Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, sorry you got hit by the ice storm, do you still have Power? Marina still hasn't got electricity but she thinks they might get it fixed today. Thank the Lord she didn't get hit by the ice storm again last night.
    The South just doesn't have the equipment to clear things in a hurry, they don't get these kind of storms very often. Marina's neighbor said this is the worst ice storm they have gotten since 1993. Marina is bringing he youngest child over for him to spend the night, she said the other kids are about ready to string him up. He is pestering them to death, I am so glad he is coming over to spend the night. I really enjoy him.
    Last edited by MeerKat; 02-21-2015 at 08:56 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    How is your daughter able to stay in her home without any heat?!! This is just terrible for her.

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    Marina finally got Power late last night.
    When I moved down here I gave her my old generator. they have well water and it kept the pump for the well going and she had her refrigerator on it it wouldn't run the furnace so they had a small electric space heater so they all pretty well stayed congregated in the living room. With 4 kids cooped up for a week, she almost went crazy. She finally brought the youngest over yesterday to spend the night with me. She said she was afraid the older kids would string him up. He is so hyper. I spent the whole day and evening playing Uno with him, He was really good for me but he is so hyper he has to be entertained all the time.. But I loved it.

Post Thanks / Like
    This is wonderful news! Bless her heart, what an ordeal that turned into. I'm happy for her, and you too. You don't have to worry so much now.

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Pixie, She was so happy when she called me and told me it was on. She is going to do the kids washing, I know she has a lot with 4 kids. She is suppose to come get Aiden this afternoon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad things are better. That was nice of you to take your grandson for awhile and give them some relief. Some kids just love to tease. I have a few of those. Take care and God Bless. Hope your feeling better.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MeerKat View Post
    My daughter has been without power since Monday, She has 4 kids, Chris hasn't been able to get out his road until today so many limbs are down because of all the ice, blocking their road. They live so far out in the boondocks it isn't even funny. It could be another week before the Electric company even gets to them. She has my old Generator but it is really old and Chris has to keep working on it to keep it running. He tried to go to work today but the generator went out and My Daughter had to call him home to work on it. I know she is about to run out of groceries. This is the last thing you expect being in Ga.
    Please pray for them, I worry so much especially for the GC.
    You've got it my friend ,I will be praying for them. Lord this family needs you right now. Please help them and supply their needs today. Let your will be done . Thank you Lord , In Jesus' name I pray.

I guess I didn't see this at the right time but am glad they pretty much have the problem resolved now. I came from a family of 5 kids and I know how hard the times can be with a family like that. Love to them and you and glad things have worked out for them. Love, Patty
    Last edited by redhead; 02-23-2015 at 03:58 PM.

8. Likes MeerKat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Susie Ann, Yes Aiden is only 6 and he is a little devil. But he knows at Grandmas he has to behave. But he had me playing Uno all day. But I loved it. I can remember playing Uno with Marina when she was that age. Children just grow up to fast.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the prayer, we are suppose to get more bad weather tomorrow. I hope it misses us.