Thanks Thanks:  25
Likes Likes:  276
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good morning everyone, it's another beautiful and cool day in Alabama. It's only 78 degrees outside this morning, and it feels wonderful to have a break in the extreme heat.

Thank you for all of your kind words of encouragement. I know we all have our moments where we just feel kind of down and depressed. I've decided to take a couple days off work and go visit my family in South Carolina next weekend. I'm feeling very lonesome for them, and I really need to be with my mom. She always makes everything better for me. I really need my momma right now.

I'm almost finished with the round star baby blanket I've been working on. It's ending up very large large and will be more of a toddler or crib blanket. I love working the pattern, it's from our very own Doris Ann on CT. Crochet really is my therapy, especially when I'm using bright colors. The colors seem to brighten my world and make me feel better. My crochet has helped me get through some very tough times in the past. I sometimes get so down and depressed that sometimes it's all I can do to focus on to make a square. It takes my mind off my misery and sadness at the time. Needless to say, I have bins and bins full of baby blankets LOL.

Have a great day everyone!

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Shelly, we all get down at times, but I glad you have your mother to help gain that glad feeling back♥
    LadyellaONE DAY AT A TIME

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladyella View Post
    Hi Shelly, we all get down at times, but I glad you have your mother to help gain that glad feeling back♥
    Thanks Ladyella, for your understanding. My mom is a very special lady indeed. She's been married to my dad for almost 54 years, and he definitely is not the best husband in the world. I love him dearly, he's my dad. But he's emotionally hurt her for most of their marriage. Guys can really be jerks sometimes.

I was dating a special guy for about 6 weeks and, out of nowhere, he just refused to talk to me. I know he's got his own issues. Obviously. Even so, it's still mean. It makes me feel like there's something wrong with me. It makes me cry. I get a lot of comments from other women who tell me that I'm better off on my own. I've been divorced for 20 years, raised my now grown boys by myself. I'm very tired of being alone. I don't like being treated like crap.

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    So sorry about the guy you were seeing. Ugh. He must of been scared of getting too close, or just a jerk as you said. At least you know now not to waste your time on him! I feel for you, I just don't hardly date anymore, men now days(well some people, men and women) are just too self centered. We live in a me, me, me society. Ok I'll leave it at that.....
    Enjoy your visit with your mom and family!!! Take care!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Shelly...cd u please let me know how the cross stitch was covered ...I cd only think of adding a square to cover it...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennie View Post
    Hi Shelly...cd u please let me know how the cross stitch was covered ...I cd only think of adding a square to cover it...
    Hi Bennie, I used to do a lot of cross stitch but I've never done it on a crochet project. I think your idea of covering it with a square will work. I can't really think of any other way to hide it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bennie, I've have done cross stitch but not on crochet. I made a bookmark to give as a gift. Instead of cloth I used a special paper for cross stitching. But I put a plain back on it so the back couldn't be seen. Sounds like your on the right track. I am working on a larger piece of cross stitch that I need to finish. I'm so close to finishing but I have to give my eye's a rest as well as my hands. I use a magnifier to read the charts. I'll try to post a picture of it one of these days. I'd love to see your project when it's finished!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Shelly--I think guys are afraid of getting older and than they stuff it and get mean. My husband was a good guy but he put me down alot --it became such a habit that I don't even think he realized he was doing it. It hurt me alot--I didn't even know if he loved me anymore. we cry and I think they yell or put down people --It is them venting. I don't say it is right--they should talk it out--but I think that embarressess them so they don't. They couldn't be wrong that would make them look weak. My husband admitted to me before he died it was his fault that we didn't get along. Be careful especially because your lonely. I will join you in prayer for God to send you a good man and to help you find contentment. THEIR IS NOTHING WRONG WITH YOU --THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH THEM. BUT I COMPLETELY UNDERSTAND THAT YOUR FEELINGS ARE YOUR FEELINGS AND YOUR HEAD CANT ALWAYS MAKE YOUR HEART UNDERSTAND. HUGS AND BLESSINGS TO YOU

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Susie Ann View Post
    Hi Shelly--I think guys are afraid of getting older and than they stuff it and get mean. My husband was a good guy but he put me down alot --it became such a habit that I don't even think he realized he was doing it. It hurt me alot--I didn't even know if he loved me anymore. we cry and I think they yell or put down people --It is them venting. I don't say it is right--they should talk it out--but I think that embarressess them so they don't. They couldn't be wrong that would make them look weak. My husband admitted to me before he died it was his fault that we didn't get along. Be careful especially because your lonely. I will join you in prayer for God to send you a good man and to help you find contentment. THEIR IS NOTHING WRONG WITH YOU --THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH THEM. BUT I COMPLETELY UNDERSTAND THAT YOUR FEELINGS ARE YOUR FEELINGS AND YOUR HEAD CANT ALWAYS MAKE YOUR HEART UNDERSTAND. HUGS AND BLESSINGS TO YOU
    Hey Susie Ann, I really appreciate your sweet prayers. Loneliness is a sad place to be. Mostly, I'm a very happy-go-lucky person who feels so blessed with her life! I have a very blessed and good life! But then occasionally, someone comes along and I feel like it's all been crushed. It's amazing to me how quickly that can happen.

Sometimes I get very very tired of being all alone. I've been alone for most of my life. My family all lives out of state and I'm here in Alabama by myself. I'm only here because of my job. I have another 4-6 years before I can retire. I've just been having my own little personal pity party lately. That's all it is, but it can sure make me feel depressed if I let it go on very long. I know that.

Thank you again for your sweetness, and your prayers.

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello! It s me again... dreaming of morning cup of coffee. It s not hot here just wonderful. Doilies rule = Larisa
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן