Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

My turn to brag, brag, brag!!

Guess what!! My grandson, Marcus, won the Character Award of "Diligence" for his WHOLE SCHOOL , AGAIN!! He won it in the 3rd grade and now in the 5th grade! The teacher says he always come to class and gets down to business with his lesson until he finishes it! Doesn't talk to other classmates or play around until he is finished! He isn't the only one in his family tho, to win that award... his brother, Zachary won it 1 year too! And that is for the whole school not just their grade! Both of them have won that! I believe he gets to go and visit the mayor's office. I think that's what he did in the 3rd grade. All 4 of my grand-kids make very good grades and love school, much different than me!

I pretty much hated school and didn't make good grades in any subject EXCEPT art! I loved that class and could have taken a whole day of nothing but art if I could have got away with it! I did get an award for "Art Student Of The Year"
    the year I graduated. I probably should have gone on and made a career of it but Mom and Dad couldn't afford to send me to college. They did the best they could do for us kids. Back then not many kids went to college I don't think. At least my family didn't.

This is Marcus's first overnight trip out of town with the teacher and some of his school classmates... but he will be back tomorrow in time for church tomorrow night probably full of stories to tell of his adventure! Well. I wanted to brag a little on my grand-kids so now i am happy! xoxoxo
    Last edited by redhead; 02-01-2013 at 07:33 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Fantastic!!! Congratulations, what a wonderful thing to be able to brag about..... you should be bragging...you have bragger's rights with this news!!!!

3. Likes Landon, redhead liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would be bragging also!!!!!!!!!!

5. Likes justplainjudy, Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    That is awesome!!
    ~Tammy~

7. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, Patty!! How precious! I am so happy for you and your little man! That sounds like serious FOCUS!! I am thrilled for you and please, share his adventures with us too! Can't wait to hear all about it!

XOXOXOXOX
    Landon

9. Likes justplainjudy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations! You are so proud
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Brag away, we are happy to hear about his accomplishments.....happy crocheting.

Post Thanks / Like
    I love how proud we are of our kids, grandkids and greats! It amazes me how much love grows as your family grows. I didn't think I could love anybody as much as my kids and then I had granddaughters and my love expanded and then I had greats and my heart expanded again. Wonder if I am alive when great, great grand kids arivve will it just expand again? My Mama has seen her great greats and because of her dementia isn't really interested in them. I hope I die before dementia or alzheimer (sp). I want to know and love my kids and all til the end!

13. Likes justplainjudy, Trenarah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    that is something to brag and be proud of, congrats to both of you.

15. Likes justplainjudy, redhead liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    You do have bragging rights! I am beaming for you...can you see my light shining? Congratulations to you and your family, you play a huge part in their successes; being the grandmother and them being a part of your lineage. Brag on!

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

17. Likes justplainjudy liked this post