Thanks Thanks:  25
Likes Likes:  276
Page 21 of 157 First ... 1119202122233171121 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kl1000 View Post
    Hello! It s morning! I just got my diet food not coffee... making hundreds of SCs around tablecloth!
    Diet food? and what is that?
    Dance is the hidden language of the soul

http://otsegodance.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Well Good Morning my friends

I guess I startled you all with my daughter's make up class...yep I was pretty startled myself. Things are not normal around here with a theater student in the family...She so loves her classes. This semester, besides theater make up, she is learning costuming. She is currently sewing costumes for the up coming musical at her school....The Putnum County Spelling Bee. I am not familiar with the musical myself and she didn't audition for it because her costume class was chosen to make the costumes.

She was in a play just this past February called Nagamandala...it was an East Indian folktale...very good production. I will look for a picture of her in costume in that and show you what she looks like with out exposed teeth on her cheek!

She also takes classes in directing...she was just approved to direct a big school production next Spring 2016. She also takes classes on stage lighting and other technical things that have to do with the stage itself. She is also a vocal student currently working on opera. We just recently seen her in a concert where she sung opera in Italian. She is almost done with her dance minor and has completed all the dance classes necessary for the degree but has to do yet dance history and some choreography classes. She is planning to move to Manhattan when she graduates for employment in the theater. I am not sure if it is in actual acting/singing/ dancing or directing. She loves directing.
    Attached Images Attached Images Morning Coffee....Or Tea-coffee-14-jpg 

Post Thanks / Like
    .......and this is what my little actress looks like with out horror make up on...
    here she is in an East Indian play called Nagamandala...the sari she is wearing was imported from India. It was beautiful with so much detail...

Like I mentioned before ....when you have a theater student in the family you never know what will happen next....

Have a great day
    Attached Images Attached Images Morning Coffee....Or Tea-mic-naga-fun-jpg 

4. Thanks Ladyella thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good morning, I'm up early today , but I might try to Bo back to bed for awhile as it's only 5:00 and. I'm not drinking coffee yet , I ' m drinking a cold glass of milk . Teri , you have a very talented daughter. It's good to work in a field that you like. My husband has been up some tonigh as well . If you remember we both fell a while ago . Well , John got a cellulitis and is on antibiotics. We went back to Dr last evening and they extended the meds for 10 more days . That's all for now , I'm trying to find a video that reads patterns with multiple *. **. But they all seem to start at the beginning to teach crocheting.
    LadyellaONE DAY AT A TIME

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh Teri! Theatre is so amazing. After I had surgery dr changed my inner parts. And outer parts. I have pain inside every time I eat chocolate and some other things. I am on diet and they have rules. No fat, no fried, no yolk. And other rules. I start my day with right food and only after that I drink coffee which is forbidden too. I wonder drs forbid some things like nuts and I ate some nuts and nothing bad happened.
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like

Another glorious day!

Good morning!

Teri, your daughter is a lovely girl and that sari is exquisite!

I joined Craftsy for some reason recently. It was to eyeball a pattern and joining is necessary before you can gaze upon their hallowed website, LOL! At any rate, I took a tour through the website and came away amazed at everything they have to offer a crafter. I always had thought it was just for taking classes in different crafts but they have other things going on there. Shopping, for one. I ended up buying a kit to make a cardi. They send the yarn required, via mail, of course, and I'm assuming they include the written instruction. However if not, you get to download the pattern, which I did right away. I will go ahead and make the cardi with the yarn they send but I have bigger and better plans for the pattern, so that will be a project for the long summer months before it ever cools off enough to wear a cardi around here.

I don't gather very much in the way of clothes to crochet, or afghans, blankets, etc., because we only get about 2 weeks of winter. So most of my crocheting is for very lightweight clothing. This cardi pattern is a unique piece and I saw some great possibilities for using it to make some suitable hot weather clothing, so Craftsy got me hooked.
    Last edited by Poinciana; 04-09-2015 at 08:46 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladyella View Post
    Good morning, I'm up early today , but I might try to Bo back to bed for awhile as it's only 5:00 and. I'm not drinking coffee yet , I ' m drinking a cold glass of milk . Teri , you have a very talented daughter. It's good to work in a field that you like. My husband has been up some tonigh as well . If you remember we both fell a while ago . Well , John got a cellulitis and is on antibiotics. We went back to Dr last evening and they extended the meds for 10 more days . That's all for now , I'm trying to find a video that reads patterns with multiple *. **. But they all seem to start at the beginning to teach crocheting.
    I am hoping that you both are doing well...falling can be difficult to heal from...especially if it is from winter weather, outside, on the ice...be careful.....
    Did you get a bit more rest by going back to bed? I on the other hand slept very well and did not get up until 6:15 which is late for me. And even at that...I was awakened by thunder! We normally don't get thunder in April here....well maybe sometimes during a snow storm.

Have you checked youtube for instructional videos? also you can try Crochet School Lesson 1: Welcome and Intro to Crochet - Craftyminx
    She has step by step crochet lessons and explains very well each technique...there are 20 +/- lessons. Perhaps you will find your answer there. She does have a separate lesson on reading patterns.

Enjoy your day

Post Thanks / Like
    Ohhh Larisa.....I understand now...you had surgery that forbids you to eat certain foods...I get it...sometimes when they remove the gall bladder there are issues with types of foods you are explaining...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Poinciana View Post
    Good morning!

Teri, your daughter is a lovely girl and that sari is exquisite!

I joined Craftsy for some reason recently. It was to eyeball a pattern and joining is necessary before you can gaze upon their hallowed website, LOL! At any rate, I took a tour through the website and came away amazed at everything they have to offer a crafter. I always had thought it was just for taking classes in different crafts but they have other things going on there. Shopping, for one. I ended up buying a kit to make a cardi. They send the yarn required, via mail, of course, and I'm assuming they include the written instruction. However if not, you get to download the pattern, which I did right away. I will go ahead and make the cardi with the yarn they send but I have bigger and better plans for the pattern, so that will be a project for the long summer months before it ever cools off enough to wear a cardi around here.

I don't gather very much in the way of clothes to crochet, or afghans, blankets, etc., because we only get about 2 weeks of winter. So most of my crocheting is for very lightweight clothing. This cardi pattern is a unique piece and I saw some great possibilities for using it to make some suitable hot weather clothing, so Craftsy got me hooked.
    Ohhh yes...Craftsy is a unique website...I browse there often. I have downloaded many free patterns from them. I would love to see the cardi pattern you are going to do! Can you post the link to where you saw it on Craftsy?

I find it difficult to visualize only 2 weeks of winter LOL...we have first frost here by the 3 week of September and as of now...we still have snow on the ground...LOL.....but the summers here are glorious! too short but so beautiful. Green all summer. Short lived but beautiful...

oh and thank you about my daughter...she loves what she does...
    Last edited by Teri; 04-10-2015 at 04:29 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good Morning My Friends...

I am a bit late today...I woke up late, and at that was awakened by thunder! Now that is a surprise for April in Central NY! Here, thunder is really loud and it echos I suppose because of the mountains....where I am originally from it is all flat...the Jersey Shore...no mountains there ...the thunder just seemed to crack...but here it sort of rolls and echos....am I explaining myself correctly?

so I looks like a rainy sort of day today....tomorrow I have my prop building day at the dance school....the kids and some parents come to paint and build props for our annual show.....last year I was cleaning paint off of the hard wood dance floor for about a week! Ohhh think of me tomorrow...LOL...
    Attached Images Attached Images Morning Coffee....Or Tea-coffee-15-jpg