Thanks Thanks:  20
Likes Likes:  184
Page 61 of 64 First ... 11515960616263 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like
    What did you make the swifter cover out of. That is a great idea.

Post Thanks / Like
    hey mash52 i made mine out of rug yarn that i got of e bay but you can use any thing i even have one made out of cotton you can use acrylic i was on a roll one day and made several the good part is you can throw them in the washing machine---if you google swifter covers you can get some patterns some people make them fancy and put flowers on them

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ging36ging View Post
    Hi Jean Marie,
    I was hoping you had a magic easy way to clean the slats. It takes so long to do. I've taken them down and hung on the clothesline but sometimes they are hard to get back i and where my hubby isn't feeling great I don't want to ask him. I need to start changing my curtains for spring/summer cleaning. Mr Clean sounds like a good option so I may use that. I have been going for physical therapy for an Achilles Tendon
    and almost finished I hope. The metal blinds are mini's and take a while it's like a triple window size you just have to be sure and dry good so they don't rust to expensive to replace. Thanks for your help.
    Hi ging36ging,
    You can leave the blinds on the window and clean each slat with a washcloth.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ging36ging View Post
    Hi Wabash Woman,
    I use the lighter sheer curtains they do make the room a little lighter. Our bedroom and bath I have a little heavier curtain but it's summer and the windows are not open now so it makes it a little darker but in the winter it's good I can close them across and it keeps some cold out and the light I can't sleep i it is light coming in the bedroom.. I'm also going thru things to get rid of after a while you just seem to have so many things your not using anymore. I usually give to Goodwill hopefully someone can use them still. Good luck with your cleaning. Sue
    Hi Sue,
    You can put cardboard in the windows to make it darker.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mash52 View Post
    I can't afford no wet refills just yet. They are good. I just had what came with it. But I managed to get dry pads again.
    I've found that the cheaper wet refills do not retain their moisture, so I always buy the Swiffer wet refills. But some of the cheaper dry refills do the job well.

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

6. Thanks mash52 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Really! The cheap ones do just as good.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok Sound s good. I may have some rug yarn. I will have to check. Good idea. Thanks lulu.

Post Thanks / Like
    your welcome mash52--i just washed my kitchen floor this morning--if you dont have rug yarn you could use acrylic or cotton i have made the covers out of both

10. Thanks mash52 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    i have even used an old wash cloth and poked it down the little holes in the swifter

12. Thanks mash52 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    You sure come with some great ideas. I didn't even think of wash cloth. That would work. Until I can make some. Or until I get the yarn to make them. Thanks again.