Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

“I know my Character should always be stronger than my Circumstances! “

On June 13thof this summer I went into the E.R. because of complications with chest, stomach and abdomen pain. Given that I had some similar symptoms from back in October of 2013, which was severe damage to the lining of my stomach caused mostly from over the counter Advil Sinus & Cold that I had been taking to treat headaches for over 6 years, which is another story all in itself. So, they decided to do another Gastroscopy but this time the results were mild.

They did further test consisting of CAT scan x-rays and a week later I was told that a nodule was spotted on my right lung, and mild emphysema. So I had a lung biopsy done on July 24th, which was non-diagnostic, and had to have a second one performed (core biopsy) on August 18th, which was brutal to say the least. They had to freeze me three times, and an hour later my lung collapsed. I then got all the results back from the PET, CT, PF, and Echocardiogram once again in conclusive.

Being that there were complications with the last biopsy and that I have had two, they are not going to do another one, nor would I want to go through it again. The oncologist said that even though they are not 100% certain it is cancer, she feels removing it would enable them to take a better look at it. She told me to think about it, talk it over with my family and get back to her. Seeing that I had both my daughters there with me, and given that it has increased a centimeter and a half since July (which is rather rapid), and the tumor cells were active and took up more sugar (glucose) than normal cells in both my lung and chest it seems like the best course of action, although preventative surgery is always better.

I also went to the Breast Institute yesterday because they are also suspicious there is something going on with my right breast. The doctor says I will need a biopsy of the breast, which is to take place this Friday. Not to mention that I have been suffering with chronic headaches that have now in the last week become progressively worse, they are looking into that also. I have nausea every night, along with other symptoms that apparently have nothing to do with my lungs. My family doctor has put me on a new medication to help with the nausea and headaches.

Breast Biopsy-Friday, October 3rd & Lung Surgery-Monday, October 6th.

I have been holding up trying to keep busy but most of all remaining strong especially around my daughters and grandchildren. It's challenging as I have been increasingly more anxious and nervous as it gets closer. Hopefully it will be a successful surgery but there is always risks involved.

I felt compelled to share with those who may be going through similar...know your not alone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to hear about all you are going through. Sometimes we go through things and look back only to see how strong we were considering what we were going through. Our thoughts and prayers are with you!

Post Thanks / Like
    I will be thinking of you when you go through your surgeries.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, it is very comforting to know that thoughts and prayers are being offered

Post Thanks / Like
    Prayers hun. Keep your eyes on God, and trust Him and He will keep you safe.

Post Thanks / Like
    so sorry you are going through all of this. however, i think it's wise to check it all out as , while it's unpleasant, it's necessary to make sure you are healthy...being strong is wonderful and admirable, but if you hit a weak point please don't feel you need to hide it from your family. They also need to learn that it's ok to be scared and concerned

Post Thanks / Like
    Just letting you know my thoughts and prayers are with you during this time that all goes well, any type of surgery or biopsy can be very intimidating. But remember, the power of prayer can be very strong.

Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    My Dear Belyn, I am sorry I am just seeing this post but due to current situation I find myself in I have not been here much. So glad to have seen this it will give me time to petition the Lord on your behalf for successful surgeries on the 3rd and the 6th! Do you know what I time the surgeries are? Anytime we go through something new it is frightening especially when cancer is even mentioned. You are not weak for being anxious and nervous you are being human!!! I'm sure your family would understand that too!! Give them the gift and opportunity to pray for you let them be a blessing to you as I'm sure you have been to them. There are many prayer warriors here at ct and we will be praying for you night and day and for your family. May God bless you with His peace and comfort. Love, prayers and (((hugs))) Winnie

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Belyn View Post
    On June 13thof this summer I went into the E.R. because of complications with chest, stomach and abdomen pain. Given that I had some similar symptoms from back in October of 2013, which was severe damage to the lining of my stomach caused mostly from over the counter Advil Sinus & Cold that I had been taking to treat headaches for over 6 years, which is another story all in itself. So, they decided to do another Gastroscopy but this time the results were mild.

They did further test consisting of CAT scan x-rays and a week later I was told that a nodule was spotted on my right lung, and mild emphysema. So I had a lung biopsy done on July 24th, which was non-diagnostic, and had to have a second one performed (core biopsy) on August 18th, which was brutal to say the least. They had to freeze me three times, and an hour later my lung collapsed. I then got all the results back from the PET, CT, PF, and Echocardiogram once again in conclusive.

Being that there were complications with the last biopsy and that I have had two, they are not going to do another one, nor would I want to go through it again. The oncologist said that even though they are not 100% certain it is cancer, she feels removing it would enable them to take a better look at it. She told me to think about it, talk it over with my family and get back to her. Seeing that I had both my daughters there with me, and given that it has increased a centimeter and a half since July (which is rather rapid), and the tumor cells were active and took up more sugar (glucose) than normal cells in both my lung and chest it seems like the best course of action, although preventative surgery is always better.

I also went to the Breast Institute yesterday because they are also suspicious there is something going on with my right breast. The doctor says I will need a biopsy of the breast, which is to take place this Friday. Not to mention that I have been suffering with chronic headaches that have now in the last week become progressively worse, they are looking into that also. I have nausea every night, along with other symptoms that apparently have nothing to do with my lungs. My family doctor has put me on a new medication to help with the nausea and headaches.

Breast Biopsy-Friday, October 3rd & Lung Surgery-Monday, October 6th.

I have been holding up trying to keep busy but most of all remaining strong especially around my daughters and grandchildren. It's challenging as I have been increasingly more anxious and nervous as it gets closer. Hopefully it will be a successful surgery but there is always risks involved.

I felt compelled to share with those who may be going through similar...know your not alone.
    Hello Belyn, I know we have never talked before and I know you are trying to hold on and keep calm. I also know it's hard to do with everything being thrown at you at once. As you may or may not know, I was diagnosed with breast cancer in June. I found the lump in my breast as I went to get in the shower and was very surprised. I hadn't had any pain. I hadn't had a mammogram for 10 years! Since finding the lump I have gone to my family doctor on June16th. She confirmed there was a lump and made apptmts for me for: a mammogram on June 19th, for a biopsy on June 26th, the surgeon July 8th, an oncologist on July 16th, and for surgery on July 21st.

Then there was apptmts for a return visit with the surgeon and oncologist on July 29th, an apptmt with the radiologtst on July 31st, another apptmt with the surgeon on August 12th, another apptmt with the oncologist August 14th, and again with the oncologist on August 20th. I have stage 2 invasive ductal carcinoma. I began radiation treatments on August 27th. and every day Mon thru Friday since then, (none on Sat and Sun or Labor Day). My last radiation s/b Oct 13th.

When I went to my family doctor I decided to unload my problem on her and besides the cancer problem I had been having problems with the bladder surgery, so she had made an apptmt with the doctor who had performed it and then I cancelled it when I found I had breast surgery and haven't made another one yet. The cancer was first on my list to take care of. Also I had been worried about lung cancer since my sister and mom both passed away with it . So there was a lung X-ray scheduled also and it was OK. I have also been having back problems so my doctor also made an apptmt for that.

But there was several days that I had 2 apptmts and one day there was 3 doctor aptmts, I literally met myself coming and going that day! I was confused on which way to go next and thank God my friend went with me and helped me keep track of where I was to go next. (She is just the best friend ever!) At the same time my car quit running and I was worried as to how I was going to get to all the apptmts but my friend came thru for me.

So far I have been able to keep a positive outlook on all this with the help of God and my friends praying for me. I owe a lot to all my Crochet friends out there. I have done great thru all the radiation treatments and so far I am not really any more tired than I usually am. I do get sleepy a lot more than usual. Maybe that is the way the radiation affects me. You are right when you say "you're not alone out there". I will be praying for you Belyn, I only hope you do as well as I feel I am doing. Love to you and you keep hanging in there! We will beat this thing together! Your friend, Patty
    Last edited by redhead; 10-01-2014 at 05:37 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    May the lord give you comfort and strength in the days ahead. Know that we are here for you!