Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Hey

My favorite thing about the fall is all the colors of the leaves when they turn.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LI Roe View Post
    I also love the cool, crisp weather and the fall foliage. I am on LI and while we have some color, it is not nearly as beautiful as upstate NY.

Roe
    Hi Roe! I know, I remember...and I surely miss home. We DID get some nice red, rust, and yellow leaves on Long Island, but upstate NY was and still is, I'm sure, absolutely gorgeous!
    Karen

Post Thanks / Like
    I am from NY and miss those cool crisp mornings when you needed a sweater, but it warmed up by afternoon. I do miss the beautiful colors of the various trees, here is kind of hit or miss when it comes to fall color. But I couldn't stand the cold anymore and I really like where I am now! It will get cooler eventually!

Post Thanks / Like
    The best thing about the fall season is seeing the leaves turn colors then fall off the tree. So cold outside that I snuggle up in my bed and get some yarn and needle then get something hot to drink and make something. I feel like I am in another world. I have to get it done asap so I will work on it for hours and hours.

Post Thanks / Like
    The changing of the colors is always a favorite of mine, and watching the fields turn from green to yellow or brown a then seeing the ground turn black after the crop has been harvested. Bon Fires, good memories and good talks around the camp fires when I was younger, miss those days!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mamamiaow View Post
    I am from NY and miss those cool crisp mornings when you needed a sweater, but it warmed up by afternoon. I do miss the beautiful colors of the various trees, here is kind of hit or miss when it comes to fall color. But I couldn't stand the cold anymore and I really like where I am now! It will get cooler eventually!
    Hi Mamamiaow! I'm Karen, born in Brooklyn, NY, raised on Long Island. Do you mind if I ask where in New York are you from? Nice to meet a fellow New Yorker. Take Good Care.

The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Larisa,

I haven't forgotten your request for red leaves. The trees are just starting to turn color here, so I will be finding your red leaf soon. Have patience, it will arrive.
    ~~ Hugs, Dear Friend, Jo ♥

Quote Originally Posted by kl1000 View Post
    Red leaves! I asked some ladies to send me red leaf. We do not have them here. But I did not get anything yet. I know post stamps are expensive
    A Travelling Baehr Gathers No Moss!!

The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    My husband and I take "Leaf Drives" every day in the Fall. Sometimes we drive for hours and go far from home. Other days, we may just drive around our own neighborhood, oohing and aahing at the beauty of nature in it's Fall splendor. I have many beautiful photos of the color we have seen over the years.
    A Travelling Baehr Gathers No Moss!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Karen, I was born in Suffern, raised in Pearl River, in Rockland County. My DH was born in Manhattan, lived there til he was 15, then moved to Pearl River! Many of my college roommates at Oneonta State were from LI! After we married, we lived in Suffern, then Moved to NJ, then were transferred here. I really do love it here, but miss the Fall as we used to know it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Fall is so beautiful! Love the cool at night and warm days. Piles of fallen leaves that crunch when you walk through them. Seeing the newly planted wheat poke through the soil in even, long rows of green. Watching the combines cutting rust red Milo. The bright chrysanthems blooming, the smell of woodsmoke on the breeze. Fresh, homegrown apples so crisp and sweet when you bite into one. The taste of hot apple cider with cinnamon and nutmeg. Picking pumpkins. Shall I go on?