Thanks Thanks:  20
Likes Likes:  184
Page 60 of 64 First ... 10505859606162 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like
    three bags were donated to a thrift store this morning. I have hung lighter drapes in the living room allowing the sunshine in. I definitely have to work on my yarn stash again. More yarn means less space to store it in. I have to decide what I can use and what I won't. My closet is definitely better though, as I have donated a lot of stuff that I just wasn't wearing.

2. Thanks mash52 thanked for this post
    Likes Butterflyrose liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    WOW! You got a lot done too! Don't you just love the Swiffer? I bought more wet and dry refills for mine this week.

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

4. Thanks mash52 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I can't afford no wet refills just yet. They are good. I just had what came with it. But I managed to get dry pads again.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm working on cleaning the blinds, window frames, windows in the house and window sills.

Post Thanks / Like

House cleaning

Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    I'm working on cleaning the blinds, window frames, windows in the house and window sills.
    What are you using to clean your blinds? I am going thru closets and drawers to get rid of unused things. I am changing the curtains and quilt, towels and carpets in the bedroom and bath I find blinds are such a pain to do they take so long. Looks so nice when all finished. I have the faux wood white blinds in the bedrooms and computer room. The kitchen is the small metal blinds since it is such a large window. The living rm has the large glass doors and window with the vertical blinds. I think the fans in Fl. makes so much dust. We are getting hot weather now so the house will be closed so not much pollen can get thru now. Well you have a good day.

Post Thanks / Like
    New curtains have been hung in the spare bedroom. I hung some lighter sheer curtains in the living room so it is much brighter in this room now. Darker curtains have been hung in my bedroom to keep light out so I can sleep better. The bathroom has had a major clean and I am working on the living room. As I clean shelves, I am decluttering things I do not need. I am working on dvds right now, ones I know I won't watch again are going. Now that spring is finally here, I seem to have more motivation.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi ging36ging,
    I used Mr. Clean in a bucket or a liquid hand soap on the wash cloth, a few blinds-strips/slats and then rinse it out and put more soap in the washcloth so I'm ready to do the next section of the blinds on the window. I leave the blinds on the window and go over each strip with a washcloth. The blinds that have cardboard behind them I vacuumed with a hand vacuum cleaner. My husband has taken blinds in the shower before to clean them. I suppose you could take them outside and spray them with a hose too.

When cleaning the blinds, after I do one section, I take the next strip or slat and pull it so it's longer than the other ones so I know where to start again after rinsing out the washcloth.

The metal blinds that you have sound like they might be sharp so be careful not to cut yourself. Try not to break the blinds. I haven't cut myself on the blinds but I have broken one of the slats/strips on one of the blinds and it's taped with what looks like clear packing tape.
    Jean

Post Thanks / Like
    hey mash52 how are you doing today-- i made swifter covers for my swifter you can just throw them in the washing machine--when i want to wash the floor i use a spray bottle of floor cleaner and a clean swifter cover---it kind of works like a jet set you spray and wash the floor---cheaper than buying the pads lulu12

11. Thanks mash52 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jean Marie,
    I was hoping you had a magic easy way to clean the slats. It takes so long to do. I've taken them down and hung on the clothesline but sometimes they are hard to get back i and where my hubby isn't feeling great I don't want to ask him. I need to start changing my curtains for spring/summer cleaning. Mr Clean sounds like a good option so I may use that. I have been going for physical therapy for an Achilles Tendon
    and almost finished I hope. The metal blinds are mini's and take a while it's like a triple window size you just have to be sure and dry good so they don't rust to expensive to replace. Thanks for your help.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Wabash Woman,
    I use the lighter sheer curtains they do make the room a little lighter. Our bedroom and bath I have a little heavier curtain but it's summer and the windows are not open now so it makes it a little darker but in the winter it's good I can close them across and it keeps some cold out and the light I can't sleep i it is light coming in the bedroom.. I'm also going thru things to get rid of after a while you just seem to have so many things your not using anymore. I usually give to Goodwill hopefully someone can use them still. Good luck with your cleaning. Sue