Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Post Thanks / Like
    Don't worry about blinking. They simply put a bit of tape to hold the eye open and it works just fine. Because of the bright light they use you get a kaleidoscope view - pretty colors. No pain at all. Everyone I know told me it was nothing to get stressed out about but of course I was apprehensive and didn't need to be. Hardest part is nothing to eat or drink after midnight and I need my morning coffee, which they had ready and waiting immediately afterwords. Good luck to you when you're ready for removal.
    Pat

Post Thanks / Like
    So glad your surgery was successful!

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MeerKat View Post
    Congradulations, I am so glad it was a success. My late husband had it done on one eye then a couple years later had the second one done. They said the second one wasn't ready to be done, it has to reach a certain point before the will do one. It took two years before the second one was ready to do. But I am such a chicken just to think of them putting a needle in my eye. I have seen them do it on TV and it gives me chills just looking at that needle go towards their eye.
    I just want to tell everyone that I had both my eyes done and I don't even saw or remember a needle! I felt no pain at all and even talked to the doctor while he was doing my eyes. I would encourage anyone that needs it to do it now! I am now driving after dark too. I saw the most brilliant colors the same evening that I had the first one done when we went out to eat. It looked like the whole town had colored sparklers everywhere. The car lights and street lights and stores were so pretty it didn't seem like I was in the town where I live. The colors were so beautiful that I wished they had stayed that way. Maybe it was the anesthetic but it was so pretty I can never forget what it looked like. Please don't be worried about pain... I had absolutely none. Maybe we just have extra good doctors here! I am going tomorrow for a follow-up visit to the eye doctor. I can't believe it's been a year already. Go get your cataracts taken care of, please. You will be glad you did it!Love ya all, Patty

Post Thanks / Like
    Had this done on both eyes 2 yrs ago. Could Harley believe the difference in my eyesight. Couldn't read a book & even TV was not to good. Now I am back to almost normal.I have a little stigmatism som still wear my glasses but if I don't want to I don't have to. Like you said. No pain involved.If you need it go have it done.Even the colors are brighter.