Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  89
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like

Fibromyalgia and related subjects

Hey girls! We must really be a chatty bunch! But I just wanted to say Potluck is home and is fine. My symptoms have started to quiet down now that I am calming and have had multiple does of meds and numerous hot soaks. I hope you are all ok out there and are having a wonderfully blessed St. Patric's Day!

2. Likes amanda, justplainjudy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, Kitty and thank you for starting up the new thread. I am glad Potluck is home and that your symptoms are calming down. And Yes! Happy St. Patrick's Day to everyone!!

4. Likes amanda, justplainjudy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    How do you tell people to stay out of your space? This guy at church likes to be one inch away from me. I told him no stay farther than your arm from me. And of course he was pushing it.

6. Likes amanda, justplainjudy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh My Gosh! Well, try bringing a huge bag with you to church. Set it length wise between you and him. If he continues to push to close with no one else pushing him into you, tell him you will report him to the church elders for encroachment into your personal space making you feel as if he is sexually harrassing you. If he continues, then do so. I don't care if it is church or a press meeting you still have rights of personal space. You may even have to change your seating spot. Good Luck To You!

8. Likes amanda, justplainjudy, N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    yes, put your bible, bag, keys, anything between you and him...ask him if you guys are in elementry school or something....lol I wanted to thank you all about Fibroyalgia and the like because I think I have something to talk to my doc about; my fingers go numb at night and I thought it was due to my disability getting worse....and just having a hand on my shoulders make me want to cry or pee myself....so I did a bit of research and I have many symptoms....I don't like the medication Lyrica and I don't want meds but to stop the pain I guess I might have to bite the bullet.

10. Likes amanda, justplainjudy, cathybearns liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Lyrica may not be an answer. I was taking cymbalt and lyrica as well as buspferone and a few others. Once I was tasted by a sleep doc, she found that my RLS{restless leg syndrome] was so bad that it was interfieing with my sleep patterns to the point that , while I thought I was sleeping, I was having my sleep interrupted every 5 to 15 minutes even though I didn't know it. therefore I was not actully getting the sleep I needed. She put me on 1800 mg of Horizont every evening and boy the diference it has made. While I am not pain free, at least it is within tolerable ranges and can be delt with on as needed meds!! For major flair ups and overages! Take heart. Please go to the womens health network and look up fibromyalgia and you won't believe your eyes.

12. Likes amanda, justplainjudy, cathybearns liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    really? I know I am not sleeping right because of pain. If I lay on my sides it hurts my jaw; I woke up last night w/ so much pain in my face; If I lay on my back my fingers go numb....but I am trying hard to find things that work for me; cymbalta was NOT one of them, I had a bad allergic reaction to that. So thanks for your help I will look that up...happy crocheting.

14. Likes amanda, justplainjudy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Anaisa, please take a good look at your pillow and take it with you to your Doctor appointment, also, examine your mattress. we had to try 4 different ones before we found one that even came close to working for me, even then after 5 hours I hurt so bad and am so stiff that it takes a few minutes to stand straight and get moving. I was once a sunrise person, not any more. { I can't get moving fast enough to get to the east window! LOL} You may even think about showing you pillow to a chyropractor and asking them about it. You may find some help with just the right pillow!!! I know I did!

16. Likes amanda, justplainjudy, N/A, janie mae liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Everyone with fibromyalgia tosses and turns because of our pain my drs want me to take trazadone every night. Yuck

18. Likes justplainjudy, N/A liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Anaisa! I was allergic to so many medications including lyrica, My doctor prescribed me a gel mattress which at first it was uncomfortable but I think I've worked it in! I had different reactions to many meds dizziness, rash, zombiefied (want to sleep all the time), irritable more than usual, and other symptoms, oh yeah hard to breath, but you know what your body disagrees with more than anyone so tell your doctor if any meds make you feel bad in any way! LOVE YOUR FRIEND MANDA!

20. Likes justplainjudy, N/A, janie mae liked this post