Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  11
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Clearwater, Florida USA Born and raised in Bklyn, NY, lived in Tx., Mi., Calif.,Ariz., and Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hiya Ladies, Wow, I think my best dishes have to be Italian.. However, I have always said my family is carnivorous and would eat anything if it wasn't nailed down.. And that's negotiable to ..LOL... I'm vegetarian but that doesn't keep me from cooking anything else.. Teresa

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,
    I just made this recipe tonight. 'Lemony Asparagus Pasta' Lemony Asparagus Pasta Recipe | Eating Well
    I used 1 box of the medium shells pasta, the 'plochman's mild yellow prepared mustard(I just used what was in the frig.), I used the cloves of garlic that I cut up small. We didn't have any tarragon so I googled it and found that you can substitute marjoram, thyme or oregano(that was what someone said he would do) so I used thyme and we didn't have any lemon zest so I left that out and we didn't have any lemon juice so I put in white grapefruit juice. The parmesan cheese I mixed in a 1/4 cup w/the noodles like it said and just sprinkled some on after I put some on my plate. I don't care much for asparagus but this was good!

I have other favorites and I probably put them on another thread.
    .The good yellow squash dish.

. baked potato salad

.tomato pie

. vinegar pie(It's a favorite now).

. olive-cheese zucchini boats.(used to be a favorite)

.Once in a while I'll make a soup and put in what we have-usually tomatoes,corn,beans,maybe peas,carrots,any vegetable ( celery and onion cooked in water 1st before adding vegetables).

.When we get some yellow or golden zucchini from the garden I'm going to try wrapping it in wax paper and putting it in the microwave and then cutting it in half and putting butter, salt and pepper on it like someone on here had suggested and it'll probably be another one of my favorites.

.Oh, I liked that yellow pear tomato jam too but the one that I fried I didn't like and ended up putting it in meatloaf and then it was good.

.sweet and sour chicken w/tomato jam

.Oh another one of my favorites is the macaroni salad w/green olives and tomatoes

. cranberry banana bread that my Mom would always make for Thanksgiving and Christmas

. my Mom always like the Barbeque w/chicken gumbo soup

. green beans in sour cream and tomato sauce

. yellow squash w/jalapeno pepper and soy sauce,etc.

. strawberry salad

. luscious slush punch

. microwave pickles

.veg. pizza

.mound bars

.I might like the 'possibly easy coconut pie I'll have to try it sometime and let you know or just give you the recipe.

.I'm gong to have to try the no bake blueberry pie sometime too

. I made a good coleslaw before w/pineapple

. pot pies are good

.there was a zucchini quiche/casserole that was good

.The no bake cookies

. very cheddar cranberry muffin tops

. vanishing oatmeal raisin cookies

.square hamburgers-don't like them as much as I used to

.peach cobbler-used to make this-good

.granola-used to make this-good

Jean Marie - think the list is long enough?

3. Likes little drummer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have recipes for watermelon and also for carrots.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I to love beef soup. I make mine in the crock pot. I make enough to fill it to the top. I add
    add just about every thing my kitchen. I tried the kitchen sink but it wouldn't fit.
    My next favorite is green pepper soup. I don't just use green peppers I use all the colours in it. Instead
    of rice I use miso. I taste a lot better then rice. Some of the restaurants around here use their left over
    stuffed green peppers to make the soup. They are the ones that got me started on it, I don't like ruce so I
    use the miso you can get it in any of the stores. Yum yum good. I wil have to write up my recipe
    as I just use ground hamburger browned first. Chop up onion and peppers, add some spices. Let it cook
    for a couple hours on high in crock pot. Stir now and then. Think I will make it tomorrow.
    charlye

6. Likes little drummer liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Today, my husband and I are making sirloin roast with horseradish sauce. As it is far too hot to have the oven heating up the kitchen, we are cooking it in the crock pot and boy oh boy does my kitchen smell heavenly right now!!

I don't have a favorite recipe as much as I have a favorite source for recipes. I love Cooking Light. They have such wonderful, healthful recipes that taste terrific! I subscribe to the magazine and get their annual cookbook, which is terribly old fashioned as it is far easier to look things up online.

Happy cooking!
    Auntie Alice

Post Thanks / Like
    I made some breads.

Post Thanks / Like

Especially for Jeam Marie

Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    I made some breads.
    What kind of breads did you make?

You said in another thread that you got a piece of a chip stuck in your throat. That would be an awful feeling! You mentioned your hubby made some salsa. What kind did he make? I love salsas!

I have three recipes for you, Jean Marie, that you may be interested in. You, also, mentioned that tomato jam you made with raspberry jam. Yummy, I bet that was excellent.

Tomato Jam made with lemon gelatin

(I use Jello ...you can make it with other flavors, too, such as peach or apricot)

1 3-oz) package lemon gelatin
    3 cups tomatoes, chopped
    2 cups sugar

Mix the tomatoes and sugar together in a heavy saucepan. Bring it to a boil and boil for 12 minutes. Take it off the heat and add the gelatin and stir it together real good.

Put it in pint mason jars or jelly jars. Cover and seal them while the mixture is still hot. Or if you want you can put wax on top of the jam to seal it.

Store in a cool place.
    ---------------------------------------

Fruit Preserves Pancake and Waffle Syrup

1/2 cup preserves -- raspberry, blackberry, orange marmalade, strawberry, apricot or peach
    1/2 cup butter or margarine
    1/2 cup honey

Melt the margarine in a heavy saucepan. Stir in the honey and the preserves. Heat, stirring constantly, until it comes to a boil. Serve hot over pancakes or waffles.

--------------------------------------

Strawberry Pancake Syrup

1 cup corn syrup
    1/2 cup strawberry preserves
    1/4 cup sugar
    1/4 cup water

Mix it all together in a heavy saucepan Cook it on low heat until it comes to a boil. Let it cool and serve it warm.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry, I spelled your name wrong, Jean Marie! I tried to correct it, but couldn't.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Poinciana,
    I didn't even know you spelled my name wrong. I just saw this post. We all make mistakes. I like pancakes. I have pancakes more than I do waffles. Thanks for the recipes. The fruit preserves sounds good. All the recipes sound good. The other year I made pear tomato jam which was good too. The breads I made were - Apple Banana Bread, Fruit Bread, and Pineapple Nut Bread. The apple banana bread was alright, thought maybe it was a little doughy in the center. My neighbor thought it was a health bread. The fruit bread had maraschino cherries (I used green maraschino cherries. I bought some red maraschino cherries too but haven't used them yet), bananas and chocolate chips in it and the pineapple nut bread pineapple and Rice Chex cereal in it. I didn't put in any nuts. The Pineapple Bread was delicious.
    Jean Marie

Post Thanks / Like
    Onions made my sinuses run I'm making a Italian squash dish.