Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: I am home now

Post Thanks / Like

I am home now

Good afternoon everyone. I just got home about 30 minutes ago. I want to thank you all for your prayers. The surgery went well but was pretty painful at some points. They did not put me totally under because they wanted me to answer questions but I was under enough to be half out of it. But then they put me further under when he started the burning part. They just kept giving me the medicine to make me sleepy a little at a time. I am still half out of it and I am quite sore. Right now I cant hardly walk or straighten up but he said that will get better over the next few days. I am just supposed to sit and rest today and take it easy the next few days and not do much. i have to take ibprofin for pain and put ice on my back
    The Lord kept me strong and helped me to endure the more painful parts of it. I like my doctor he explained everything and even came in and checked on me after it was done. I like the nurses at the surgery center also they keep asking if you are ok and and they talk to you and rub your arm everyone is so sweet. I think i am going to take a nap now and I will be on later. Thank you for being such wonderful friends. God bless all of you .

2. Thanks Barbara G. thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sonnetta View Post
    Good afternoon everyone. I just got home about 30 minutes ago. I want to thank you all for your prayers. The surgery went well but was pretty painful at some points. They did not put me totally under because they wanted me to answer questions but I was under enough to be half out of it. But then they put me further under when he started the burning part. They just kept giving me the medicine to make me sleepy a little at a time. I am still half out of it and I am quite sore. Right now I cant hardly walk or straighten up but he said that will get better over the next few days. I am just supposed to sit and rest today and take it easy the next few days and not do much. i have to take ibprofin for pain and put ice on my back
    The Lord kept me strong and helped me to endure the more painful parts of it. I like my doctor he explained everything and even came in and checked on me after it was done. I like the nurses at the surgery center also they keep asking if you are ok and and they talk to you and rub your arm everyone is so sweet. I think i am going to take a nap now and I will be on later. Thank you for being such wonderful friends. God bless all of you .
    Oh, look at you, home already! I'll check in with you via email, my dear friend. Glad all went well
    Karen

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Sonnetta, been so busy today I just saw this. So glad you are home and you got home pretty quick too!! I have to say I have never heard of this procedure before I pray it will take care of most of your pain if not all. Still praying let us know how you are doing ok? Love, prayers and hugs Winnie

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi sonnetta, I am glad you are thru with your surgery and getting along pretty good.I hope you recover soon and can do the things you like to do with out pain now. Love, Patty

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Sonnetta
    I wish you easy and full recovery.
    Hugs
    Krys
    PS: I always get a smile on my face each time I look at your post and that picture of that cute dog. Because to me in a way looks like that dog is saying all of whatever is in your post. But, that is probably only me. I do have big imaginations! LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you all so much. I am hurting a little more today and feels like I have a sun burn under my skin. I have an ice pack on it right now. The surgery center called me today to see how I was doing. They are so wonderful there. I am just going to basically have to stay down for today. They told me to resume activities very slowly and not overdo. I do get up and walk and walk to bed or the bathroom or to get up and get something to drink but that is about it for now. I thank God for being with me and I know that it is Him that is keeping most of the pain down. I believe I might be feeling more pain if it were not for Him. He never gives us more then we can endure. It is very hard to sit or lay on that side.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Polishgirl View Post
    Hi Sonnetta
    I wish you easy and full recovery.
    Hugs
    Krys
    PS: I always get a smile on my face each time I look at your post and that picture of that cute dog. Because to me in a way looks like that dog is saying all of whatever is in your post. But, that is probably only me. I do have big imaginations! LOL
    LOL I chose that picture because it reminds me of my little beagle. I am glad it makes you smile. Whenever I can make someone smile in any way it makes me feel good. It does sort of look like he is looking at you talking don't it. I guess I never really noticed LOL.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Sonnetta! I am praying for you. Just continue to rest, relax and recuperate!(((Hugs))) to you, my friend.

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Sonnetta,
    I just saw this.
    Jean Marie

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Sonnetta,
    Thinking of you.
    Jean