Thanks Thanks:  15
Likes Likes:  12
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like

Need Advice Please

I have some acrylic yarn left that my daughter picked out for herself and I was wondering what kind of kitchen things or household things or wall decorations I could make for her to use up the yarn. The colors are pearl (white), medium green and brown. She likes the camo colors. Any advice would be much appreciated. I've already made her an afghan, table runner and a pair of fingerless gloves. I thought about some coasters but not sure how the acrylic yarn will absorb the water evaporation on the glasses. Thank you so much for your help. xoxoxo Lynda

Post Thanks / Like
    I think a scarf would be nice, or a pillow for her bed.

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    Pixieglitter, those are 2 nice ideas. I do have some quilter's polyester batting that was given to me by my sister in-law but the thing is I've never done a pillow before. The unknown makes me nervous. Do you have an easy pillow pattern I could use? Would it be ok to use the quilter's batting as stuffing for a pillow? Thank you Shelley.

Post Thanks / Like
    Make a dress for dish soap bottle. I don't have a pattern but should be able to locate some on line.

Post Thanks / Like
    Charlye, that's another good idea. Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Lynda Fey, I've never actually stuffed a pillow I've always used a pillow form. Walmart sells them. And I don't use a pattern. If you buy a pillow form you'll be able to crochet a front side and back side, and then sew them together with yarn. I've also crocheted pillow covers for throw pillows that I've picked up in thrift stores.

Shelley

7. Likes Su O liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]9954[/ATTACH]

I have made my own pillow insert since I have done a heart pillow and you can't really find a pillow form for that. Not that hard, just trace out the fabric over one pillow side and add a little more (I like my pillows nice and stuffed) and cut out two pieces, stuff and sew up the opening. Then just start to crochet the pillow around it. These are two of them that I did my own pillow.

Roe
    Attached Images Attached Images Need Advice Please-soft-white-light-sage-pillows-jpg 

9. Likes missro007 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Shelley, thank you. I think I can do that. Sounds pretty easy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Roe, your pillows are so pretty. You did a great job! I don't have a sewing machine but I think I could sew up the edges and cover with lace or something. Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think I am going to get me a sewing machine, but just a cheap one. I have lost so much weight all my clothes just hang on me so I think I am going so take them up, if I can remember how.

13. Likes DinahRoberts, missro007 liked this post