Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  28
Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last

Thread: yarn winder

Post Thanks / Like
    Shelly Im proud to have 2 of your spinners 1 double and 1 single. I have yarn on both right now. I have to cage them from my 2 MEOW ers. Thanks Shelly and Come home soon whink whink xoxoxox HUGS

2. Likes seashells_Shelly liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought on off Amazon.com...it was inexpensive...beige and red in colour...if I was doing a lot of winding I would not recommend it...I would go with a little more expensive one....it does the job I require it to when I am trying to make huge balls more manageable....hope this helps!! :-)

4. Likes Susan2014 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Amazon.com: compact 4 oz wool / yarn ball winder TH700: works with U-nitt swift
    try this one for a ball winder 4 oz for 17.95 if you buy other stuff ($35) shipping free------they have 19
    but they also advertise 12 new for $15.40 iot is on Amazon.com
    they are only 4 oz ball but if you use 4 ounce skiens you have the same problem.
    hope this helps some

6. Likes Susan2014 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wenda View Post
    Hello I'm looking to buy a yarn winder so if any one that might have one or know a place I can fine one please pm thanks wenda
    Isn't a yarn winder something that will wind the yarn for you?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Wenda, I've looked at some yarn winders and decided not to buy one as I pull my yarn from the outside and not from the inside. Pulling from the outside, at least for me is just the easy way. I've never had any tangled yarn pulling that way. However, a yarn winder could be helpful in saving space. I've seen some at Jo-Ann's and Michael's. Don't remember the prices though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wenda View Post
    Hello I'm looking to buy a yarn winder so if any one that might have one or know a place I can fine one please pm thanks wenda
    Hi Wenda,
    What kind of yarn winder are you looking for? Something that will wind the yarn or something to where you can just pull the yarn that's on a spindle so you can keep crocheting?
    Jean Marie

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by twinfaye View Post
    No worry about offending anyone. We all should share with each other anything that works. Myself, I really want the spinners from Shelly and others will be grateful for your recommendation for the other way. If we all try to be considerate of each other there is no reason to worry about offending anyone.
    Hi Faye ! I have never tried this but I saw it on here somewhere the other day. It looks like it worked to me. Take an empty cardboard toilet paper roll and cut a slit int the end of the cardboard and put the end of your yarn in there put it on a hand held mixer (On just one of the the paddles) and start to wind it and it is supposed to wind the yarn on the empty toilet tissue center cardboard thingee@! Have fun trying and it costs nothing!!! The best part. XOXOXOXO Patty

11. Likes DinahRoberts liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Wenda, I looked forever it seems on Ebay but in the end I used a Michaels coupon that I got with a purchase for 50% OFF. If you have a Hobby Lobby near you they offer 40% OFF one item coupon online that you can print if you have a printer. You can use one of these for one item per visit to the store or one per day.
    The one I purchased is a Simplicity Boye Electric Yarn Winder. These retail for about $90. I saw one on Ebay today with 22 hours left for $14.50 (Bid) at this time:
    Boye Electric Yarn Ball Winder | eBay
    Last edited by Patrick; 10-04-2014 at 12:41 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    i just went online and typed in crochet winter under amazon i believe and it was not that expensive,

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,
    I got a e-mail saying Patrick replied to this thread but I couldn't find Patrick's name on any of the pages.
    Jean Marie