Thank you so much for the compliments! I had the yarn for the sweater - it's Premier Debra Norville Everyday and it's a no-pill acrylic and so soft. I'm really not sure what size it is - I was thinking around 12M. She'll be born in December, so even though they're in southern CA, she'll need a sweater. I had the Caron Simply Soft for the lovey, too. Trying my darnedest to use up my stash, but this will take awhile.

One of the things I've invested in is a separate hard drive. When my first computer crashed, my son suggested getting a portable/external hard drive, so that's where I keep most of my patterns and photos. Theoretically, if something happens to the laptop I'll still have what I've saved on the portable.

I called my son last night and he told me to right click on the file I'd saved, and a pop-up window showed that the default was Word. I was able to switch that to OpenOffice and click on "open docs with this" box, so I shouldn't have a problem anymore. What I don't like about OpenOffice is that it doesn't work well with photos. So even though I got the pattern back (whew!), I am having to redo all the photos and captions. Then it looks like I can just hit "file" and export as a PDF. I like to keep one copy of the pattern as a document just in case I do need to correct something later, and then if someone does buy the pattern, I send out a pdf format. I also have to weigh buying the Word program vs. how many patterns I'll write, because I really only need it for the patterns. So I guess I'll limp along with OpenOffice and see how it goes.