Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 3 123 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

How I soften yarn the cheap and easy way

2. Thanks RaeMH, Nova55 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Barbara, thank you for posting this video, But..... I had my volume all the way up and still couldn't hear anything the lady in the video said. Can I find this video on youtube? Lynda

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Lynda,
    In answer to your question - yes, you can find this video on you tube. Just go to the top of this page on the video that Barbara posted and at the top of the video, click on where it says 'How I soften yarn the cheap and easy way' Yes, click on those words. Anytime you see a video and you want to see it on you tube just click on the title of the video. I do that when someone posts a video and at the end of the video they posted are other videos so if i want to post something I click on the title of the video and then it goes to you tube and I can copy and paste.
    Jean Marie

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbara G. View Post
    Barb, that's Clare Sullivan from Australia, she won 2014 Flamies Award for best youtube crochet channel! I love to hear her talk, she's so calm and patient. She was the one to come up with the shampoo/conditioner idea, even tho some people still use peroxide and vinegar in reg detergent. She has a youtube channel if you want to see all of her videos on there! OR you can just search "bobwilson123 crochet how to soften yarn" and it'll bring it right up .
    Last edited by SusansSoulShines; 02-05-2015 at 08:05 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Jean. xoxoxo Lynda

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for this post as I put yarn in a nylon bag & put it into the washer with mild soap & fabric softener. Works for me! Then I throw it into the dryer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Susan for re-posting the video. It was very clear and I could hear it very well. xoxoxo Lynda

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like WAY too much shampoo. I do stuff for babies in NICUs and cannot use anything w/ a fragrance due to their delicate skin. Just a simple wash and rinse in straight white vinegar works well. Gets rid of any odors and pet dander plus softens the item.
    Last edited by KathyL.; 02-03-2015 at 05:13 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KathyL. View Post
    Looks like WAY too much shampoo. I do stuff for babies in NICUs and cannot use anything w/ a fragrance due to their delicate skin. Just a simple wash and rinse in straight white vinegar works well. Gets rid of any odors and pet dander plus softens the item.
    THansk for the heads up, yes I did use quite a bit of shampoo, now i look back on it I agree

11. Likes Gillygaloo liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbara G. View Post
    Thank you for the shout out with the video