Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  80
Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like

Where are you from? Continued...

I saw a thread with this name and noticed that it was closed at the beginning of the year (?). Since it is November, I thought I'd start it up again for those of us that have joined since January 2012.

I live in Tennessee, a transplanted New Englander. I don't have any children with two feet. Mine have four and bark! I'm in don't disclose my age, I'm 29 and holding. I have been crocheting for about a year and a half if you count the amount of time that it took me to learn. I still work full time which leaves me with
    not as much time to crochet as I would like.

Post Thanks / Like
    I LOVE other topic questions like this, we get to see so much more about each other!!

I was born in Little Rock, Arkansas and have lived on 2 continents. My Mother was a native born Venezuelan and we moved there in the early 1970 and moved back in 1978. Parents divorced when I was 3, my Dad lived here. He died unexpectedly 8 months after we moved back.

As a little girl, I sewed for my Barbie and made her dresses with a purse to march, LOL I started making beaded jewellery when an eye-glass chain a co-worker made for me broke and I was so upset!!! So, I set out to learn to make jewellery myself and also to come up with a method that is very sturdy and my jewellery easily stays together for eons.

I have been crocheting for roughly a year. I would have to dig up my Walmart receipts to see when I bought my crochet kit. I am thinking it was last Fall cos I would have wanted to have made myself mittens, hat, scarf, etc....I struggled with uneven ends of rows for months until I watched a You Tube video and saw what I was doing wrong.

So now I work on combining my jewellery with crocheting and blogging about my projects with lots of pics and details so people can follow them easily.

I am divorced, 55 years old, and live up in the Missouri Ozarks in a little town called Desloge with my kitty cat
    <<<<< Smudge.

TMI ?????

Too Bad-----COPE-----LOLOL Muuuaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaa that is my best evil laugh and I am sticking to it!!

3. Likes grandmalane, Erika, Colesmom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Landon, I just love you! You are so cute!

I'm married have three - fur-children two cats and a dog that own us. Husband just had a total knee replacement so I'm playing nurse right now. He hasn't complained yet so I must be doing ok. We live in St. Pete, FL. He has lived here all his life I'm a transplant from Kansas. I have lived in FL all but 13 years of my life and would not live anywhere else. Love the beach, the sand, the palm trees, and the HUMIDITY, love it all!!
    Barby Sue
    Be who you are and say what you mean

5. Likes Landon, Amber&TuckersMom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lived in Racine, Wis for 73 years before moving to Beecher, Wis & have been here 2 years. Since retiring as a chemist/statistician/market researcher and part time Univ. teacher in '98, I've done a lot of things I have NEVER done before. Wrote a hymn to sing at church, gave sermons on two different topics, decided that my wife needed a break so I have done all the cooking for 10 years and counting, and have written 3 books and am now on #4. Now we live in a forest and we are happier here than we've ever been. We even have more friends here. I have been crocheting for 8+ years. I make mittens for the Christmas church bazzar, preme- baby hats for the hospital, and various hats and scarfs from scratch w/o a pattern. I will probably work forever on a 9x9 king-size bed spread. By the time I finish it, it may be too heavy for me to lift. My estimate is at least 24 skeins of Red Heart Aran Fleck. We have a dog, 3 cats, and a Quaker parrot - each of them were rescued. All 3 cats were helping me with a hdc hat that I'm making w/o a pattern for myself for the winter. (Why did I write so much? All my facebook friends know about me is that I lived in Racine and now live in Beecher.) Obviously I trust you more than I trust the world that uses FB. TGsDad

7. Likes Landon, BarbySue, Erika, Amber&TuckersMom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am native European... was born in Europe and live in Europe... I have 7 birds. What s color of your cats? I would like to see photo of cats

9. Likes Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am a 60 years old, widowed and living in sin with a wonderful man in SW Wisc. I am 0riginally from central Minnesota. I started to crochet about one month ago and I am enjoying my new venture.

Rose

11. Likes Landon, Erika, Amber&TuckersMom liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I am 62 a twin (Kaye) and I am divorced. I live alone with 2 puppies. I grew up in McMinnville, TN got married at 16 and moved to Nashville. I have 2 children Randy 43 and Marny 41, 2 granddaughters and a great granddaughter and a great grandson. 5 years ago I moved back to my family's area. I bought my Mother's home that my grandfather built as a 2 room schoolhouse in the early 1930s. I have crocheted my whole adult life but never very intense until I found this site. I consider all the people on here to be friends. Welcome TGsDad, I'll try to remember that we have male members.

13. Likes Landon, Erika, Amber&TuckersMom, TGsDad liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    well where do i start...... lol I am 39 3/4, ha ha ha ok i turn 40 in march. I am married 5 years and have been with the same man for 10. I have 4 great kids. well who am i kidding they are butt heads who only think of themselves. lol Jenna who is 19 and just got engaged. thank god. lol I have beto who is 14, he may not make to see 15 if he doesn't pull his head out of the video games. i have a step-son who is also 14 that's not gonna make it to 15 if he doesn't drop the i don't care attitude, and then i have a 3 year old that is the spawn of satan. lol I am so kidding , i love my kids and live for them. i just don't like their ages. LOL I also have 4 yes 4 dogs. i have Cola whose a Rott/Chow mix, Fred who is a Bull Mastiff/ Boxer mix, then Sampson who is a Basset hound and then last but never forgotten i have Bit Bit who is a tiny Chihuahua. So there you have it. I am completely insane and never have quiet time. LOl I live in Bakersfield California originally from Los Angles, I went to Venice High , which is famous for many reasons but mainly because Grease was filmed there. Yep i went to Rydell High. lol
    I have been crocheting for about a year now, but i was introduced when i was about 5-6. My grandmother tried to teach me but i only got the chain part. I wish i would of picked it up earlier but I am crocheting my little heart out. OK now that you all are asleep i will end this by saying ,,,,, Many blessings to all
    Erika

15. Likes Beatrice1953, Landon, BarbySue liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Erika, you forgot to mention that we are involved in your s$@^! roflol We have been watching Erika's passage of a pin that she swallowed. The thing is that she has taught me a lesson and I don't hold pins in my mouth any more. Good job Erika!!

17. Likes Landon, Erika liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well-I'm 58 and have been married to a wonderful man for 37 years! I have 3 grown children and 5 grandchildren! I'm a retired Registered Nurse and now I babysit for 2 of my grandchildren! I have a business called Abbietta-I make things for children-dolls, toys and games and sell at Craft Fairs! I learned how to crochet from my greatgrandmother! Took it up again in Nursing school over 30 years ago! I've lived in NY state all my life! Oh and I play flute in a symphonic band at a local college!

19. Likes Landon, BarbySue, Erika, Amber&TuckersMom liked this post