Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  15
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Thread: Hobby Lobby

Post Thanks / Like

Hobby Lobby

Has anyone else noticed that Hobby Lobby is no longer carrying Caron Simply Soft yarn? They have replaced it with their own brand which just isn't as good. It separates easily and cost more. Just wondering if is our Hobby Lobby or all of them?/

Post Thanks / Like
    Our hobby lobby did the same thing.
    God will never put more on your plate then you can handle.
    http://pinterest.com/eva64

Post Thanks / Like
    I did not notice this....interesting, will keep my eye of this the next time I go..thanks for the fyi.

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GoldieP;67045]Has anyone else noticed that Hobby Lobby is no longer carrying Caron Simply Soft yarn? They have replaced it with their own brand which just isn't as good. It separates easily and cost more. Just wondering if is our Hobby Lobby or all of them?/:confused:[/QUOTE]

I use Simply Soft yarn for all of the baby afghans I make. Walmart did not have the color I need and I went to HL and, yes, they did not have much left and it was on the bottom shelf and I had to go somewhere else to get what I wanted.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't get to Hobby Lobby very often. I don't live very close to one. AudreyL

Post Thanks / Like
    I am 40 miles from Walmart and HL.

Post Thanks / Like
    I will check Walmart for you this week..and also maybe going to Micheals and also AC Moores..taking a day trip to nearby town with hubby and I am making it worth my while..lol.

8. Likes Magnolia Blossom liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I had to give up on the Simpley soft yarn. It didn't work too well for me . I started using the HL brand and like it so much better. I didn't have any trouble with it splitting. And you cannot break that yarn. And their baby yarn , Busy Bee. works up so nice in baby blankets and hats. My problem, Hobby Lobby is within a mile of me. To go to the store I have to drive past the Strip where Hobby Lobby has a big store. I make car seat blankets and usually use a Busy Bee for color and a white "Love This Yarn" . With a loose stitch it makes a nice weight for a small blanket. Texas

Post Thanks / Like
    lol hobby looby is about a mile from my house too and 1 walmart is within 2 miles the other walmart is 4 miles away
    God will never put more on your plate then you can handle.
    http://pinterest.com/eva64

Post Thanks / Like
    At the Hobby Lobby in Matthews NC I saw almost no Caron yarn and very little Red Heart Yarn. The bulk of their yarn was their own brand called “I love this yarn” made in Turkey. I have allergies and in 3 days that yarn turned my hands to a raw, running mess. I love the colors and the texture of the “I Love This Yarn” but I will never use it again. I will stay with American Made yarn. My S-I-L has the afghan I made with “I love This Yarn” it and she loves it and has not had a reaction to the yarn. This was over a year ago and I really have not been back to Hobby Lobby since that time. Very sad as Hobby Lobby was one of my favorite shops.

12. Likes Trenarah liked this post