Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7
Page 4 of 6 First ... 23456 Last

Post Thanks / Like
    I was raised in Chicago so moving to southern Illinois and living on a 40 acre farm was major change for our family. The first year I wondered if I would ever get used it. Nearly 13 years later, I can't imagine another life. I wish I had grown up here. I have learned so much but it has been a slow process. I don't miss the fast-paced rat race at all. I've taught myself to can, freeze, dehydrate - even butchered chickens. My big city friends can't believe the changes in me but I have to say the Lord has blessed me and I am a happy person.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am a confirmed bookworm. Unfortunately my eyes are slowely giving out so I limit my reading to my favorites.J>D>Robb.R>B>Parker.Debbie macomber,Evonovich,Diane Mott DEavis, & Lillian Braun& others I can,t recall at the moment. I also do 2 crats Christmas showa a year. Wreathes & assorted arrangements,jars with scenes in them are the latest thing I do.I also help when needed at a flower shop here. Keeps me out of the house once in a while.Plus my crocheting lately.I also have 2 kitties.Tuxedo female 5 yrs & tiger stripe male 20 lbs,13 yrs old.Had another male 18 lbs Ragdoll. We lost him a yr ago June. He is very missed, especially the older one. They were constant companions.So the 13 yrs old one(Spookie) became my lap car. He sure wasn,t before. Didn,t bother Oreo(female). Koko was the kind that never saw a person, cat or dog he didn,t like. He greeted everyone.I,m rambling. Sorry!~.

Post Thanks / Like
    Besides crocheting I enjoy a good movie (with hook in hand though).

My partner and I also enjoy restoring and showing classic automobiles. We've done a number of them for ourselves and have had a blast with them. However, I'm no longer as nimble as I once was so I can't do nearly as much of the heavy work any more.

We have a small wood shop where he does furniture refinishing, chair caning and making our soap dishes.

We both enjoy 'puttering' in the kitchen and aren't too bad at coming up with new recipes. I used to do quite a few preserves but now just can't manage it any more.

As we've grown older we've both slowed down a bit.
    Crochetgal on Etsy - Beautiful yarns, affordable prices

Post Thanks / Like
    I love to do scrapbooking when I'm not crocheting! I also love little things and have 2 dollhouses that I've built and furnished. I also like counted cross stitch, but that's a bit more time consuming!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Maryjane View Post
    I love to do scrapbooking when I'm not crocheting! I also love little things and have 2 dollhouses that I've built and furnished. I also like counted cross stitch, but that's a bit more time consuming!
    Building doll houses can be so much fun! My partner built a Victorian style one for a granddaughter a few years ago and had a blast doing it.
    Crochetgal on Etsy - Beautiful yarns, affordable prices

6. Likes Beviboo liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like there are a lot of bookworms out there... myself included. My mother used to tell the story of finding me (at the age of 5) under the covers with a flashlight and one of the volumes of the encyclopedia set reading, in the middle of the night. I don't hide under the covers anymore but I am always reading several books at at time. I really like some of Barbara Taylor Bradfords books. My favorite one is 'A Woman of Substance'... I've read it numerous times and everytime I hate to see the book end.
    Some of my other interests are visiting with friends, playing cards or board games with my g'kids and just recently I've taken up walking...finally. Trying to take some weight off (again)....later all...beverly

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,
    I liked to do crocheting and for 10 years I have been doing machine embroidery. I ditizered some of the designs for the embroidery. I really like to do ornaments for christmas and different reason like valentine hearts,easter & etcs. My sister and I spend every Sunday having craft embroidery. I done a lot of embroidery that is call Fsl standing Lace where you embrodiery on stablizer that is water fabric. After you finish doing the design you put in water for the water stablizer to disolve away. Let it the design dry and put ribbon it to hang on christmas tree.Anyway that what I do for fun.
    Teresa

9. Likes Barbara G., Beviboo liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I do mostly crocheting and plastic canvas. I do some sewing and general crafts. I volunteer with some other seniors making all sorts of handmade items that we sell and we send the proceeds to several charities.
    I also belong to a Home Extension Club where we have classes to teach each other different craft projects and we are also involved in some community service.
    By the way, some of you crafty ladies and gentlemen might be interested in making some butterflies (in any medium) for the Butterfly Project at the Holocaust Museum in Houston, Texas. If you are interested, here is the link with the details:
    The Butterfly Project
    We recently had a craft workshop and we made a lot of butterflies and in a few weeks I will lead a workshop for crocheted and plastic canvas butterflies.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi CvTeresa, You seem to do some very interestincrafts. I'm most interested in the Fsl standing lace embroidery. I have an embroidery sewing machine and have never used it, so far. I've been looking for something interesting to do with it that doesn't involve pillowcases... any how, I'd really appreciate some information on how it is done....thanks beverly (beviboo)

Quote Originally Posted by Beviboo View Post
    Sounds like there are a lot of bookworms out there... myself included. My mother used to tell the story of finding me (at the age of 5) under the covers with a flashlight and one of the volumes of the encyclopedia set reading, in the middle of the night. I don't hide under the covers anymore but I am always reading several books at at time. I really like some of Barbara Taylor Bradfords books. My favorite one is 'A Woman of Substance'... I've read it numerous times and everytime I hate to see the book end.
    Some of my other interests are visiting with friends, playing cards or board games with my g'kids and just recently I've taken up walking...finally. Trying to take some weight off (again)....later all...beverly

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Beverly,
    I learned how to do the lace with Embroidery Library and they have very nice embroidery designs and different project you can do.
    Here is the link to their project with video showing how to do it.
    Embroidery Library Projects - Machine Embroidery Designs Inspired Project Page
    Teresa

13. Likes Beviboo liked this post