Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  117
Page 1 of 10 123 ... Last

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

What Would You Like To Accomplish for The Holidays? - Participation Thread

This is the thread to post your answers for the Crochet Talk Contest. To see the rules for the contest see here: http://crochettalk.com/main/8899-wha...html#post99356

1. Do you have any goals for crocheting for Halloween or Thanksgiving? For those who do not celebrate these holidays - what would you like to accomplish by the end of October or November? This can be to learn something new in crocheting between now and then, or what projects you would like to finish before then.

2. What goals do you have for crocheting for Christmas or Hanukkah? For those who do not celebrate these holidays - what would you like to accomplish by the end of December? This can be to learn something new in crocheting between now and then, or what projects you would like to finish before then.

Post Thanks / Like
    First, I am far away from my family so I do not celebrate the hollidays in October and November. But I am going to try to make a Noah's Ark afghan by the end of October for a baby that is due that month and also finish the two vests that I had started Last spring.

Second, I want to make several three dimensional snowflakes and some Angels to give as presents. I have already made corner bookmarks. If I have time at least one afghan to send to my grandaughter.

3. Likes Barbara G., N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I'm the one who is working towards opening a store on Bonanza, and I'm almost there. I'm currently working on photos, so I'm hoping that by October I'll have my store open. I also want to crochet some larger pumpkins (I've done 2" to 4" ones). By the beginning of December I want to have my website up and a lot of my crochet thread ornaments in my store. The ornaments have already been crocheted, they just need to be stiffened and decorated. My husband has been playing "Mall Santa" for quite a few years now, so Christmas day is for collapsing. Last year I worked with him in Vegas and I was just wrecked by Christmas. Even though we certainly could use the money, I'd rather be home working with my store and website than in the mall. Just have to see what happens!

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't do for Halloween or Thanksgiving, but I have 4 afghans to finish, so my goal is to do them by end of Nov. these have been in a box unfinished for waaaaaaaaay to long. I get bored with afghans same thing over and over, don't know why I start them.

6. Likes Barbara G., b.wieber liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Mainly I love to crochet doll, animals (which I give to kids, donation to church or who every wants them) also hats, booties(premie to adults). Pokémon dolls in sz. 10 thread (have photos in my Ravelry site) also make myself purses and a scarf once in awhile. Oh yes I crochet ornaments. So I keep myself busy. The dolls I am crocheting now are at: amigurumibb.wordpress.com. would post photos but don't know.

8. Likes Barbara G., amanda, N/A liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    1. I would like to finish the orange, yellow and white baby blanket by September 14th and then I would have four blankets to donate to Project Linus.
    2. I want to start my Secret Santa project and have it done by November 1st.
    3. I must get in the mail my gift for CT swap partner by early October.
    4. I must order black/sequin/sparkly yarn to make a shawl for my daughter by late September so I can finish it by Christmas.
    5. I have to check to see how many squares I have done for the 2014 Hooker's Mtg to be sure they are ready by January 1st so as not to worry about them getting done.
    6. I want to try to crochet a small doily with thread.
    7. I want to try the Spider Shawl stitch shawl again. I want to be like the Little Engine That Could, and say I think I can, I think I can and do it!

Shirley Lane

10. Likes Barbara G., amanda, N/A, DinahRoberts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have an afghan I have to finish for my mother in law by the end of this month then I have a baby afghan half done and a matching bigger afghan (which has not been started) I have to finish by mid Oct
    I have 1 Christmas present I have to finish by the 15 of Nov and I want to get 5 Christmas character coaster set done by thanksgiving and I have 5 animals that need to be finished before Christmas to go to 5 of my 2nd cousins. I am not crocheting my Christmas ornaments this year they are being painted so I have 15 Christmas ornaments to paint before Christmas as well. If I get all that done I have 2 afghans that have been put on the back burner.
    God will never put more on your plate then you can handle.
    http://pinterest.com/eva64

12. Likes Barbara G., amanda, N/A, Teri, DinahRoberts liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Susan: You are pretty funny! Love to see your posts and all the support you give!!!! Don't forget that I will see you in December in MN!!!! I can't wait to meet you!

SharonO: My gosh you do so much!!! Wow!

Eva: You have got a lot on your plate too. All those projects! I think you are like me, just love keeping hands busy!

Love to all, Shirley

14. Likes amanda, N/A liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, Susan. Are you from MN??? I am. just got our first hard frost last night.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lili View Post
    Susan: You are pretty funny! Love to see your posts and all the support you give!!!! Don't forget that I will see you in December in MN!!!! I can't wait to meet you!

SharonO: My gosh you do so much!!! Wow!

Eva: You have got a lot on your plate too. All those projects! I think you are like me, just love keeping hands busy!

Love to all, Shirley

16. Likes amanda liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

only for Christmas presents

I am making every one a pillow. All different patterns and colors.
    I make scarf & mittens for our V.A. hospital (almost done with them).
    I am also making the tie blankets for the nursing home I volunteer for .
    And just found out a friend is having a baby. I would like to make myself a scarf & mittens for myself.
    I'm tired just thinking of it. Ha Ha
    Cyndy

18. Likes Barbara G., amanda liked this post