Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Study: Deaf and Special Needs

I was just thinking about it... every deaf person I know has a special needs child {no matter how big or small that special need is}.
    So, my question is, are you, or do you know anyone that is, deaf, and do you {or the person you know} have a special needs child?
    One woman I know now was born deaf, and she has a special needs son {6 years old}, but she does also have a 10 year old girl that is not special needs.

Post Thanks / Like
    I personally do not know anyone who is deaf or has a deaf child. I had to stop and think if I personally knew anyone with a special needs child and I was going to say no, until I thought about my cousin's oldest son, who now is in his 30's (they live out of state and I am not in contact with my mom or dads' family any longer, unfortunately it is a long and sad story but it is what needs to be done) who was born with the umbilical cord slightly wrapped around his neck which caused some damage. Is that what you mean? He does have a problem speaking but can understand and from what I remember, can function in various ways. Not sure if that qualifies?

Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Rogue,
    We have someone at our church that signs for the deaf. There's at least one person in our church that is partially deaf.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes I did. My son who past in 2007 at 47 yrs old. I have great Prayers for all Special People Little to Big. God Bless.