Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  47
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    Amaryllis and Roses! My son bought me a bulb that he found in a parking lot when I bought the house. I put it in a pot and left it on the patio. It bloomed and was so beautiful! I looked it up and found that it was an Amaryllis. I fell in love with it and now I have 8 on my patio in pots. They bloom so beautifully every year!! And as for roses, I fell in love with them when my grandmother raised them in the country. I have 6 bushes with red, yellow, orange and pink. So beautiful!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Roses and Amaryllis!!

3. Likes Barbara G., N/A, dragondrummer liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I love roses and bluebonnets. Really like succulents for houseplants because they are hard for me to kill. lol

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a bed of lily of the valley in my backyard which I love. I also like pansies and lilacs.

Post Thanks / Like
    My favorite flowers are lilies. My favorite tree is the weeping willow, which I like to call the "waterfall tree." I didn't know the name of it when I was younger, so that's what I called it, and the name just stuck.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi I called it Water Fall Bush as it was small I guess but I was 8 yrs old??? Few yrs older now hehehaha. My husband loves Lilys
    so I have those Xtra Tall ones in 2 areas of yard got last year 8 ft yes 8 ft. 5 in each area along with 2 other sizes and add peac lillys in Pots I bury in ground. Nice chatting and have a ----HAPPY VALENTINES DAY. Dont be a stranger. Susan MJ

Post Thanks / Like
    I love any flower that I don't kill. I was pretty good back in IL but here in CA I'm out of my league. I'm just not used to drought-tolerant plants and I over-water them. Then I don't water, and then that is a problem. My husband did pick up a plant water gauge and that has saved most of my inside plants. I love roses, especially the mini ones, but I've killed two of them so I don't get those anymore. I have a planter in the front yard and I have a bird of paradise, petite marguerite, and mini carnation plant in there and they are all doing fantastic. I don't talk about the other ones!

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry you lost so many to drought. A change in climate is a gift to learn. I got 2 Kittens and there went my many plants. I
    tried even moss with a smellyto my cats they took them out and got at dirt & leaves. Haha now BUT then I donated my trasured Plants to DIL her Cat are older & had them up / Her Cats are larger & heavy cats. My Jasper can jump 4 1/2 ft from 1 place to another & up as jigh as he can get. Love -em tho. Good Luck

10. Likes dragondrummer, seashells_Shelly liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Know what you mean about drought, Nova55. When we moved from northern IN to TX it was quite an adjustment for this "former" green thumb gardener. Gone are my lush vegetable and flower gardens and my perfect green lawn. Now I have a couple scraggly tomato plants, some cactus, a couple roses that hang on out of spite and a patch of weeds. And I went from 150 indoor plants to two struggling succulents - not enough light in this house. Oh, well, more time to knit and crochet. ;-)

12. Likes N/A, seashells_Shelly liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I have 3 favorites. The Lilac, Sweet Pea, and the Snow Bush. We had all of them on the farm.

Jewels

14. Likes dragondrummer liked this post