Thanks Thanks:  25
Likes Likes:  276
    Post Thanks / Like
    It s beautiful!
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you, Larisa. The lighting is bad in the photo. The colors are much brighter than they look. I'm using a soft baby yarn. I love working with baby yarn and a size G hook, which is my favorite size hook.

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixieglitter View Post
    Good morning my friends. It's Monday and my day off work. I'm off every other Monday. I've been working on another baby blanket. It's in bright colors and I love the way it's turning out. It's a round 12 point star pattern. I recently made a large adult blanket using the same pattern, and it turned out HUGE!

Shelley
    very nice Shelley!

4. Likes Jpdysart liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Good morning friends,
    It's going to be another scorcher today, predicted to be 99-100° with heat index it'll feel hotter. Wind is blowing some too but that's normal for here. I'll be taking lunch to the field again today. Making fried chicken drumsticks, mashed potatoes, gravy, corn. Have left over peach cobbler. And iced tea which is a staple for us. Unsweetened. Sweet and the heat don't always go together. And everyone carries water jugs that stay with them. My friend gave my sister a scarf like cloth that you moisten, and you wear it around your neck. You snap it and it keeps it cool, it's suppose to help keep a person 30% cooler. Helps my sister in the trucks that don't have air conditioning. Hope everyone has a great day.

Here's a photo of the darkest colored hollyhock we have.
    Attachment 12709

6. Likes Ladyella liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Shelley, love the colors! Cute blanket and pattern!

Post Thanks / Like
    Linda, you and the workers need to stay safe in this summer heat, 100 degrees is very extreme. I feel bad for the workers who have to be in the fields all day with no AC in the tractors. And the summer heat has just begun, we have several more months of it.

I love living in Alabama, but totally hate the summers here. It's only 9 am here and there's water literally running down the outside of my house windows. It's not raining here. It's from the extreme humidity. Ugh. It's stifling. The air is so thick with humidity outside, it makes me feel like I can't breath when I'm out in it.

How's your mom doing?

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm a coffee drinker, but I also drink tea. I've been crocheting since I was about 8 years old, and I taught myself to knit when I was in high school. I didn't get serious about knitting until a few years ago, tho. I am a stay-at-home mom of five, my oldest is almost 19 and my youngest is 3. All boys except one. My girl is 14 and my other two boys are 9.5 & 11.
    I'm super happy to have found CT again, and to be a part of the square swap. These days, I don't have the attention span to make anything very big, and I can't stand making the same thing over and over again, so the squares work for me!
    I hope everyone is having a great day!
    Jenn

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Shelley, they have air conditioning in the combines, tractors, and one of the bigger trucks. The other three trucks aren't. So my sister gets the brunt of the heat. She chuggs water which helps. The humidity is 55% so it's went down some.

Mom's hanging in there. She will have an ex-ray guided needle biopsy Thursday. I'll take her in so everyone can keep cutting wheat. With recovery it takes at least 3 hrs. So I'll take my reading along maybe my crochet. But need to have a table to work on my doily and I don't have anything else started. I haven't crochet much, just to busy and by the end of my day I'm ready for my bed. It's usually 11pm by the time we are done for the evening.
    Last edited by Linda D. Mitzner; 06-22-2015 at 09:26 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    We buy Maxwell House, because it's not terribly expensive. I used to get Gevalia coffee in the mail. Thinking about restarting my subscription. I love not having to remember to buy coffee in the store!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the thread, Bennie and Jpdysart. I drink coffee and tea(hot or cold). I buy whatever is cheapest for now. I used to buy Folgers or Maxwell House but I substituted a cheaper variety one time and no one could tell the difference. Though if you go real expensive I can tell a difference. But they are not in my budget. Oh well....

13. Likes Susan2014 liked this post