Thanks Thanks:  25
Likes Likes:  276
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Susie Ann View Post
    There's always the boss in every family. Too cute. July 18 I am going to have my first Thank God and Summer Fun Fest for my grandchildren and their parents. Start at 10 a.m. and go home after dark. A $dollar for a bible verse recited and 25cents for every game they can come up with up to a $1. everyone share a special thing about God or they have learned about God etc. Ring toss--croquet-kick ball--squirt guns--raw egg toss-- Paper bag pick up--three legged race--gunny sack race kick the can. Food watermelon--hamburgers--brats-chicken --pizza--chips--gatorade--gummy worms--ice cream treats--veggies--veggie pizza --fruit salads --salads. Hope we have nice weather and everyone gets along well. Ages 11 to 5. 10 girls one boy 7 adults and two dogs. Say a pray for us. If anyone has ideas let me know. Thanks and God Bless. Have a wonderful 4th.
    Now that sounds like a fun time! How did it go?
    Last edited by Teri; 07-06-2015 at 04:23 AM.
    Dance is the hidden language of the soul

http://otsegodance.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DonnaPBradshaw View Post
    thank you Teri! I drink green smoothies when I first wake up! maybe we can start a green smoothie group! jk! I have gleaned so much by ct! thanks for making me feel welcome!
    Yum smoothies...I make mine with cashew milk, frozen banana, cocoa powder and spreadable fruit for sweetener! All goes in the magic bullet and I have a smoothie....
    Last edited by Teri; 07-06-2015 at 04:23 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SusansSoulShines View Post
    Have I somehow offended the group a a whole without meaning to? I posted 3-4 posts last night and got quite a lot of views on them, but not a word from anyone. The only reason I've hardly been in here or doing anything else lately is because I am wracking my brains cells, hands, shoulders, and all of my energy trying to make gauge swatches for a top that I'm thinking about doing in a CA, or another that I might just do on my own. This garment making business is every bit as extensive and time consuming, plus rather difficult to get started, as I thought it would be, but I plan to keep going and putting my all into it.

They know what's wrong with my knee and I'm going to have outpatient surgery against my wishes, but I want to walk more like normal, hopefully it will be week after next. If I've done something wrong somehow, please speak up and let me know! I would never do anything to make something like that happen, esp in a group of my friends.
    Gee Susan...don't feel that you offended anyone....that is just silly
    I have not even been on any social media since 6/30 due to being busy. If no one responds to you just take it with a grain of salt ...don't be sensitive, especially with social media. I will try to check back at your posts...I just caught this one first.

I would however like to know a bit about your garment making business...I haven't caught that post. Any business is lots of work if it will be worth it. Don't forget you won't get anything out of a business if you don't put in a lot. My husband and I have been self employed since 1977 and to make ends meet in a business you have to put in your heart and soul.
    Last edited by Teri; 07-06-2015 at 04:00 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Poinciana View Post
    Susan, Susan, Susan ... I doubt you've offended anyone! No way, kiddo! <smiling at you>

I've been on hiatus. Somewhat busy, but it's quite wonderful to make changes in routine. If I may say this - - - I'be belonged to Crochet Talk about a year and a half and spent most of that year wondering why a majority of my posts are ignored or wondering if others find it offensive because I choose not to engage in personal messaging and do not subscribe to threads. Perhaps that is offensive to some but, hey, I'm the master of my ship! I'm not a follower, or a parrot, or one who kisses nether regions LOL! I'm not here, or anywhere online, for a social life. . . I think I do okay in real life. away from this artificial world called the internet.

Plus I was raised by wonderful parents who always counseled me and my siblings that there are three things you should avoid if possible, and that is debating politics, finances, and religion. Good grief, one of my grandfathers was "hell" on wheels in all three areas! I think he was the basis for my Mom's advice.

One lady who is a member here, and she is truly a lady in all respects, said once that others found her to be "cold." and it seemed as if it was referencing prayer requests. My response to that would have been, and now I am responding, lol, though I didn't at the time. I pray often and say a rosary every night for all my relatives and friends. I, especially each and every time that I thank God for His blessings, and that is daily, that I'm offering prayers for all those who especially need them and for those who have no one to pray for them! I don't have to tell Him who they are for it's my belief that He knows who they are. (Sorry, Mom, the only reference I'll make on my religious faith in Him.)

In any case, this thread we're presently on is the very best of Crochet Talk in my eyes and usually the only thread I'll pay much attention to ... this thread ROCKS!

Best wishes and good health to you, Susan!
    VERY WELL SAID POINCIANA!
    You have said what is exactly in my heart for sure!! Everything you just mentioned above was stated with wisdom and understanding....and I wish I could get on a Rosary routine...just have to wrap my time around that....I feel so scattered at times and find that just life takes me places without my control.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good Morning My Friends

I have not been here since 6/30! Wow ....I have just been so busy. Lets see what has happened since last we spoke...

My husband and put a deposit on a building for a new dance school. The building needs lots of work so we will have several contractors come in this week to advise us of cost. If it is too costly to fix then we will cancel the contract. One thing is that the heat was disconnected! And here is Central NY you need heat by September 15! I am still waiting for summer to come. The temps have not been over 75 degrees! And for a Jersey born and bred beach baby ....this is not swimming weather.

My grandson was with us from 6/13 to 7/2 and now my granddaughter is with us until Saturday. So my husband and I have been trying to keep them busy. It is more fun to have them separately and we can give them each more devoted time. We don 't get to see them often, so this time is precious. They are still in NJ. and that is 6 hours away.

It took awhile to catch up on posts as I like to read each one. I have responded on many but not all ....I will try to be more faithful as I like to open up to Morning Coffee the start of each day ...with my cup of coffee...

Have a wonderful day everyone!
    Attached Images Attached Images Morning Coffee....Or Tea-coffee-squirrel-jpg 

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Good Morning My Friends

I have not been here since 6/30! Wow ....I have just been so busy. Lets see what has happened since last we spoke...

My husband and put a deposit on a building for a new dance school. The building needs lots of work so we will have several contractors come in this week to advise us of cost. If it is too costly to fix then we will cancel the contract. One thing is that the heat was disconnected! And here is Central NY you need heat by September 15! I am still waiting for summer to come. The temps have not been over 75 degrees! And for a Jersey born and bred beach baby ....this is not swimming weather.

My grandson was with us from 6/13 to 7/2 and now my granddaughter is with us until Saturday. So my husband and I have been trying to keep them busy. It is more fun to have them separately and we can give them each more devoted time. We don 't get to see them often, so this time is precious. They are still in NJ. and that is 6 hours away.

It took awhile to catch up on posts as I like to read each one. I have responded on many but not all ....I will try to be more faithful as I like to open up to Morning Coffee the start of each day ...with my cup of coffee...

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Hi Teri, Good to see you back online. You've been really busy! You want warm weather, come on down south where we're sweltering around 97 a lot. It's miserable, and with high humidity. A.C. pumps run a lot and do pretty good, but going out in it is not good. I don't really consider his group to be so much a social media as I do a group of friends who keeps up with each others lives and helps out with problems and worries. So that is why I'd want to know if something was wrong! Now, other media is more taken with a grain of salt, but I have friends on all of them too.

My garment making venture will only be tops for me, but believe me, I commit when I want to do something. Like I did with my blog site, but then I wish I'd maybe waited a year longer to do it after I'd learned to do more thing like this. Oh well, hindsight can't change everything but you van learn from it! So this is a lot of work, but well worth it. I've taken hours of classes, read books, watched countless videos of patterns and read over patterns, it's been fully time consuming and difficult at times, but I'm starting to understand more about it.

But I never thought about needing need loads of fine yarns, like 2-3 ply fingering, baby/sport, DK, cotton/bamboo blend, comfy and lightweight yarns which I've never had much of and don't have enough of now except for maybe a sleeveless top of odd colors, so I'm going to the local wholesale warehouse this weekend to see if they have anything in stock I can use. I noticed they started carrying some lightweight yarn but not sure if they'll have enough of like colors, but hopefully in time I can trade or sell thru various sites that have groups that do that, or eventually buy enough at my warehouse to have something to work with. Good luck with your dance school!

7. Likes Teri liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MeerKat View Post
    Happy 4th of July Everbody..!!!!!!!!!
    Thx, hope you had a good weekend!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey y'all, I've been working on a large afghan for my mom out of 10 inch flower squares. I love the way it's turning out.

Shelley
    Attached Images Attached Images Morning Coffee....Or Tea-img_0189-jpg Morning Coffee....Or Tea-img_0396-jpg 

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SusansSoulShines View Post
    Hi Teri, Good to see you back online. You've been really busy! You want warm weather, come on down south where we're sweltering around 97 a lot. It's miserable, and with high humidity. A.C. pumps run a lot and do pretty good, but going out in it is not good. I don't really consider his group to be so much a social media as I do a group of friends who keeps up with each others lives and helps out with problems and worries. So that is why I'd want to know if something was wrong! Now, other media is more taken with a grain of salt, but I have friends on all of them too.

My garment making venture will only be tops for me, but believe me, I commit when I want to do something. Like I did with my blog site, but then I wish I'd maybe waited a year longer to do it after I'd learned to do more thing like this. Oh well, hindsight can't change everything but you van learn from it! So this is a lot of work, but well worth it. I've taken hours of classes, read books, watched countless videos of patterns and read over patterns, it's been fully time consuming and difficult at times, but I'm starting to understand more about it.

But I never thought about needing need loads of fine yarns, like 2-3 ply fingering, baby/sport, DK, cotton/bamboo blend, comfy and lightweight yarns which I've never had much of and don't have enough of now except for maybe a sleeveless top of odd colors, so I'm going to the local wholesale warehouse this weekend to see if they have anything in stock I can use. I noticed they started carrying some lightweight yarn but not sure if they'll have enough of like colors, but hopefully in time I can trade or sell thru various sites that have groups that do that, or eventually buy enough at my warehouse to have something to work with. Good luck with your dance school!
    Hey Susan, I've found the type of lightweight yarn you're looking for at Michael's. I've used it to make a scarf and it came out really nice, but I thought the yarn was difficult for me to work with. It's so lightweight that it's hard for me to hold onto it. All the super lightweight yarn I bought from Michael's is 100% acrylic, which is my favorite because it's so easy to wash and care for. I have several skeins that I'm hanging onto to make something else out of... one of these days lol.

I hope you had a great 4th and that you're doing well!

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixieglitter View Post
    Hey y'all, I've been working on a large afghan for my mom out of 10 inch flower squares. I love the way it's turning out.

Shelley
    Hi Shelley,
    You're doing a real nice job. The colors are pretty. Did you use all those colors of yarn in the 2nd picture to make the flower?
    Jean Marie