Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  1
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, Casa de Luna. I'm also disabled due to my back. The pain, as you know, can be all consuming. I agree, these trials we all go through are surely learning lessons....I believe everything happens for a reason....but yes, a breather every once in a while is a real blessing. Are you in CA? I'm in Las Vegas. How long have you been crocheting and what are your favorite things to crochet? Karen

Post Thanks / Like
    Sending thoughts and prayers your way...

Post Thanks / Like
    Sonnetta, I will continue to pray for you. God has given you joy and the strength to have the victory in all things. You see beyond the physical and can see in the spirit the wondrous things that God can do. Just keep trusting God!

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CrochetKaren View Post
    Hi, Casa de Luna. I'm also disabled due to my back. The pain, as you know, can be all consuming. I agree, these trials we all go through are surely learning lessons....I believe everything happens for a reason....but yes, a breather every once in a while is a real blessing. Are you in CA? I'm in Las Vegas. How long have you been crocheting and what are your favorite things to crochet? Karen
    Hi Karen,
    Yes we just moved here from Reno, NV, although Hubby and I both are CA babies from birth to 9 years ago. He got a great job offer in Reno back then so I quit my teaching job and off we went. There is a lot we enjoyed about living in NV. Except for all the snow in Reno and the horrible wind! We have quite a few animals and caring for them in freezing weather made for a real challenge with my back. Now he is retired and has Alzheimers so it was time to move to our *forever spot*. We found a gorgeous little town in the Sierras, on the CA side, that is much closer to kids and grandkids. We love it here so far. Hopefully the folks here are right about the little bit of snow they get. They say a light dusting to a few inches. lol

How long have you lived in Las Vegas? I have a few friends there that are just awesome folks. I've only been there a few times though. I grew up in Southern CA and Arizona so I'm used to the heat but I still find the heat there a little hard to take once it gets over 110. And it sure does! I'm not sure why it seemed worse than AZ or SoCal. I'm not a gambler and the shows there aren't my thing so I usually spend my time in the Red Rock area when I visit there. Those rock formations are fantastic! <3

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Casa de Luna. So you used to live in Reno? I visited Reno once, when my daughter lived there....and outside the city it was very pretty! My daughter had a stream running in her backyard that I loved. I have lived in Vegas since 1996. Moved here from New York because my husband was in construction at the time and there was work here. Just like you and your hubby are CA babies, and and so with New York. Miss my home. Sorry to hear about your back....and your husband's Alzheimers. My Mom suffers from that, and I am the one with the bad back. Degenerative spinal disease...lots and lots of pain. Anyway, so much to be thankful for every single day! And yes, the heat here is almost unbearable. We're in the roughest part of the year right now. Red Rock is pretty, I agree. Next time you have the opp to visit Vegas we'll have to have coffee together! I'd love to hear about your animals. I am an animal lover....have 2 dogs and a guinea pig now...have had many in the past. I'll contact you thru our private email area here and leave you my email address in case you'd like to write sometime. Take Good Care, Karen

6. Thanks Casa de Luna thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll check it now Karen. Thanks.
    If the Music is Good... Then Dance!