Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  113
Page 11 of 84 First ... 9101112132161 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good morning Dear Ladies and Gents,

Today is a very cold day considering the season and the past temps in November. It's 30 degrees! But it's cozy warm in my home! I am snuggly warm and I thank God for central heat. I hope that you're comfortable in your particular temp at this time of year too.

Yesterday was a very busy day for me. Morning Bible Study at church and shopping during the afternoon. My younger daughter invited me out to a late dinner. We went to Razzoo's Cajun Cafe. The ambience was entertaining and delightful and the food was amazing! This is the decor that I viewed: boat paddle, license plates and photos on the board plank walls from the state of Louisiana, stuffed bobcat, deer head and a raccoon in a bucket, horseshoe, plenty of washboards on the wall and fishnets. There were gigantic wooden frog statues and fish w/hooks too. The light fixture was creative:fishing rods, metal fish, metal lobster, giant bobbles and colored light bulbs in red, yellow and green. A divider was made from bottles of different colors, shapes and sizes to separate the bar from the dining area.

For dinner, I ordered the cajun combo skillet:cajun grilled andouille sausage, etoufee, zesty shimp creole, red beanz 'N' rice, corn on the cob and toasted french bread. And peach lemonade! What a tasty meal, all served in a skillet!

Today, I'll work on the doll blanket, continue bathroom cleanup and fold/hang/put away laundry. Of course, my plans can always change! Enjoy your day and God bless you!

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi everyone. It's been a bit hectic the past few days. I had to emergency babysit for my neighbor on Sunday night while she took her hubby to the ER (hurt his eye, scratched cornea but he is doing fine, went back to work today). Then I was out with my friend and her two little granddaughters on Tuesday, the oldest one who is 4 1/2, advised her she would not go anywhere unless I was with them. So she called me last week and said please tell me you are free on Tuesday, I was so we all spent the day together. Then today I babysat again for my neighbor (this was a planned sit since she asked me a couple of weeks ago). And in between, have been doing more cleanup and giving away more stuff and crocheting, laundry, walking, normal cleaning like vacuuming, etc.

We are getting colder than normal temps also in my area. Going to lightly rain overnight with some wet mushy snowflakes thrown in for good measure, LOL. Nothing major, will just be on the grassy areas. Too early for snow for me. As I get older (oh no), I like it even less.

Will be crocheting later on, currently have a prayer shawl and two afghans going at the same time.

Hope everyone is doing well, see ya later, my friends.

Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    Good evening ladies. It is cold today. We are getting a little snow flurries here tonight. It is sticking a little on my porch railing. I have just been sitting and watching movies and I started working on a purple cowl. It is med. purple Will be pretty when it is done. It is done in a basket weave stitch pattern. I still have my cold and still hurting especially my ribs. It is getting down into my chest but I know the Lord will make me better soon. We are supposed to get more on Sunday only it is supposed to accumulate more. I am just taking it easy and doing a little at a time. My daughter and grandson are coming here next wednesday to stay for a few days. I just have to take it easy and get back to almost normal before Thanksgiving. Read my bible this morning and talked to God. I hope you enjoy your evening and God bless all of you. Until tomorrow Sonnetta

Post Thanks / Like
    Good morning everyone. It is cold but a beautiful day. God has painted us a white portrait this morning. Everything is white. We got snow last night and is still coming down. We are supposed to get up to 4 inches today but it is beautiful. Noone can paint a picture like God can. I just had m coffee. I am feeling a little better today. Still a little weak and neck hurts a little and still coughing but other then that feeling better. I am going to work on some crafts today. Have a doctor appointment day after tomorrow. I read my bible this morning so now I can start my day feeling wonderful inside even though my body says different my mind and heart say I am wonderful.I always feel at peace after reading it. There is just nothing better then starting the day reading God's word and talking to Him.
    I am thinking of reorganizing the living room soon. Might wait till after Christmas. Going to have to get some wood for our fireplace. I have enough left for a little while but will have to get more before the winter is over. Thinking of having a fire tonight and tomorrow since the windchills are supposed to feel like it is below zero. Only supposed to be in the 20's and teens. Hope you all have a wonderful day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello! It s Monday here
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello everyone!
    We woke up to 3 1/2 inches of snow today! it is very pretty, but I do not like it. I am NOT a cold weather person at all! The temperature was 31 degrees when we woke up, but has now dropped to 25. BRRRRRRR!!!! Thankfully, we do not have to go out today, although Bill wants to go clear off the driveway. We have a 250 foot gravel driveway, so he won't be clearing all of it! Just the top of the hill by the house.

I will spend the day crocheting and finishing my library book for Book Club. I will probably play a few computer games too. I also need to go wash my hair. So, my day is planned. I'm looking out my back patio door at the poor birds and am thankful I'm not a bird!! (or any other outside critter!)

Time to go make grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup for lunch. (Bill's request)

For those of you in cold parts of the country, stay warm. For those of you in the warmer parts, PLEASE SEND SOME WARM WEATHER OUR WAY!!!!! Ha, ha!!

~~ Hugs, Jo
    A Travelling Baehr Gathers No Moss!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Dear Ladies and Gents,

We are also having the winter-like weather. We actually had snow flurries last night which is quite unusual and rare in my area. It was beautiful! It is quite cold outside so I am making quick trips in and out throughout the day. Thank God for the provisions that He makes no matter the season!

I have been nestling in and so far, I've made a few greeting cards. Also, gathered my items for this morning's charity pickup! I sorted through a box of books and even gave a couple of them away. I really love my books! For the next pickup, I am going to part with a few more. I've done some clerical work and organized it with just a bit more to go. Tomorrow's to-do list! My indoor plants have been watered and were they thirsty!

Yesterday, I made tacos and hamburgers. I also made myself a salad of lettuce, tomatoes, onions and dried cranberries. It was delicious! I have all the fixings for banana pudding, just waiting to be made. Mmmm, won't that be delicious? For breakfast, I made an omelette of eggs, tomatoes and jalapeno peppers, smoked sausage and toast.

Yesterday, I added more names to my ever- growing Christmas card list. To stay ahead, I'll need to start addressing them very soon. Time is ticking away! The excitement of the coming holidays is upon me. I love it!

Take care All and God bless you!<3
    Last edited by Butterflyrose; 11-18-2014 at 06:15 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good morning Ladies and Gents,

Another beautiful cold morning outside! I am warm and cozy in my home. I am so thankful for God's provisions in my life. I can not thank Him enough.

I have yet to plant the begonias, dusty miller and grasses that I bought a couple of weeks ago outside. The cold weather sneaked upon me! These plants make for a beautiful inside garden. Hopefully, I'll get to plant them outside. My indoor plants are doing well too! Much of my fall garden did not survive the weather change. Watching to see what will live!

Last night my older daughter and I dropped books off at the library. We stopped at Dairy Queen to pick up steak finger baskets for dinner. Delicious! We also stopped by Sonic. For breakfast, I'm having a fresh fruit salad of grapes, bananas and dried cranberries with a bowl of peaches and creme oatmeal. A steaming hot cup of coffee will finish off my breakfast.

Then, on to my activities that make my day!

Enjoy your day and God bless you.<3

Post Thanks / Like
    Good morning ladies. It is pretty cold here this morning. Got down in the teens last night with windchill below zero and is the same right now. I have a nice fire going in the fireplace. Had my morning coffee and read the bible this morning now going to start my day. Still not feeling real good but better then the other day. Have to go to the doctor tomorrow. Going to work on finishing my plastic canvas snowman door hanging today then later this afternoon going to work on my cowl. I hope everyone is keeping warm and having a wonderful day. I thank the Lord for helping me through this week with all I have had to endure and keeping me strong. I want to thank Him for each beautiful day that I can wake up and enjoy His creations.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Dear Ladies and Gents,

Today has been the warmest day in quite a few days! The sun is shining brightly as if welcoming this area to the change in weather. I am excited about this beautiful day! Besides having written a poem this morning(see thread "Dear Santa..." in General Chit Chat), I am enjoying the company of my daughters. My younger daughter treated us to take- out from Waffle House. My meal consists of waffles, sausage, cheesy eggs and a hash brown with jalapeno peppers and onion. I'll be eating later as I'd already eaten breakfast. Oh, the laughter, joy and conversations we share is like none other! We have fun together!

Yesterday, I had so much fun working on my pen pal junk journal. I have a few more pages to finish. I also finished another greeting card!

Have a wonderful day!