Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  48
Page 11 of 16 First ... 910111213 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jean Marie, thank you again for recipes! Yes we are growing butternut squash, yellow squash and zucchini. Have you ever fixed squash or zucchini on the grill? Yummy!! Oh wow tomato preserves!! My grandmother used to make them when we were kids and I still love them. You can't buy them very many places unless you go down south. So maybe we should just make our own hmmm! As for apples yes you can freeze them if you are just using them for pies or jam or applesauce!! We made and canned our applesauce but if we had run out of time we could have frozen the apples and made the applesauce later! Have a great night (((hugs))) Winnie

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Butterflyrose, I would start with green beans, tomatoes, applesauce or apple pie filling! It was so nice to invite someone over for coffee and throw together an apple pie or apple turnovers!! Plus a jar of apple pie filling or applesauce during the year made great last minute gifts like when we have a senior moment and forget someone's birthday :-) It was always appreciated by the recipient!! That's makes it worth the effort right there. I think it's wonderful you are have the lawn service take care of the garden spot that way you don't wear yourself out before you get a chance to plant there!! That's what I would do! Well you have a great night and I will talk to you later. (((Hugs))) Winnie

3. Likes Susan2014 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi and Thank you for the Link for Russian Beans. I make the same only use Cukes, we get so many. Hubby loves Bread & Butter Pickles and give to neighbors. Tells them he plant them & picks I do the work aaah ! sweet. Good Luck. Fun to gather some friends with a Basket of our Veggies and fruits and share?? Dreaming again. Gos Bless.

Post Thanks / Like
    I will be working in my flower gardens tomorrow, Saturday, planting zinnia's, cordyline, coleus, petunia's, shasta daisies and another flower that is tall and puts out blue flowers but there was no name tag on any of the other flowers to find out what it was. It's supposed to rain here tomorrow but maybe it will be a light rain so we can continue to work in the yard. Have a great Saturday everyone!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Hun I have chive and hate cutting back but do as fast growers. I have a garlic chives all so with white flowers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Winnie,
    Yes, we've had squash on the grill before.
    jean

Post Thanks / Like

9. Likes Susan2014 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like