Thanks Thanks:  25
Likes Likes:  276

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, Susie Ann, and Bennie.

Tomorrow is the big day. Don't know if we are ready but I guess we have to be. There is so much to remember with meds, protecting from infection, handling toxic waste, prep before treatment and after. Thank goodness it's all written down for me in a patient care notebook. I probably worry too much.

Everyone have a great day!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda D. Mitzner View Post
    Thanks, Susie Ann, and Bennie.

Tomorrow is the big day. Don't know if we are ready but I guess we have to be. There is so much to remember with meds, protecting from infection, handling toxic waste, prep before treatment and after. Thank goodness it's all written down for me in a patient care notebook. I probably worry too much.

Everyone have a great day!
    Linda, you'll be fine. It's a big job to take care of someone on chemo. There's so much to it. But I know within a few days, you'll be comfortable with your routine. Your mom is a very lucky lady to have you there with her.

Know that I'll continue to send out prayers of healing and peace, for your mom and for you, too.

Hugs,
    Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, Shelley. That means alot to me!

Post Thanks / Like
    Shelly is right. It will get to be a routine. One I wish the both of you didn't have too do. But your both strong woman with faith.

Post Thanks / Like
    Linda just seeing this sad but yet a happy one. Your MOM is lucky you are there for her.Only know from this post. I am saying special prayers for Moms Big Day tomorrow and for comfort for you.

I am gone tomorrow as have Orthopedic Dr appt --- fell tesday and broke 2 bones in left hand (in cast) right one we will see?
    Please keep your self busy and eat something, fruit cup. I had that when we went with my Mom to chemo. God Bless you. and Mom Gods with you .

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Susan. I've got peanut butter crackers and peanut butter south beach protein bars packed to go. Will take drinks, even though they supply water, coffee, hot water, a few light colored sodas. They have a refrigerator and microwave. I've got mom some ensure shakes, and fruit flavored protein water by ensure. Will get some fruit cups. They sound good. She may want lighter small meals more frequently. Hopefully she won't have to fight nausea.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan2014 View Post
    Linda just seeing this sad but yet a happy one. Your MOM is lucky you are there for her.Only know from this post. I am saying special prayers for Moms Big Day tomorrow and for comfort for you.

I am gone tomorrow as have Orthopedic Dr appt --- fell tesday and broke 2 bones in left hand (in cast) right one we will see?
    Please keep your self busy and eat something, fruit cup. I had that when we went with my Mom to chemo. God Bless you. and Mom Gods with you .
    Susan, I saw your photo on Facebook with your arm in a cast. I am so sorry you fell and broke your hand! Doggone it anyway. I hate this for you. I'm sure it hurts pretty bad. Will the orthopedic doctor put on a permanent cast? Maybe he'll give you a cast that you can take off when you shower.

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    Susan, I'll pray for your arm to heal and that your pain is minimal. Must be frustrating having a cast on. Hang in there! Hugs!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi everyone...I hope that all of you had a very pleasant day....I have crocheted all day long...considering sipping on a cup of coffee but I know that its to late...peaceful dreams my friends

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixieglitter View Post
    You can quilt, too? You're a very talented lady! I know your wall hanging is going to be beautiful, especially done in silk. My mom is a quilter, too, she makes lovely quilts.

Shelley
    Ah, credit given where it's not due. I'm not a quilter. For lack of a better term to use - I'll be sewing the squares together in strips and then sewing the strips together. (But I'm very experienced at sewing couturier garments so will be able to handle that with ease.) I've always wanted to quilt but never really got into that. Are you lucky enough to be the proud owner of one of your Mom's quilts?

And CONGRATULATIONS on acing your test!