzle for years. When My husband went out I got a bouquet of flowers! We did not go swimming this morning because my husband will need a couple days of eye drops as he is getting a cataract removed and a lens implant. So no swimming for a couple days. I am crocheting a few things , so I'm just taking my time. Saturday evening we went to church to see "Rewind". A band hired for fund raising. Rock , Doo Wop, 50, and 60's music, it was great. People were even dancing in the aisles.
    Pixieglitter have a great time, and enjoy every minute of your time away!
    Teri, I think you must talk/type as fast as you dance. I enjoy your stories and what is happening with you. You sound like a world wind!Morning Coffee....Or Tea-100_0441-jpg
    Last edited by Ladyella; 05-11-2015 at 08:43 AM.
    LadyellaONE DAY AT A TIME

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladyella View Post
    Hi to all you coffee/tea drinkers, I do have my coffee right now. I've been doing a bit of everything, housework (that never goes away), LOl. Cleaning the garage bit by bit, as well as different things around the house. My daughter came over one day so I could help her set up her new computer, and she brought somethings for mothers day. A beautiful watch with my favorite saying "footprints in the sand" .She also gave me a 750 piece puzzle of cute Beagles. I haven't done a puzzle for years. When My husband went out I got a bouquet of flowers! We did not go swimming this morning because my husband will need a couple days of eye drops as he is getting a cataract removed and a lens implant. So no swimming for a couple days. I am crocheting a few things , so I'm just taking my time. Saturday evening we went to church to see "Rewind". A band hired for fund raising. Rock , Doo Wop, 50, and 60's music, it was great. People were even dancing in the aisles.
    Pixieglitter have a great time, and enjoy every minute of your time away!
    Teri, I think you must talk/type as fast as you dance. I enjoy your stories and what is happening with you. You sound like a world wind!
    You got nice gifts for Mother's Day! My daughter (the youngest one) gave me a silver watch with turquoise stones set in the band...I have wanted one of these for years. I love turquoise jewelry (you know the old Hippie stuff). My husband got me one of those folding camp chairs since he has one and my daughter has one but I didn't....we go to the park often and like to sit in those, plus we try to go camping in summer a few times. And they have open air concerts in the city near us, Norwich, on Thursday night in summer and we use them there. Ohhh they have Swing Band concerts there too I love Swing from the WWII era...My father's music I call it. I use it to teach tap class ....Any way to get back on track of what I was talking about....oh I forgot...LOL ....I know...You got really nice Mother's Day gifts...enjoy them

My kids say I have ADHD...I don't know, they didn't diagnose those things when I went to school....LOL...but I don't sit still and am usually multitasking and want things done asap...so to answer you...yeah ...I suppose I am a whirl wind LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello! Here is my album with some doilies. I put this link already. It s nothing new there. doilies | Your free online photo album with MyAlbum.com! I should find more pictures but I think they are gone when my computer crashed yesterday = Larisa
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Larisa, AWESOME! What a beautiful gallery of doilies. I'm going to have to go back a take a slower look. They are beautiful. How long do you take to do one? They all look absolutely wonderful. I know I will never be that good in this life time! tell mt about filleting? (Hope I Spelled that right or I'll be doing fish) LOL!
    LadyellaONE DAY AT A TIME

Post Thanks / Like
    WOW LARISA! YOU DO BEAUTIFUL WORK!

I made it all caps but when I posted the reply it wasn't all caps. It worked!
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 05-11-2015 at 03:06 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kl1000 View Post
    Hello! Here is my album with some doilies. I put this link already. It s nothing new there. doilies | Your free online photo album with MyAlbum.com! I should find more pictures but I think they are gone when my computer crashed yesterday = Larisa
    ALL of your doilies are amazing!!! I wouldn't know where to begin something like these!! just beautiful!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello everyone! Looks like it's going to be a pretty day. Sun is shining bright, 41 degrees. A little low for us here at this time. They even had frost warnings. Got a busy week ahead. I have to make 4 fruit pies for the local booster club that runs a concession and has 2 meals for this weekend's local rodeo. My aunt ask my sister and I to bake pies, 2 each. My sister is so busy with the last week of school I offered to make hers for her. Mom has physical therapy twice this week, and doctor appts. Well I must get going! Have a great day!Attachment 12421