Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  15
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last

Thread: Hobby Lobby

Post Thanks / Like
    They've done the same thing here too! I needed an additional skein and ordered it from the Caron's website. I think I've joined most of the yarn sites now and receive their emails when they have a sale and new free patterns, so I've begun ordering most of my yarns online because Hobby Lobby doesn't carry much of what I like.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oklahoma City, where I live, is the original home of Hobby Lobby and it started here. We have about 5 Hobby Lobby stores, and I've always shopped there and liked it.

I've notice they have gradually phased out some other brands of yarn, like Red Heart, and hardly have much stock of it or many colors to choose from. They seem to be going with their own store brand, I Love This Yarn. It's nice yarn, but costs about $1 more per skein than Red Heart.

They've opened a new Joann Superstore near me, and I've been going there much more than Hobby Lobby. It seems to me they have a greater selection than the Hobby Lobby stores, and they almost always have a sale going on, or lots of coupons to use.
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

3. Likes amanda liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, Hobby Lobby is not on my list of stores for yarn anymore, no Caron yarn and no Red Heart at ours. I can go to Joann Fabrics and Walmart in Medina. Or, I can go to Wooster to Pat Catan's, which is where I would rather go. I do wish Pat Catan's would come back to Medina, would make my life a bit easier. I don't care for Wooster that much.

Post Thanks / Like
    Online yarn shopping is generally my choice now. Yes,you pay shipping but the yarn itself is usually cheaper directly fom the company. I signed up for "membership" with RH,Lion and others so am notified of sales,low shipping or even free shipping. (Joann has the best shipping cost of the stores online-$4.99 up to $299.99 purchase.) More availibility of all colors and types of yarn too. Wasn't aware of RH extensive kinds of yarn 'til I went to the web site. Got some great "specialty" yarn to make a sweater coat. With gas prices as they are shipping is a small price to pay if you don't live near the store. Stitch with love!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hobby Lobby is out of much of their own brand of yarn right now. I manager I spoke to told me there was a bad shipment of all of their "Love this Yarn" and they had to send it back.

I started carrying Caron So Soft in my Etsy store since its so hard to get. If anyone needs special colors etc just shoot me an email. I always give a discount if you pre order it through me. I never charge more for shipping than the actual charge. Many times it can be cheaper than gas

I also started carrying the Deborah Norville neon yarn since you can no longer get it at hobby lobby.

Kay

7. Likes amanda liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, Hobby Lobby here, to me, is very expensive and the selection isn't great. About 8 years ago, they built a new Joann's here in Medina but I really don't like it, especially their checkout area. Confusing and congested. Not as much help either. They really were better in the old store. I like Red Heart yarn, but Walmart only has so much room for crafts and not a good selection, so I guess I will start the online buying too. Stores wonder what the problem is and want to blame the internet, but to me, it's there own fault. They close good stores, less assistance, shoddy products, a lot of them, and they jack the prices up and then give you a sale, if the charged a decent price all the time, I think it would be better. I was in retail too for a lot of years. We had a really good K-Mart here, the first Super K-Mart in the country and it was doing fantastic. But, for some reason, their commitment and customer service went by the wayside. That store is completely gone now. If I want to go to K-Mart, I have to go 20 miles to some run-down store. They price themselves out of business.

9. Likes amanda, MeerKat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    My husband wants to know if there is a house for rent in your town. He forgot I don't have to go to a store if I can get internet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Not that I know of, but possible. There are a lot for sale in Seville. You would have to check that out, they rent homes through real estate agents now.
    I can check and see, my husband may know too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Michaels carries Simply Soft

Post Thanks / Like
    I get most of my yarn from Joanns on line..I always get free shipping.....plus it only takes 3 days to get here..