Thanks Thanks:  20
Likes Likes:  184
Page 36 of 64 First ... 26343536373846 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bobbie! I, too love books!LOL I have a difficult time parting with my collection of books too. Best wishes on releasing some of yours! I was able to release a few in the last few months. Guess what? My major was Elementary Ed with an English minor and kindergarten specialization. I love literature, writing and language!

Soon, I'll need to build my courage to donate more books. Then, there are the numerous books in my garage...

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

Post Thanks / Like
    Success! I completed the household chores I planned for tonight, plus more! Here's what I accomplished:

~Unloaded the dishwasher
    ~Washed the dishes
    ~Wiped the stovetop
    ~Picked up, put away items in kitchen
    ~Swiffered the family room
    ~Picked up, put away items in family room
    ~Cleaned toilet in water closet
    ~Wiped double sinks and vanity in master bathroom
    ~Picked up, put away items in master bedroom

A Happy Homemaker~Butterflyrose~

Post Thanks / Like
    I even hold onto my books from college. I went to night school while working full time and graduated in 2007. Drury University was my school. It's pouring rain here today, so I should be able to clean my bedroom without feeling guilty.

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats to you for pursuing and realizing your dreams! Did you get your bedroom cleaned?

Post Thanks / Like
    On this leisure day, I found myself doing activities that I enjoy which includes taking care of my home. I usually make daily to-do list, but I wanted to do it a different way today. Today I made task cards listing the household and garden/lawn care chores that I perform around my home. I decorated a file box with scrapbook paper and made colorful patterned tabs also. I also color-coded and used initial letter or first two letters of room as needed for each room or chore for easy return to its tabbed place. Using my task cards, this is what I've done:

~Made my bed
    ~Put away, tossed items on my dresser
    ~Picked up and put away items in my bedroom
    ~Checked my patio garden
    ~ Washed laundry and dried it
    ~Swiffered the family room
    ~Fluffed pillows in family room
    ~Picked up and put away items in family room
    ~ Unloaded dishwasher and washed dishes
    ~Mopped 1/2 of the kitchen

It was FUN using the task cards and seeing them displayed and each task being accomplished!

A Happy Homemaker!~Butterflyrose~

Post Thanks / Like
    *Tip:using vinegar, Dawn dishwashing liquid and a bit of water, I am cleaning the kitchen grout in my ceramic tile floor.

My task cards are working beautifully for me! Today, I've already:

~Made my bed
    ~Tossed foodstuff in refrigerator
    ~Cleaned the tub
    ~Cleaned the toilet
    ~Cleaned vanity
    ~Watered and deheaded indoor plants
    ~Mopped laundry room

To do:

~Unload dishwasher and wash dishes
    ~Vacuum carpet in master bedroom
    ~Wipe built-in magazine rack, light switch plate, hanging rack in water closet
    ~Prep items for charity pickup
    ~Shred papers

Post Thanks / Like
    Actually, I did not get my bedroom cleaned. We had unexpected company and they stayed until late. Monday I had to cover a City Council meeting for the newspaper (yeah, I also work for the local newspaper). This morning I had to get the article typed up and in to the editor before 9. After that I finished the laundry. Maybe I can work on the bedroom tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like
    We have finished our remodeling projects today! Yay! Our kitchen is done and our deck is finished. I'm just thrilled to have a new kitchen and deck. There were some boards on the deck that were really scary but now they have been replaced with trex!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbie5834 View Post
    Actually, I did not get my bedroom cleaned. We had unexpected company and they stayed until late. Monday I had to cover a City Council meeting for the newspaper (yeah, I also work for the local newspaper). This morning I had to get the article typed up and in to the editor before 9. After that I finished the laundry. Maybe I can work on the bedroom tomorrow.
    I hope you had an enjoyable time with your company. You wear many hats and what a blessing that your degree aligns with your different jobs. Enjoy the journey! Congrats on getting your laundry done. And best wishes on cleaning your bedroom! It will get done in due season.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DonnaPBradshaw View Post
    We have finished our remodeling projects today! Yay! Our kitchen is done and our deck is finished. I'm just thrilled to have a new kitchen and deck. There were some boards on the deck that were really scary but now they have been replaced with trex!
    Congrats on getting your deck finished! Give a description of your kitchen please. What materials were used?