Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  62
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Ice Storm Coming Our Way

Hello,

I just wanted to let everyone know that we have an ice storm coming our direction. They are expecting snow thunder, sleet thunder, and an accumulation of ice here later tonight.

I am praying that our electricity does not go out. Our new residence is all electric - the only down fall is if the power is out in winter- not good!

I have most of my stuff moved - still some to pack at the apartment and I have to of course clean before the end of the month as well.

The move is worth it - will have to tell you all more when I get internet in my home....ran into a snag there because the area is newly built about one year ago - so Cable One does not know if they can provide service for us, as they were our provider at the other residence.

I am making some phone calls to other places to see what they offer as well while waiting on Cable One to do a service availability check which can take up to five business days - ugh!

Anyway - hope everyone is safe and sound. Just wanted to post an update in case we lose power and I am delayed on getting on someone else's internet (until I get mine on) due to road conditions.

Thanks to each of you for keeping the forums going!! Each of you are wonderful!!

Blessings to each of you!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Where are you located? I had not heard of it here in Indiana. Hang tight!

Cindy

3. Likes justplainjudy, Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad things are moving along for you. Hope things work out with your internet provider soon. Keep safe from the ice storm!

5. Likes justplainjudy, Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Be Safe, We will be getting the snow tomorrow-about 7-8 inches. Rather have the snow than the sleet and ice, so am going to consider myself one of the lucky ones!

7. Likes Barbara G., justplainjudy, Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    My area is also in line for ice, it is supposed to start about mid morning, and according to Accuweather, it will fall for about 3 hours, but who knows?? Here's hoping!!! But, Smudge kitty has plenty of food and I have plenty of yarn.........we'll manage, LOL Done this before, can do it again............

9. Likes Barbara G., justplainjudy, jennlee liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    My sister and dad are in SE Kansas and are expecting to get 6" of ice and snow between tonight and tomorrow night. Dad says it is no big deal he isn't a worrier. My sister is ready for it she got all prepared yesterday. Wish they lived closer together so she could look in on him but they don't...

Ya'all stay safe during this storm. I'll be thinking of you when the white stuff is hitting the fan!
    Barby Sue
    Be who you are and say what you mean

11. Likes Barbara G., justplainjudy, Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    And I'll keep your dad and sister in mine, babes! I will take 2 feet of snow any over any amount of ice whatsoever!!

13. Likes justplainjudy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Barbi, I wish you the best of luck with your internet... I know with my recent problem it is not fun being without my computer! I am not sure about our weather, I think we have some icy weather coming. I don't understand our weather! Up in the 50-60s one day and down to wind chill of 5 degrees the next morning. It has been sooooo cold here. XOXOXO

15. Likes Barbara G., justplainjudy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    beacareful, have flashlights and lots of water and batteries in case. prayers be with you

17. Likes Barbara G., justplainjudy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like Indiana might get a hit of it also. My husband keep saying that winter is over. I just keep saying that until "March Madness" is over, winter is not over. It seems like most years we get hit with something really nasty.

19. Likes justplainjudy liked this post