Thanks Thanks:  25
Likes Likes:  276
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennie View Post
    Hi everyone...I hope that all of you had a very pleasant day....I have crocheted all day long...considering sipping on a cup of coffee but I know that its to late...peaceful dreams my friends
    Peaceful and sweet dreams to you, too!
    Freedom is not the right to do as you please, but the liberty to do as you ought!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda D. Mitzner View Post
    Mom's port was put in today. It went fine, but she said it hurt even though they supposedly knocked her out. She is resting well this afternoon.

Shelley, glad to hear you passed your training class! Good job!

My sister had a zucchini that got away from her, hiding under the leaves. It weighed 6.2 lbs., was 17 1/2 in. long, and 14 1/2 in. in circumference! I'll probably shred it and put it in the freezer to use in breads and cakes. May chunk some of it too. I boil chunked zucchini, drain it, then add a can of Italian style stewed tomatoes, and a bit of spaghetti sauce (marinara). Real good. It would be good in a lasagna too. This ones skin may be to tough, so I'll peal it. Of course, I always seed them too.
    Attachment 13250
    Hi Linda,
    I don't peel or seed zucchini. Why do you seed zucchini?
    Jean Marie

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan2014 View Post
    Linda just seeing this sad but yet a happy one. Your MOM is lucky you are there for her.Only know from this post. I am saying special prayers for Moms Big Day tomorrow and for comfort for you.

I am gone tomorrow as have Orthopedic Dr appt --- fell tesday and broke 2 bones in left hand (in cast) right one we will see?
    Please keep your self busy and eat something, fruit cup. I had that when we went with my Mom to chemo. God Bless you. and Mom Gods with you .
    Hi Susan,
    Sorry you fell and broke a couple of bones. From what I've heard, bones take a long while to heal (3 months). Susan, did you break bones in your hand or arm?
    Jean Marie

Post Thanks / Like

Sharing a flower photo with all of you!

This is a photo of some of my hibiscus. I took it in the early morning when there was heavy dew on them after a foggy night.

I miss Linda's flowers and I've kept up with Linda and her Mom . . . so this photo is for everyone, but especially for Linda and her Mom!

Morning Coffee....Or Tea-image2-jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Poinciana,
    That was sweet of you to do that for Linda and her Mom.
    Jean Marie

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan2014 View Post
    Linda just seeing this sad but yet a happy one. Your MOM is lucky you are there for her.Only know from this post. I am saying special prayers for Moms Big Day tomorrow and for comfort for you.

I am gone tomorrow as have Orthopedic Dr appt --- fell tesday and broke 2 bones in left hand (in cast) right one we will see?
    Please keep your self busy and eat something, fruit cup. I had that when we went with my Mom to chemo. God Bless you. and Mom Gods with you .
    Hi Susan2014,
    I don't know if I should be writing this as you have broken some bones and I don't know if anyone else on here has broken bones but I'm thankful that I haven't broken any bones.
    Jean

Post Thanks / Like
    What a nice flower!! Thank you!
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the picture, Poinciana! Everyone on here is so sweet.

Jean Marie, sometimes I peel the larger zucchini because the outer skin that's the green color can be tough to chew and will not even get tender after you cook it. And the seeds in the center of the bigger ones are hard and not tender either so I clean them out.

The heat was so hard on alot of my flowers they quit blooming. And a rabbit ate off some of my rose moss and one of my coleus. Little stinkers. Alot of my flowers like my iris, daylilies, and old fashioned roses won't rebloom.

Mom just started her first chemo bag. I'm sitting here with her. She had several bags of other meds before they started the actual chemo. A couple were for nausea, and one to prevent allergic reaction, and a steroid for reactions too. She will have another chemo type later. Probably be here until 1:30 or 2pm. Started at 9 am.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    Hi Susan2014,
    I don't know if I should be writing this as you have broken some bones and I don't know if anyone else on here has broken bones but I'm thankful that I haven't broken any bones.
    Jean
    I've never broken a bone, but when my oldest son Johnny was 14 years old and in the 9th grade, he broke BOTH his arms at the same time, in P.E. at school. Both arms were in casts for 2 months, and they couldn't get wet. Even his right thumb was in the cast and he's right-handed. I raised my boys as a single mom, so I was the one who had to help him with bathing, etc. Their dad has always lived out of state, so he wasn't around to help our son. Needless to say, Johnny and I had to deal with it and we were able to find a lot of humor in our situation. There is never a dull moment for mothers.

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda D. Mitzner View Post
    Thanks for the picture, Poinciana! Everyone on here is so sweet.

Jean Marie, sometimes I peel the larger zucchini because the outer skin that's the green color can be tough to chew and will not even get tender after you cook it. And the seeds in the center of the bigger ones are hard and not tender either so I clean them out.

The heat was so hard on alot of my flowers they quit blooming. And a rabbit ate off some of my rose moss and one of my coleus. Little stinkers. Alot of my flowers like my iris, daylilies, and old fashioned roses won't rebloom.

Mom just started her first chemo bag. I'm sitting here with her. She had several bags of other meds before they started the actual chemo. A couple were for nausea, and one to prevent allergic reaction, and a steroid for reactions too. She will have another chemo type later. Probably be here until 1:30 or 2pm. Started at 9 am.
    Linda, I'm thinking about you and your mom today. I hope her first chemo treatment goes as planned.

Hugs,
    Shelley