Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  21
Page 1 of 3 123 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

What changes have you made in your life?

What changes(additions & subtractions) have you made in the last few years in your life? Appearance? Career? Hobbies? Fashion Choices? Decorating Style? Likes? Dislikes?...and anything else in between!
    Last edited by Butterflyrose; 05-02-2013 at 02:00 PM.

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

2. Likes Carynjoyb, aporfirio liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    My life is always in a flux. I have two puppies that make me laugh and keep me company. I lost my alimony in September and my income was cut in half so I am having a hard time getting by and I haven't had a man in my life in over 5 years and I'm not sure I want one. lol I have had knee surgery on my right knee 3 times in a little over a year and I have decided that I will live with the pain and forget trying to get it to work properly. So I have gone from living in a big city with friends to living in the boonies and having no friends (except my CT friends).

4. Likes Butterflyrose liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    the children growing up and moving out and boy is that a hard thing to get use to. Having your babies there every day to see they smile and complain and growing to Gee I hope the kids call today. With 5 kids. At one point we thought we needed to install a revolving door when they were teens (by the way they are 23 21 20 19 and 18) We got a doaughter in law as well. so the male female ratio is getting better. lol I changed jobs a little over a year ago I was working for a sporting goods store as a bookkeeper and now I am a Merchadiser.

male / female ratio in
    1988 0 to 1 single and loving it
    1989 1 to 1 had a son
    1990 2 t0 1 had 2nd son
    1991 3 t0 1 got stupid and got married
    1992 4 to 1 had 3rd son
    1999 3 to 1 got smart and got a divorce
    2007 5 to 2 married my wonderful hubby my best friend
    children graduated highschool in 2007 2009 2010 2011 2012
    2011 5 to 3 my middle son got married
    Last edited by MsBhaven; 05-02-2013 at 03:30 PM.
    God will never put more on your plate then you can handle.
    http://pinterest.com/eva64

6. Likes Butterflyrose, BarbySue, MeerKat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    *A new life began for me the moment I retired(2009)after 32 years:

*full-time homemaker and stay-at-home-wife
    *hubby's caregiver(since 2012)*time to spend so much more time with family
    *learning to crochet(2011) *some walls are painted a color other than white
    *cardmaking(2012) *had home improvements done
    *veggie gardening *have driven less, no more long drives to work
    *cooking as a hobby(2012) *home organization is this year's goal+
    *like bold, vivid colors now, still love my soft colors too
    *casual dress after many years of dressing for success, love casual fashion wear tremendously
    *allowing hair to grow long as possible, wearing hair natural(no chemicals)(2010)
    *enjoy watching winter happenings from sitting room window
    *time to sit and enjoy breakfast, no rushing
    ~I love being retired!~
    Last edited by Butterflyrose; 05-04-2013 at 11:24 AM.

8. Likes BarbySue liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know if anyone wants to hear my changes, My life has changed so much and not for the better. I can't really say I made any changes, they were thrown at me/.. Well in
    2005 my husband had to go on disability
    I had to go to caretaker, after he was my caretaker since my Strokes
    Then 2012 husband fell broke his hip plus had bedsore that had turned to gangrene
    2012 he went into nursing home, and my Husbands niece helped me do things I couldn't do, because of my stroke in 1998
    Since 1997 I have been going to StLouis for Pain shots in my neck
    My Sister and husband took me to St Louis to get my Pain shots
    2010 I lost my Mother and 6 months later I lost my sister, the sweet one
    Had to start driving again after my husband went into Nursing home but can't drive very far.
    My sister who I use to call my sister from Hell fell and fractured her back Monday
    my husbands niece that use to do my grocery shopping and helped with the heavy housework, broke her arm at the elbow this week. I think I am a jinks to my family.
    So I am really stuck
    The only good thing that came out of all this is my Daughter comes up about 3 times a year instead of once a year.
    Plus found this group who has saved what sanity I have left
    Told you you wouldn't want to here this. LOL
    Butterfly it is good to see you back online.
    Last edited by MeerKat; 05-02-2013 at 11:02 PM.

10. Likes Butterflyrose liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    MeerKat now you know us. we want to hear about everything good and bad. you are not a jinks to your family you are just in need of some extra special love with all the things you are having to deal with you can use some. so here is me sending you a hug (((((((( meerkat)))))))) and for good measure you need 2 (((((meerkat))))))
    God will never put more on your plate then you can handle.
    http://pinterest.com/eva64

12. Likes Butterflyrose liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I have lost weight and gained it back over the years. I am now currently in T.O.P.S. (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) and am losing weight again hopefully to keep it off this time around. it is all about eating sensibly which I am learning. I am also in psychotherapy and only within the past 8 months or so realized that I became who I became because of the environment I was born in. So, NOW [I]I[/I] get to decide who and how I want to live my life which I am just loving!!

14. Likes Butterflyrose, BarbySue liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rose, my list is similar to yours. I retired in 2008 and even though the grands started in 2001, 2008 is when they turned into a big part of my life. I can travel to TN to see the three there, I was day care for two years to my grand daughter, and the older two moved in with us for almost three years since then. I started crocheting again in 2009 and have spent LOTS of time doing that. Physically, I've gained 25 pounds, so I'm constantly dieting. Health wise, the bones are achy and this year I've had ear infections 3 times. I'm on the third round of antibiotics with this last one and it still hasn't cleared up. I guess the summary is I get to do what I want to do now instead of "a job" now. Love you guys, Annette

16. Likes Butterflyrose liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    there have been so many I cant remeber them all lol the newest is I have started once again to work out.. it suck I hate every second of it lol but sick of being out of shape. I want to get back to where I was this time last year. I was walking 15 k five days a week. ...

18. Likes Butterflyrose liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    MeerKat, I missed being here with ya'll for a bit this week---duty called and I answered! Living life, we never know what lies ahead; therefore, we have to appreciate each moment! Being caregivers, we understand that flexibility is the key to living our lives. I always say as scripture reads, "to whom much is given, much is required." God has blessed us tremendously...husbands, children, family, laughter, love and a future! You are strong enough to endure and grow stronger in painful times and rejoice in happy times. Through it all God keeps right on blessing you! You know that God is watching over you and He loves you deeply. Keep trusting Him and I'm doing the same. I'm available for chats whenever you feel the need.(Hugs)~Beverly~

P.S. Keeping you and your family in my prayers.
    Last edited by Butterflyrose; 05-03-2013 at 09:16 PM.