Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  6
Page 1 of 3 123 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Garage Cleanup Chat

Here is the job of all jobs! Cleaning up my garage[ I am highly motivated by team effort when doing a major task over a prolonged period of time. I am not rushing this job as I want a completely organized garage when I call it finished. Got a mini start on Monday!

If you are planning to clean up your garage or have done so in the past, please join in the chat with helpful hints and encouraging words. Let the fun begin!!!

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

Post Thanks / Like
    I tidied it up the other day because we were having an inspection. I do have plans to get out there and go through more boxes that I still need to go through since we have moved here. I got about half of it done last summer, so maybe I will get the other half done this summer!!

3. Likes Butterflyrose liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh my goodness you are soooo right! Biggest job ever is cleaning the garage (or extra storage space) as we call it there was never a car in there even once! I was forced, more or less, to clean it bc I was moving to Va and didn't want my daughter stuck with the job plus she wouldn't know what to keep! I had four empty boxes at all times keep, sell, donate, garbage as they were already marked when one got filled we sealed it up and put it in a spot we had cleared. This is the only thing that kept me sane while doing it and when we had several or a car full of donations me daughter would take them same with garbage. It took us two days but that's only bc I had to go through everything in there, every bag or box was inspected. Wow were we ever glad to see that last box!! It can be done with your sanity in tact just make a plan that works for you!! Good luck make sure to take a break once in a while :-) hugs Winnie

5. Likes Butterflyrose liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like you have a good start Barbara! You'll get the job done . Blessings!

My Garage Cleanup Strategy:
    *assess the situation
    *gather needed supplies
    *establish areas for trash, give away, charity or keep
    *plan amount of time to clean up each time
    *alternate between easy & challenging tasks
    *recruit help as needed
    *REWARD myself throughout the garage cleanup

afterwards, then maybe I'll have a garage sale!:-)

Post Thanks / Like
    Winnie, apparently I was typing at the time you were typing. So true...a plan is always necessary! So glad you cleared, cleaned and conquered and came out on top!

Post Thanks / Like
    I vacuum my garage periodically since it seems that the leaves wait till I open the door and they all rush in. Currently, I have to use it for extra storage for the items that I couldn't put down in my basement when I had to sell my moms house when she went into the ALF so my truck sits outside on the street (need to block parking, long story) anyway. I have extra large double shelves in it and also one lone original kitchen cabinet that apparently the second owners put there for extra storage when they redid the kitchen (which was done a couple more times before we bought the house). I keep the décor for the front of the house in the garage, boxes are neatly labeled and stacked. Nails hold snow shovels and webbed chairs. I also keep a small trash container and extra trash bags (in a bag holder I got at the dollar store). I have extra steel shelving units, again from my moms house, that holds small items like dishware and glasses she had. What I need for the backyard and patio goes in the shed in the backyard. Since it is more or less organized, it takes less time to keep it that way. Same with my basement (which is a whole other story, LOL).

Roe

9. Thanks Butterflyrose thanked for this post
    Likes Butterflyrose liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Roe, your garage sounds so well organized. That is my goal! When things are organized, everything is so much easier! Thanks for the details of how you've organized your garage.

As I love decorating too, I have an area for my decor and as I cleaned I found more decor to put in its proper place. I also label my boxes and stack them which makes for easy identification. As I work, I am discovering what areas are needed to house all items properly. I am on my way to having a well organized garage!

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Garage cleanup chat

Quote Originally Posted by Butterflyrose View Post
    Here is the job of all jobs! Cleaning up my garage[ I am highly motivated by team effort when doing a major task over a prolonged period of time. I am not rushing this job as I want a completely organized garage when I call it finished. Got a mini start on Monday!

If you are planning to clean up your garage or have done so in the past, please join in the chat with helpful hints and encouraging words. Let the fun begin!!!
    I am also planning a garage cleanup. Sorry, I cannot give advice ( not yet anyway ). If I accomplish what I intend to, maybe I can then give advice. My garage is a real mess. I enjoy the subject though. Thank you.

12. Likes Butterflyrose liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jaa, thanks for commenting. I am really enjoying the cleanup because each box done or trash bag filled is a step closer to my goal. Please drop by and share your progress once you get started or strategy for your garage cleanup. See you soon!

Post Thanks / Like
    Knowing that Thursday is trash day, I have time to toss lots of items and make a real difference in my garage! I need to get more boxes too! I'm really enjoying the changes I see in my garage.