Thanks Thanks:  25
Likes Likes:  276

Post Thanks / Like
    Good morning all!
    It's a little bit cooler here today. Only suppose to get up to 95°. So far the wind has a bit of cool to it. Hopefully two or three more days of harvest yet if everything continues to run smoothly. My coffee tastes good this morning! I'm making pulled BBQ pork sandwiches, baked beans, cole slaw, cookies for dessert, and iced tea. My coffee tastes good this morning! When it gets hot I don't drink hot coffee as much. Usually just one cup. Here is another hollyhock we have blooming.
    Attachment 12719

2. Likes Jpdysart, Ladyella liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh your flowers make my day! Thank you
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    We have been homeschooling our fifth grader since February. I didn't keep track of him as well as I should have, tho. He is taking a break right now. Not sure if we will have him finishe up the fifth grade curriculum or just chalk it up to learning experience and move on. We will begin homeschooling everyone else in August, as well. We are just tired of the hassle of public school. The oldest isn't in school right now, he works in the kitchen at Hooters. He's thinking about starting at the community college soon, but he won't have Texas residency until October. We don't want to pay out-of-state tuition, so the soonest he can start is January. Not sure what he wants to do. I wish he had just gone into the Navy like we'd planned last year.
    I've bought "Chock Full O' Nuts" before it's good coffee. I'd probably still buy it if it came in bigger cans, lol!
    I'm working on a little cross stitch this morning, just to be different. It's a little kitty with a ball of yarn. Thinking about making a Tunisian square to cross stitch it on for my 12" square exchange.

Post Thanks / Like
    You are welcome, Larisa!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan2014 View Post
    Shelley same in MN except its not quite that high in Humidity. How things going with you? Hooking I hope. I hope the best in Summer Days coming, Bye for now.

Susan2014
    Hi Susan! I'm working on a round star point baby blanket, in bright colors. I just finished a ripple baby blanket. Not sure what I'm going to do with them. I just like making them. I'll either give them to my sister, she's trying to get pregnant again.... or I'll keep them for my future grand babies.

Are you working on any crochet projects?

Shelley

7. Likes Teri liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jpdysart View Post
    We have been homeschooling our fifth grader since February. I didn't keep track of him as well as I should have, tho. He is taking a break right now. Not sure if we will have him finishe up the fifth grade curriculum or just chalk it up to learning experience and move on. We will begin homeschooling everyone else in August, as well. We are just tired of the hassle of public school. The oldest isn't in school right now, he works in the kitchen at Hooters. He's thinking about starting at the community college soon, but he won't have Texas residency until October. We don't want to pay out-of-state tuition, so the soonest he can start is January. Not sure what he wants to do. I wish he had just gone into the Navy like we'd planned last year.
    I've bought "Chock Full O' Nuts" before it's good coffee. I'd probably still buy it if it came in bigger cans, lol!
    I'm working on a little cross stitch this morning, just to be different. It's a little kitty with a ball of yarn. Thinking about making a Tunisian square to cross stitch it on for my 12" square exchange.
    I used to love doing cross stitch, both where the fabric was printed with the pattern, and counted cross stitch. I've thought about doing it on a crochet square, also. I'm just worried about what the back side will look like...? If I did it, it'd be very messy on the back side. My mom does impeccable cross stitch. You can't tell the front from the back. She's a perfectionist with it. LOL

Shelley

9. Likes Jpdysart liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jpdysart View Post
    I knew you would be homeschooling candidates! I homeschooled my 3 children, I have to say it was a wonderful experience. I homeschooled the older two through Christian Liberty Academy (although I am not overly religious, and my Catholic beliefs are not the reason I homeschooled. they had a complete program. I would now call it "school at home" and not homeschooling) and they went right into college with no problem. The youngest,( who is 9 years and 12 years younger than my older 2), I was an eclectic homeschooler. Mostly hands on and unit studies. My favorite was using KONOS. Nothing in KONOS is spoon fed. She is my smartest, she has had a 3.9 - 4.0 average since her college freshman year. She will be beginning her Senior year in college this upcoming fall. She was totally homeschooled from kindergarten and began her first 2 years of college totally online so her actual first day of school was her Junior year in college.
    Your children are close in age I would recommend unit studies and you can do them all at once with minor changes to the work load for each. Except math and English.
    Community college is a good thing. He will be able to discover himself and see what field he likes. My daughter, is a Theater Arts Major/ Dance Minor. She got her math, English, history, etc out of the way through the online academy of a 2 year county college and transferred directly to the university without skipping a heartbeat. So now she is doing the fun stuff and the things she could not do online like building scenery, or taking vocal class. The dance department is also pretty nice. She has been a dancer since 3 (I am a dance teacher). So this summer she has 2 choreography jobs for 2 different theater companies. The musicals are Big River which will open in August and the second is Gypsy which will open in September.

So community college is not a bad thing. It will open doors for kids who are unsure of what they want in life. I wish you lots of luck on your homeschooling adventure...you will love it!
    Dance is the hidden language of the soul

http://otsegodance.com

11. Likes Jpdysart liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good Morning My Friends

Nothing new here...the grandson is still with us, but stayed at my son's apartment last night. He just loves his uncle Matt. My son took him for a tour of the restaurant where he works. (My son is off on Monday and Tuesdays.) He also took him fishing on Monday. So we have a break today until I go to work later on this afternoon and I will take him with us. LOL

The weather is pretty crumby here. Cloudy, rainy, so we can't take him swimming or even anything outdoors. I have taught him to do chain stitches and we are doing some children's craft kits. I taught him to sew 2 squares of material together and we stuffed it so he made his mom a pillow! But we are running out of indoor things to do. I work today and there is a dance class he can take....but that is only 1 hour.

Have a wonderful day and we will talk soon.
    Attached Images Attached Images Morning Coffee....Or Tea-coffee-fixes-jpg 
    Dance is the hidden language of the soul

http://otsegodance.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Good morning everyone!
    It's 83° this morning suppose to get up to 97° today. Wind 10 to 20 mph. We are getting close to finishing harvest. 2days.... ?
    I'm pretty tired today. May have to up my caffeine this morning! More coffee!!!! Late yesterday after we took the evening meal I road with my sister on two truck loads of wheat to the elevator. Got to ride in the new(to us) truck. Drives similar to a semi. It was hot but I enjoyed it. Mom and I want to ride in the bigger combine today. It has a small extra seat for riders. We do this at least once every harvest. Well I better get busy. This is a photo of one of my daylilies.
    Attachment 12734

14. Likes Ladyella liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Linda! Thank you for this photo.
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן