Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  113
Page 61 of 84 First ... 1151596061626371 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Butterflyrose,
    Just wondering if your middle name is Rose. I wanted to say Beverly Rose.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jean Marie,
    No to answer your question.
    ~Butterflyrose~

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

Post Thanks / Like
    It's been a few days...News Update

Good morning Dear Ladies,

It's really early! I woke up at 5:23 this morning after a good nite's sleep. I went to bed early, so I woke up extra early by at least 3 hours. It has rained overnite which is good for the land and vegetation. The quiet sounds of morning always encapsulate me in a mood of thanksgiving. Thank you God for a new day, full of promise and opportunities.

Recently, I wrote about the daily plans that I make, but ALWAYS being aware that they can always change. Yesterday was that type of day. My plans were to do household chores and take my car to have the air conditioning system checked. As I was preparing to dress for the day; my younger DD called to say she was having dental surgery done rather than just the anticipated visit to the dentist. My plans changed immediately and my older DD and I went to the dentist's office to wait while she had surgery. The outcome was fantastic and I thank God for it!

After returning home, I went to the car repair shop and the air conditioning part was replaced in my car. Now, I'm prepared for the hot days ahead! Of course, being so close to stores, I couldn't resist going shopping! I enjoyed myself immensly and found all the items that were on my list. Plus some that weren't!lol

On Wednesday, I traveled to the City to attend Bible Study at my church. Studying the Word of God opens doors to wisdom and knowlege about Him. My pastor is anointed to teach God's Holy Word and he teaches precept upon precept, clear and concise. We are studying Exodus 12. Before leaving the City, I went to visit my daddy and to hear about the happenings in his life which included a trip to his hometown.

Upon returning home, my older DD and I went grocery shopping at Sprout's. A new market that was built and opened last month! I'd heard about this store and hoped that one would be built in my city. And now, we have one! This store is comprised mainly of veggies, breads and gourmet varieties of the forenamed items. We bought strawberries, mango, bananas, grapes, oranges, lettuce and tomatoes on the vine. And I bought a tomato plant that is 18 inches tall for $5.00! Now I have a headstart on fresh tomatoes for summer! At another store, I bought a red cabbage. 1st time buying red cabbage; it will be a new experience for me to cook red cabbage. And I can never resist buying French bread for making mini sandwiches, plain or eating lightly toasted with a favorite spread! Today, I'll have a slice with peach preserves, boiled egg and sliced hot link along with coffee for breakfast.

It's raining now! So again, there may be a slight change of plans. I'm ready and prepared to follow and be lead by God today. Enjoy your day!

God bless you all!~Butterflyrose~
    Last edited by Butterflyrose; 04-24-2015 at 08:47 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

What a gorgeous day it is! The sun is shining brilliantly and the temp is ohhhh so nice.

This week has been full of activity, just the way I like it! On Saturday, I planted corn, salad mix, broccoli, cucumbers and sweet pea flower seeds. It was so exhilerating to begin gardening season! Sunday, I was truly blessed as my younger DD could attend church with my older DD and I. Younger DD normally is at work during this time, but went to work later that day! Our pastor's scripture reference: Matthew 26:1-13. "God is fighting your battle at the same time negativity is taking place." Pastor is bold and delivers God's Word to bring understanding about His nature. What a blessing! We stopped for take-out, came home and enjoyed our meal and one another's company.

On Monday and Tuesday, I spent the day cleaning and refreshing my home. Meatloaf is a fave of ours, so I prepared two meatloaves on Monday. Tuesday, the lawn service came and mowed, so the lawn looks well-maintained, fresh and pristine. On Wednesday, my younger DD and I traveled to the City to attend Bible Study. We are studying Exodus 12. After Bible Study, we went to another part of the City to get bbque dinners from Off Tha' Bone. It was a tasty meal! After eating, my older daughter and I went to Michael's, CVS and Sonic. At Michael's, I bought a skein of variegated yarn in yellow and embellishments for my planner and for cardmaking. At CVS, I bought some pretty handkerchiefs to carry to church. And yesterday, was a TOTAL day of rest and relaxation for me! Awwww...I did enjoy the day! Today, I'm waiting to see how the plans that God has for me unfold...

Enjoy your day Dear Ladies! God bless you.~Butterflyrose~

Post Thanks / Like
    Good afternoon Ladies,

Today is a beautiful partly cloudy day with the wind strongly blowing the tree leaves. Checking my patio garden, I found more veggie seedlings growing and the appearance of hollyhocks seedlings.

This has been another week of fun and activity at home and away from home. I find pleasure and enjoyment in my daily living. Reading my Bible and Bible Study increases my knowledge base and devotion to God and His ways. Adding to my vision board as needed is a visual and crucial reminder of my life goals. Using my planner certainly keeps me aware of what I plan to do daily!

On Sunday, I drove to the City to attend church and took the "Appreciation Basket" that I give to my pastor and wife usually monthly. The basket was filled with detergent, fabric softner sheets, body soap, scented lotion, tea, Living magazine, yarn, crochet lite hook, replacement batteries for the hook and another special gift. Pastor's wife is a crocheter! The church service was a blessing to me! We had members of my high school alumi to worship with us and it was wonderful to see those whom I've not seen in years.

After church, I stopped to visit with my daddy and his mama cat had given birth to 5 kittens. My daddy is a real cat lover! He wanted to give me a kitten, but I don't have the necessary time to care for a kitten. So, he'll be looking for good homes for a few of them.

Tuesday, I did maintanence household chores and clerical work. The more organized my home is becoming, the less time it takes to maintain it. I love the atmosphere and look of my home!

Wednesday, my younger DD and I traveled to the City to attend Bible Study at our church. We began studying Exodus 13, taught by our pastor. My pastor is an anointed teacher of the Word. We are increasing in attendance at Bible Study. After Bible Study, we went to Dave & Buster's and had lunch. I had a shrimp platter w/fries and an apple pecan salad. After eating, we played some games. I especially like playing Dream Raiders and Pac Man! Later that evening, I went shopping and found the glass canisters that I was looking for to reorganize my pantry. Chalk can be used on them to write what food product is in the canister.

This week, I've cooked chicken in the crockpot using chile and roasted garlic cooking sauce, rice, baked squash(1st time), hamburger to name a few dishes.

Now, it's time for me to make a to-do list and get busy!

Have a wonderfully blessed day!~Butterflyrose~
    Last edited by Butterflyrose; 05-08-2015 at 04:42 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Today was a gorgeous day. I read my bible this morning along with my daily devotions. Then I did the dishes. Didn't do too much because it was so hot and we had an air quality alert today. I did go out in my pool for a little bit. Felt so good. I also started sewing a fourth of July apron, mitt, and potholder. I crocheted a set of patriotic coasters this past week.

Something wonderful happened a few weeks ago and I just have to share it. As you know a while back we had some problems with a close relative. Well, I wrote to this person and in the letter I wrote the prayer of salvation. I told him how much God loved him and that God would forgive him just as me and my kids have forgiven him. Well, I got a letter from him a few days ago and he thanked me for the prayer and he said he prayed it and will continue to pray it and he accepted the Lord into his heart. He said he knows God has forgiven him but right now he is having a hard time forgiving himself. What a glorious day. All I could do was rejoice and thank the Lord and praise Him.

I have not been on much I have not felt good, also have had quite a few doctor appointments. I had injections in my hips a few weeks ago and have to go to get them again the 27th. Also last month was very hectic and stressful but I thank the Lord for keeping me strong through it all. I had my grandson most of the month and it was just too much for me. I was so exhausted by the end of the month. I go to see my new doctor on Tuesday.

We had a new recipe this week. It was called apple pie pork chops. Tonight we had chicken and fried potatoes and the night before last had homemade lasagna.

I got some flower planted in my pots. Going to wait for a little bit to plant my flower bed and that because we have 2 homes that are bigger then what we live in that are possibilities for a move. We are just waiting on the Lord and also on the landlords. One is a house and one is a double wide trailer. they are both nice. God is sure blessing us. Praise the Lord. It is just in God's timing.They are both just down the street from where we live. We are going to keep looking but the landlord's are going to keep us in mind when they are ready.

If they are not ready by next month I will go ahead and plant some stuff but not a lot.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sonnetta, what wonderful news that your letter touched his heart and He received Jesus Christ as his Lord and Savior. Praise the Lord! Like you, I haven't been on CT. It's been a week! Springtime along with my activities keep me busy! I pray that the hip injections help and strengthen you Sonnetta. Please get as much rest and relaxation as you can. That apple pie pork chop sounds like a tasty recipe! I pray that you are blessed to move to the home of your choice.(((HUGS)))~Butterflyrose~

Post Thanks / Like
    Good evening Dear Ladies,

I pray that you're having a wonderful Mother's Day weekend. On this rainy and cloudy day, my older DD and I traveled to the City. What a wonderful daughter she is to travel on a day like today! I wanted to attend a meeting at our church provided by a financial organization. The information that was provided was of great interest to me. This company generously provided breakfast too. Having already eaten, I sampled a sausage kolache and had a cup of coffee.

After returning home, we left again and went shopping. We then traveled to a different city to shop. I wanted to buy a complementary piece for my ecru crochet lace skirt. I found a beautiful ecru top made of crochet and fine sheer lace. As it was sleeveless, I wanted a cardigan to wear with it to church. My daughter picked out a lovely orange cardigan. Then, I decided I wanted shoes to complement the skirt, top and cardigan. I was able to find a beautiful pair of fabric multi-colored heels that had orange in them. Now, my outfit is complete! I already have the perfect jewelry to wear. Shopping, a perfect way to enjoy the continuation of my Mother's Day celebration!

Then, we stopped and picked up a meal at Sonic's. Now, I'm relaxing and planning my evening which will include a few to-dos. I'm enjoying every minute of my days and nites. I pray that JOY is abundant in everyone's life!

May God bless you!~Butterflyrose~
    Last edited by Butterflyrose; 05-09-2015 at 06:09 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

It is a beautiful overcast day after previous days of rainy, thunderous storms. I can hear the birds chirping merrily this morning welcoming this springtime day. It is a lovely day!

On Sunday, I had planned to go to church as usual. The weather was so stormy that we decided to remain at home instead of attempting the 25 mile drive to the City. I really missed hearing God's Word being preached by my pastor! Yet, I could already see that the day had been well-planned for me. It was Mother's Day!

My Daughters Made Mother's Day Special for me...

The central island was full of gifts for me! Three dozen flowers(pink roses, pink and white tulips and stargazer lilies), a pair of tan and gold accent heeled sandals, a pair of black bejeweled sandals, a gorgeous white lace embroidered sleeveless blouse, black bermuda shorts, butterfly design journal, handmade planner accessories, commercially bought planner accessories, gourmet peppers and handmilled soap. My daughters truly know my taste! My daughters also bought my dinner from a favorite bbq restaurant. For dessert, a carrot cake which is one of my favorites! Wow, was my day made special by them! I had also been given some pre-Mother's Day gifts earlier:special beauty products and a trip to Dave & Buster's to kick off my Mother's Day celebration. I feel so blessed knowing that I am so appreciated and well-loved by my daughters. LOL...here's a sideview of my flowers!
    Attached Images Attached Images Roll Call for The Night Owls/Daytime Chat Season 30-mdflowers-jpg 
    Last edited by Butterflyrose; 05-12-2015 at 05:25 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Dear Ladies,

Today is a gorgeous day! It's partly cloudy and the sun seemingly wants to burst through the clouds. The trees are swaying gently in the wind. The quiteness of the day is lovely as I go about my day at home. I plan to accomplish my list of to-dos and relax and enjoy the day as I go. My younger DD invited me to a movie today, but I decided to remain at home to do household chores.

Yesterday, my younger DD and I traveled to the City to attend Bible Study at our church. We completed Exodus 14. In Bible Study, our pastor teaches precept upon precept along with translating words from English to Hebrew. It's a real learning environment for us! After Bible Study, we went shopping in the City. Surprisingly, I didn't find anything on this shopping trip! But, there's always the next

I must gather items for my charity donations as part of my to-dos for today. Clutter is becoming very minimal in my home. The work that I'm doing to declutter, organize and clean is really paying off. I'm excited about the outcome! May you enjoy your day!(((HUGS)))~Butterflyrose~