Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  21
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Dratted Bolero

Post Thanks / Like

Dratted Bolero

Dratted Bolero-img_0312-jpg This is the dreaded bolero that I asked for help with. Rosie got me started but I could not follow the pattern so I went on my own after 6 or 7 rows. I used the pattern as a guideline I just couldn't follow the pattern. I like it but I would not do it again. This woman who wrote this pattern is very good but the patterns are very hard to follow. You start on one page and then you follow these rows from another pattern and then you follow another pattern and then back to the original all the while you are to follow your size but do it by this size for these rows. UGH!! It is a nice book and she is an excellent author but I would not buy another of her books. To save room they have you go all over the book. It is "Everyday Crochet" by Doris Chan.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good work, Faye !

3. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Beautiful work, love the bolero! I have read some of her patterns and couldn't understand them. I wouldn't even try, but you did a wonderful job.

5. Likes justplainjudy, Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Very Nice, Sorry to hear the instructions were more difficult than they should have been for you to follow.Its nice that you used your own ingenuity and created a wonderful bolero.

7. Likes justplainjudy, Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Twinfaye This Bolero is super nice. May have missed it but what yarn did you use? I wonder if I could do one. Sounds ruff ruff pattern I' ll check.

HAPPY EASTER My Friend !! I have new lap top, none for 6 days Boo Hoo. xxoo
    Susan M J

9. Likes justplainjudy, Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Faye, your perseverance blows me away. You did a beautiful job on it and you stayed with it!!

11. Likes justplainjudy, Kitty liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    It is a ww and in off white. Susan if you want to do it you should but I won't do another of her patterns. I made the spiral sweater and I thought it was mostly easy but this one is not. You have to buy the book also so I wouldn't recommend it. If she would write them out and you followed page by page but I'm sure it was to save space. There are a couple of others I like but I am not sure I will try anymore.

13. Likes justplainjudy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Faye, that is beautiful!! Sorry you had such a time with it but perseverance and ingenuity paid off. Great job!--Jan

15. Likes justplainjudy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with Landon, you persisted and adapted the pattern and triumphed over adversity.

17. Likes justplainjudy, N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    faye--you did a very nice job!!! i dread reading patterns. that is why i stick with you tube--i know that is the cowards way out but some of the directions of those patterns are awful.

19. Likes justplainjudy liked this post