Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  16
Page 1 of 7 123 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like

What type of yarn do you hate to work with?

All of us seem to have a favorite type of yarn to use, but what yarns do you dislike using?

Many times I buy Red Heart yarn to keep the expenses down, but it is not my favorite to use. When I finally tried using other types of yarn, I was amazed to find the difference in using other brands.

So, what is your most disliked brand or type of yarn when working on projects?

2. Thanks dancingbaehr thanked for this post
    Likes Mary Laposta liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I tend to avoid baby yarn or sport yarn, usually double it if I am doing projects, unless I absolutely have to use it without doubling it. Prefer worsted and above weights. Really don't have a brand I dislike, if I find that a color is a little rough, I will put it aside and go back to it when needed.

Roe

4. Likes dancingbaehr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't like the real thin yarns. You have to double it up just to use it and I found when I have to do that it always gets knotted up.

6. Likes dancingbaehr liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I really do not have a yarn that I hate, but I do feel that the Caron Simply Soft seems to separate some when crocheting. I love the feel of it though and like the finished project when done.

8. Thanks charlye thanked for this post
    Likes dancingbaehr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like do do a lot of different yarns, but as for as Brands I hate Red Heart Super Saver. It just doesn't feel good when I crochet with it, it is just to scratchy, I even tryed Fabric softeners and it is still to rough.

10. Likes dancingbaehr liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not too crazy either over Red heart super saver. Too hard to work with.

12. Likes MeerKat liked this post
    The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have used Red Heart Super Saver yarn and, yes it is a bit scratchy, but is much softer after washing. I have never had a problem with it. My favorite yarn is "I Love This Yarn". I don't really have a yarn I dislike very much. I do hate how Sugar & Cream and Peaches 'n Cream cotton yarns split while working with them, but I love their finished results.
    ~~ Hugs, Jo ♥
    A Travelling Baehr Gathers No Moss!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I dont like Homespun or any of those fun fur, eyelash or ribbon yarns. My daughter uses all of them and enjoys working w/ them.

15. Likes dancingbaehr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I dislike simple soft, it seems to split very easy. I dislike any of them that have ties in the middle of them. I feel they should be sold as seconds or lot ends. I buy the yarn in a pound pk especially Carron Pounder and I have had several that have more then 3 ties in them.
    Thant is my complaint for the day.
    charlye

17. Likes dancingbaehr, Mary Laposta, Deb H. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't like boucle yarn. After chaining, the first row is a nightmare because I can't find the stitches and end up guessing. Even using a chain less foundation row is hard with this yarn. So even when I can manage getting the first row done, I will only do a pattern that goes in spaces, like a V stitch or a shell.

19. Likes dancingbaehr, Mary Laposta liked this post